2010 TWDT Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kim View Post
    Request: Cycle the 3 leagues between the 3 time slots so that if a player cannot make a certain time, they will not consistently not make the time. I've been meaning to say this for a while.
    I have been meaning to implement this. I think it is going to go something like D/J/B wk 1 J/B/D wk 2 B/D/J wk 3, rinse and repeat.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Request: Cycle the 3 leagues between the 3 time slots so that if a player cannot make a certain time, they will not consistently not make the time. I've been meaning to say this for a while.
      +1

fucking hated that some of my players would consistently miss matches every week and that never changed :-(

Comment

Captain: Why did you miss the game?
        Player: last week game was at 2 so this week I thought it would be at 2

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
          Captain: Why did you miss the game?
          Player: last week game was at 2 so this week I thought it would be at 2
          Agreed with Burnt here. Also if players consistently missed matches at 3 pm est on sunday for some reason I have a hard time believing they would have magically shown up at 2 pm or 4 pm. Probably had more 2 do with it being a sunday than the actual time range which is within the same 3 hours. Some people just aren't willing to sacrifice a weekend day to play spaceships, while some are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
            Agreed with Burnt here. Also if players consistently missed matches at 3 pm est on sunday for some reason I have a hard time believing they would have magically shown up at 2 pm or 4 pm. Probably had more 2 do with it being a sunday than the actual time range which is within the same 3 hours. Some people just aren't willing to sacrifice a weekend day to play spaceships, while some are.
            Agreed.
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Due to Hurricane's inability to attend the draft and inability to find an alternative measure of selecting his team, jaa will be replacing him with the reinstallment of top5squad.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

so 3pm est for draft pickings?

and don't listen to kims idea, whos going to field 8 at 2pm est when the zone is dead

also i dont want my javs to show up for twdtd and jav for twdtb etc, makes it more confusing
                (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                  so 3pm est for draft pickings?

and don't listen to kims idea, whos going to field 8 at 2pm est when the zone is dead

also i dont want my javs to show up for twdtd and jav for twdtb etc, makes it more confusing
                  Draft adverts will begin at 1:20 est and the draft will begin as early as 1:30 est and as late as 2 est

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

i don't really like the idea of alternating the time slots for twdt-j, twdt-d and twdt-b.. but whatever. i will show, just makes a bit annoying. either way, it's the captains/assistant captains duty to inform/tell people when to show for the game(s). :fear:

also, the games are going to be 2/3/4 right? else it would.. uh.. well.. suck. :wub:

Comment

just checked the schedule.... why would you listen to kim's idea? honestly now all the players are going to be confused to what time they have to show

gl filling 8 players that are actually basers at 2pm est or having the proper players playing ther rightful ship

last season was fine the way it was

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                        just checked the schedule.... why would you listen to kim's idea? honestly now all the players are going to be confused to what time they have to show

gl filling 8 players that are actually basers at 2pm est or having the proper players playing ther rightful ship

last season was fine the way it was
                        because you aren't me, and you don't receive the feedback and complaints that i do. a lot of people wanted the noon - 5 scheduling system. or at least games not always @ the same times. this is the best that i can provide with the given situation. it will give more ppl opportunities to play.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Just tell everyone to show to all your games! Or tell your players to check the schedule! Or send ?messages to your players! All novel ideas! Players can play in 2/3 leagues anyways, so they should show to at least 2 of the scheduled times anyways.
                          When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

you can switch the twdtd/twdtj games around if u want, but at least keep twdtb around the end?

look at twl for example, everyone sets there lb games at the end (evening), they do that cause its generally harder to get 8 players to show at 2pm est

if not, whatever

Comment

Yeah I agree with Draft here, more players are usually online then so you won't risk forfeiting any twdtb matches..if that's even possible :P
                              Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                              24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                              1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Working...
                              X