• Time
  • Show
Clear All

type in a regular font faggot.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
      type in a regular font faggot.
      You're typing in Verdana, which is not a regular font. According to the US government, Garamond is a regular font. Conclusion: you are the faggot.
      4:TABARNAK!!!> TABARNAK!!> ?help general aladeen is the best staffer ive ever encountered in my journey
      (zreqdf)>is he forcing u 2 say that?

4:General Aladeen> oder man.. i checked ur warnings once and my laptop nearly fried

Comment

According to the US Government there is no such thing as a Islamic Jihadist, and terrorist is a word that shouldn't be used.

You sir, are still the faggot.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

This thread is a good example of how players will try to appeal for any possible reason if they happen to lose a game. I should have known this would happen.

30 minutes before the TWDTB games were to start, the bot was tested and found to be broken (okay, yes, it should have been tested earlier, but that's not my responsibility), so humid and I tried to figure out a way to do it without the TWDT bot so that everyone that showed up to play could actually play, and not have to cancel all 4 games. The options came down to a point race game using the BWC module, or a ?go base style game to 10 minutes, and when I asked players what they preferred, everyone said 10 minutes. The BWC module also enforces a 4-spider limit, so there would have been ridiculous whining over that, anyway.

I guess the lesson is to always assume players will bitch and whine about any solution. Frankly, this is annoying as shit. It wouldn't have even mattered if the ref spammed "GAME IS 10 MINUTES!!!" in green messages with the fart sound effect, he still would have tried to appeal it. If I were running TWDT I wouldn't have replayed the base games at all, what whatever.
          sdg

Comment

take your river city ransom ass gif elsewhere.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I've had this avatar for like 4 years. :ermm:
              sdg

Comment

Yeah well, I can't really argue with your post so I have to be shallow and point out aesthetic things .
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by TABARNAK!!! View Post
                  10 or 15 minutes makes no difference because you're supposed to give your best during every minute. Many of our squaddies including myself didn't know if it was 10 or 15 but it didn't matter, we all just made sure that our cram couldnt be broken. When you try to break a cram, just have in mind it could be either 10 or 15 minutes, and the fact that it could be 10 minutes should give you even more will to break it (we can notice this in many bds when a team starts trying at the end and makes nice comeback). Just try your best everytime and the duration of the game wont matter at all. At least it worked for every team that has won the basing game Sunday.
                  Or am I missing an important point? :fear:
                  yeah that's different

yea there are more cram breaks and nice come backs when time is running out , but that is becuase teams take more risks and last gasp do or die moves not that they only start trying. Also when these riskier moves fail it's not noticed since the team looked certain to lose anyway so the failures dont stand out as much as the successes.

If the team took that many risks from the get go ultimately they would end up losing harder, or at least they should if not they are camping vs cram too much
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                    This thread is a good example of how players will try to appeal for any possible reason if they happen to lose a game. I should have known this would happen.

30 minutes before the TWDTB games were to start, the bot was tested and found to be broken (okay, yes, it should have been tested earlier, but that's not my responsibility), so humid and I tried to figure out a way to do it without the TWDT bot so that everyone that showed up to play could actually play, and not have to cancel all 4 games. The options came down to a point race game using the BWC module, or a ?go base style game to 10 minutes, and when I asked players what they preferred, everyone said 10 minutes. The BWC module also enforces a 4-spider limit, so there would have been ridiculous whining over that, anyway.

I guess the lesson is to always assume players will bitch and whine about any solution. Frankly, this is annoying as shit. It wouldn't have even mattered if the ref spammed "GAME IS 10 MINUTES!!!" in green messages with the fart sound effect, he still would have tried to appeal it. If I were running TWDT I wouldn't have replayed the base games at all, what whatever.
                    I will bitch and whine about any decision I as a captain wasn't informed personally about. Any decision that affects my team or the way the game is played and any decision that makes it easier for players like BrokenFist to stay in the game and makes it able for them to lag even more for that matter...

Heck, you may call me a whiny player/bad captain for that, and even if that's correct, it shouldn't be a reason to deny an appeal on.

If I where running TWDT or was even involved with the hosting process, I would've asked the captains of every TWDT team what they would want instead of just some "random" ughughFriends/peopleyoulike/peoplethatagreewithUUghugh people... I never understood how it was so hard for staff to answer some of the easiest questions or ask some of the easiest questions, just to make sure that whatever they doing is supported by most of the people...

And TWDT enforces a 4 spider limit aswell, so any teams playing with 5 spiders should've forfeited automatically... But then again, you really believe the base games where hosted good and with few to no flaws and that there really is no reason to replay them...

But by now I really hope a definite decisions is gonna be made fast, so I can spend the *s I've left...
                    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
                      yeah that's different

yea there are more cram breaks and nice come backs when time is running out , but that is becuase teams take more risks and last gasp do or die moves not that they only start trying. Also when these riskier moves fail it's not noticed since the team looked certain to lose anyway so the failures dont stand out as much as the successes.

If the team took that many risks from the get go ultimately they would end up losing harder, or at least they should if not they are camping vs cram too much
                      But they had to be prepared to any eventuality: 10 or 15 minutes. If they play stupid and suicide, while they arent sure if its 10 or 15 minutes, they are stupid and deserve to lose the game (and lose their right to play in this tournament, and possibly their right to even exist). We didnt notice if the game was 10 or 15 minutes so we didnt take any risk. Those who have lost deserve their loss, stop blaming the clock. Just break that cram and get that flag. :fear:
                      4:TABARNAK!!!> TABARNAK!!> ?help general aladeen is the best staffer ive ever encountered in my journey
                      (zreqdf)>is he forcing u 2 say that?

4:General Aladeen> oder man.. i checked ur warnings once and my laptop nearly fried

Comment

Working...
                      X