No announcement yet.

Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not like it matters to me because ill miss some games in july/august because of vacations but..with the exception of phiz's team last season im always on the shitty team for 3 seasons or something that either forfeits/doesnt cares..i love this league.

kthx suggestion to put us on waivers is nice but I guess letting us forfeit is easier..unless sing decides to step up but yea..
    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
    Your friend,
    ​​Papi
    ​​​​​

Comment

I don't get paid enough for this shit :P

I was wrong of thinking that I could do a good job with the capping and Im sorry for players like Stayon but there's so much better things to do on sundays, went to an amusement park and saw fireworks on my last!

Aaanyways I tried and failed and don't care enough to keep on going, just for me alone I don't mind forfeiting but it's a little harsh for those who really wants to play even tho I dont think there's alot. :P

and for those calling me emo I'm like the total opposite lol but whatever it's all good I love it =)

Comment

League scheduling needs a big overhaul anyway. TWDT games during the World Cup is one thing, it can be avoided pretty easily, especially on the years without it.

But scheduling TWL games during the NFL season? Really? That's just harsh.
        GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

was just giving my opinion, its fine sing!
          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
          Your friend,
          ​​Papi
          ​​​​​

Comment

Well one suggestion would be to let Singer drop a few players, and then we can sit around each week bitching at the people he drafted that never login anymore like Geio and stuff instead of bitching about the people who show up each week and have to play random leagues they suck at with people who are decent at that league and vice versa.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

waiver idea is horrible. ideally it would work this way but it won't... it gives too much of an advantage to the teams that pick specific players up. If you drop them to the waivers half of us dont have stars to bid on people, and if you give us more stars to bid on people, we've already all reached our cap... so I will just bid all 50 stars on stayon etc etc. Just a big headache that won't work very well. Stayon clearly cares about showing up, why not make him captain of the team, Im sure the team would be more likely to show with stayon as captain, and, if needed, he can also replace some of his roster with free agents to that they can show to matches.

Comment

So don't do Waivers, do a special week 3 draft, axe the squad, and give every captain 3 picks.

And nobody can save the squad, it isn't even that singer was a terrible captain or anything, he just drafted people who don't show up for the games.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

thats the same thing as singer being a horrible captain. He drafted very poorly without any regard 2 activity/whether people could show etc etc.

Best idea I could think of is divide his 525 stars among the captains to raise their cap and do the mini draft idea that kthx suggested with 3 rounds, that wouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Meh, I mean he wasn't the best captain but in all fairness he was very active, and online until after week one when things went horribly awry. He wasn't as bad as say... J B Inc captaining a squad in TWLD.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Due to general consensus, Emofucks will not be disbanded and redistributed...I am more than willing to re-assign cap and attempt to fill in the inactives with waiver players, but beyond that there isn't much else that can be done.

In terms of scheduling this is what will be happening this weekend: We will either be starting at 1 est or 2 est (probably 2 est) and we will be playing games back to back. As soon as the first series of games ends, the next will begin. This will hopefully half our play time getting Americans free for their holiday at approximated 3:30 est or 2:30 est depending on when we begin.

The world cup poses a slightly larger problem, as it sits right in the middle of the times when this tournament usually runs. I would like to do something similar to what is being done this weekend, however I am not certain that it can be done all too well without splitting the games and having 2 before the WC final and 1 after (however many players will likely be intoxicated afterwards, thus dropping the quality of play). I will be working on this a bit more before I go official, but hey I got another week ^.^
                      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                      Originally posted by kthx
                      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I will be the first to say that I think it will be a very bad showing this weekend in terms of squads and players in the draft league.. I don't know about most American's but I generally spend the entire day eating and drinking with friends, and I am not going to want to wait till like 3-4 pm to start getting loaded. But seeing as how my squad doesn't really show up anyways I guess it doesn't matter.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                          Due to general consensus, Emofucks will not be disbanded and redistributed...I am more than willing to re-assign cap and attempt to fill in the inactives with waiver players, but beyond that there isn't much else that can be done.

In terms of scheduling this is what will be happening this weekend: We will either be starting at 1 est or 2 est (probably 2 est) and we will be playing games back to back. As soon as the first series of games ends, the next will begin. This will hopefully half our play time getting Americans free for their holiday at approximated 3:30 est or 2:30 est depending on when we begin.

The world cup poses a slightly larger problem, as it sits right in the middle of the times when this tournament usually runs. I would like to do something similar to what is being done this weekend, however I am not certain that it can be done all too well without splitting the games and having 2 before the WC final and 1 after (however many players will likely be intoxicated afterwards, thus dropping the quality of play). I will be working on this a bit more before I go official, but hey I got another week ^.^
                          You dont watch WC finals at home... you mental? Welllll, atleast not home alone, and by all means when you're sitting somewhere watching it with a bunch of friends or relatives I doubt you'll be going to sit behind your computer till just b4 the game and move back behind it just after the game...

But I guess, just do it and I wont show up my matches, like I will show up this weekend...
                          TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                          TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                          TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                          First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

maybe suspend 2 league rule this weekend too?
                            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
                              You dont watch WC finals at home... you mental? Welllll, atleast not home alone, and by all means when you're sitting somewhere watching it with a bunch of friends or relatives I doubt you'll be going to sit behind your computer till just b4 the game and move back behind it just after the game...

But I guess, just do it and I wont show up my matches, like I will show up this weekend...
                              FFS stop fucking whining. We aren't going to complain about this weekend so don't complain about next. If you can't show up, don't show up. We don't want to know the reason why.

P.s. Stop whining Pjotter, it's just a game after all.
                              A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Regen View Post
                                FFS stop fucking whining. We aren't going to complain about this weekend so don't complain about next. If you can't show up, don't show up. We don't want to know the reason why.

P.s. Stop whining Pjotter, it's just a game after all.
                                And you just whined about my whine, eventhough my whine wasn't really whine, it was moreso a reaction to the numerous whinings of people wanting to watch superbowl and how they cannot show up b4 and after game cause it's a social event... and I obviously dont care what place we'll finish, cause we'll make it to play-offs anyways... even if we lose all 3 next weekend...

And on top of that, people were complaining about this weekend, so that is another statement in your post which is False...

On top of that: I think there is plenty of people that wants to hear the reason why I couldn't show up or cannot show up... Cause apparently I have the tendency of not showing for important matches, as far as any match within this game can be called important...

So is Football, in the end it's just a game... doesn't mean it's major for some people... So stating something is just a game, basically states that that something might be the most important thing in the life of a person or even a group of persons... good day sir, thank you for proving you're a dumbass with my foot up his ass....
                                TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                                TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                                TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                                First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Working...
                                X