2010 TWDT Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
    I hope you hand in the reins of this after this tournament. I picture this running more smoothly when we can get some variety here. You must not know the population well, since your giving preference for people who were ALREADY captains. I know quite a few guys who could handle captaincy much better than draft or i.d. and they don't happen to be former cheaters and scumbags or pubbers (yes people like this exist)

-with love
    Seriously? I don't really know summa very well but I have to take my hat off to him for this. Would I do things differently than him? Yeah maybe, I'd probably give the most successful captains from last season first shot as capping and filled in the rest, but who cares? Summa took this league from literally nothing except a broken website and made it fairly competitive and surprisingly exciting. Normally I wouldn't have responded to a post like this, but in a time of a staff that is getting lazier, summa has done a great job and isn't asking for any praise or recognition. Sure we might do things differently, but Summa's way undeniably works despite fuck ups like vys and ignite flaking out.

Summa, thanks again for all the work. This might not be the spot to say it, but it needed to be said. +1 2 u
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Most of these players are Javers or Warbirds....
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

I am in need of another captain.

Considering those who were previously under consideration.
        TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
        TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
        Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
        - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
        Originally posted by kthx
        Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Well, not quite sure why tons of people would refuse to play with me, if I was one of the ones that fit into that category, but anyways, I'm willing to step up and captain to pick up other people's slack if needed.

-Thrill

Comment

I hope you hand in the reins of this after this tournament. I picture this running more smoothly when we can get some variety here. You must not know the population well, since your giving preference for people who were ALREADY captains. I know quite a few guys who could handle captaincy much better than draft or i.d. and they don't happen to be former cheaters and scumbags or pubbers (yes people like this exist)

-with love
            wow shut the fuck up already
            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
              Well, not quite sure why tons of people would refuse to play with me, if I was one of the ones that fit into that category, but anyways, I'm willing to step up and captain to pick up other people's slack if needed.

-Thrill
              Thrill will be made the 8th and final captain of TWDT. Will be sending out a message to all caps asking about their availability for the draft and requesting their team names later tonight.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

The draft order for the first round will be as follows:

1. Thrill
                2. Draft
                3. Pjotter
                4. Dreamwin
                5. Singer
                6. M_M God
                7. Ease
                8. Hurricane

The 2nd round will be the converse:

1. Hurricane
                2. Ease
                3. M_M God
                4. Singer
                5. Dreamwin
                6. Pjotter
                7. Draft
                8. Thrill

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
                  wow shut the fuck up already
                  hahaha you mad?
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

I am really eager to figure out my twdt name... I have a few idea's, but not sure what name to take yet... Some other captains already decided their names?

I'm thinking: "Pink Dildo's of DOOM"

or just: "Draft Squad"

Or something nice I come up with while I am high on life...
                    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

hahaha you mad?
                      I don't get why you're even criticizing Humid on the fantastic job that he's been doing with this league. Why shouldn't caps be caps? Why would I want people with less/mediocre expertise leading a team when there are people that know how to do it? I'd be more forgiving about this idea in TWD because it's for a longer period of time and there is less pressure for up and coming leaders to perform in this type of league. You're captaining for THREE different leagues, you're not just choosing what league you want to play in like in TWD. I'd rather have someone whose been around longer that understands how to captain all three leagues than this mysterious list of capable players you seem to have.

Furthermore, did your list of players even want to be captains for TWDT? If they're capable then sure, give them cap and raise hell, but if o wait nevermind saw you wanted cap but didn't get it. go cry more. If Humid steps down from running it next year I hope you take it so we can watch it become like this years BWC.

Keep up the good work Humid. : )
                      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
                        I don't get why you're even criticizing Humid on the fantastic job that he's been doing with this league. Why shouldn't caps be caps? Why would I want people with less/mediocre expertise leading a team when there are people that know how to do it? I'd be more forgiving about this idea in TWD because it's for a longer period of time and there is less pressure for up and coming leaders to perform in this type of league. You're captaining for THREE different leagues, you're not just choosing what league you want to play in like in TWD. I'd rather have someone whose been around longer that understands how to captain all three leagues than this mysterious list of capable players you seem to have.

Furthermore, did your list of players even want to be captains for TWDT? If they're capable then sure, give them cap and raise hell, but if o wait nevermind saw you wanted cap but didn't get it. go cry more. If Humid steps down from running it next year I hope you take it so we can watch it become like this years BWC.

Keep up the good work Humid. : )
                        crying? I don't understand, where did I sound bitter?

and you're right, i do not have a magical list of deserving people that humid overlooked, but picking ignite and vys and declaring this trend to continue on for other all others is just silly .

just sayin, didn't mean to hit ya soft spot project dragon. humid is doing a good job, and i gave my suggestions. nothing more nothing less

no biggie mrs. piggy.

gl in the tournaments all
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

and you're right, i do not have a magical list of deserving people that humid overlooked, but picking ignite and vys and declaring this trend to continue on for other all others is just silly .
                          Allow urself to list them in the event that these caps quit, fail, or die. Also I would consider them or leave them for another op to consider for the next season.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

will the drafting begin tomorrow (may 30th) or next week?

(my guess is next week, considering the ratings came out just now -- but i could be wrong, so i'm double checking)

:fear:

Comment

The draft will be Sunday June 6th and start between noon and 3 EST depending on availability.

Caps will be receiving messages today inquiring about availability and team names.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Request: Cycle the 3 leagues between the 3 time slots so that if a player cannot make a certain time, they will not consistently not make the time. I've been meaning to say this for a while.
                                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                                Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                                X