This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two league / 6* rule for weekday games

we should suspend the two league rule for weekday games - who's gonna keep track, anyways?

furthermore, 6* rule should probably be suspended too, i'm pretty sure there are going to be massive attendance issues and it would be nice to keep forfeits to a minimum.
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

I say we give every squad 10 extra stars.

If they are confident that their squads will be able to make every game without problems they can use it in the free agency.

If they aren't confident about that we let squads use stars for:

1. One star to allow one player to play a third league that week.
    2. One star to allow a squad to play 5 players that are above six stars but not higher than eight stars.
    3. Three stars to reschedule either a twdtd/twdtj/twdtb match for the following day (unless its thursday and then it is bumped to Sunday).

And the amount of stars available to use for these perks will be no greater than 10 for the duration of this TWDT season.

-----

That basically gives a squad a few chances if something happens to not be penalized and not make the league seem weaker. It would allow squads to play higher star players if needed but still not play the best in the league players in all three leagues if they are playing a tough opponent, and make sure no games aren't played with the rescheduling option.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

darn

two of the rules i actually liked

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Which two????????????????????????????? TELL ME.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          Which two????????????????????????????? TELL ME.
          the 6* rule and the 2 games per week rule until playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
            the 6* rule and the 2 games per week rule until playoffs
            These rules stay the whole tourny. So also in playoffs+ you have to play with a 6*.
            Major Crisis

Comment

are we considering the three weekday games as one set of games, so players can only play two of the three?

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                are we considering the three weekday games as one set of games, so players can only play two of the three?
                I am gonna see it how it goes next week. Just get enough people and it shouldnt be a problem
                Major Crisis

Comment

i would assume that would be the approach to take

basically treat the weekday games as a self contained set of sunday games. thats the impression i got

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                    i would assume that would be the approach to take

basically treat the weekday games as a self contained set of sunday games. thats the impression i got
                    thats fine, just wondering whos gonna keep track of that shit

but i still think we're gonna have massive attendance issues because of it

gonna have your first round player show up on thursday's base game and he can't play because he played on tuesday and wednesday already, and you only have 6 eligible people on.

Comment

thats fine, just wondering whos gonna keep track of that shit

but i still think we're gonna have massive attendance issues because of it

gonna have your first round player show up on thursday's base game and he can't play because he played on tuesday and wednesday already, and you only have 6 eligible people on.
                      you begin to see why i was kind of against the weekday games. im sure the loudest of the people that were pro-weekday games will say that its the caps responsibility to get people there. but i think thats a little shortsighted and not entirely in the caps control. but, maybe i will be wrong and it will run great. as far as keeping track, id say its the caps responsibility first of all (or the assts if the cap isnt there.) that is something that is well within the cap's abilities to keep track of. i think there should probably be a prolonged period of roster checking to be done as well after the time is up. subs will be tough and i assume that will be the biggest responsibility of the cap as far as elligible people. if you add a person that isnt allowed to play, those penalties are probably on you.

i think this bed was made and now we have to sleep in it.

Comment

Which is why we need to add these rules and do what I said in the other thread.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Not knowing anything of this debate, I would say that rather than actually preferring to make games on weekdays or thinking it was a good idea; MC probably felt pressure from above and below to come up with a creative solution. Without me sitting on staff chat 24/7 flaunting how the TWDT finals have drawn a larger attendance and a higher zone population than the TWL finals the past 3 years running, someone high up probably got the "oh my god we need another twl immediately or the zone will die" bug. Combine that staff pressure with the threads on the TWL section of the forum saying OMGIZZLE TWL NOW! and you have this solution. Be ready for attendance problems, particularly for teams that are not doing well. If it doesn't work out for you, I'd personally just move back to the sunday only schedule.

Also, if attendance issues arise, don't think "oh maybe it's an isolated case" or "maybe the league just doesn't draw enough people". The only previous attendance issues were from Cripple's team in season 2, which emo'd out. Address the problem immediately if it arises to preserve maximum success.
                          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                          Originally posted by kthx
                          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Well to be fair last year TWLB and TWLD were hosted at the same time for some reason, and the year before that Quicksand vs Thunder or SK8 or whatever squad it was filled up the arena to the point that PL had to add space to the arena to let everyone in. Not sure if you are correct about TWDT Finals outdoing TWL Finals :P
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                              Not knowing anything of this debate, I would say that rather than actually preferring to make games on weekdays or thinking it was a good idea; MC probably felt pressure from above and below to come up with a creative solution. Without me sitting on staff chat 24/7 flaunting how the TWDT finals have drawn a larger attendance and a higher zone population than the TWL finals the past 3 years running, someone high up probably got the "oh my god we need another twl immediately or the zone will die" bug. Combine that staff pressure with the threads on the TWL section of the forum saying OMGIZZLE TWL NOW! and you have this solution. Be ready for attendance problems, particularly for teams that are not doing well. If it doesn't work out for you, I'd personally just move back to the sunday only schedule.

Also, if attendance issues arise, don't think "oh maybe it's an isolated case" or "maybe the league just doesn't draw enough people". The only previous attendance issues were from Cripple's team in season 2, which emo'd out. Address the problem immediately if it arises to preserve maximum success.
                              I will test it the coming week, if the teams fail I will obviously go back to sunday's only.
                              The people asked for midweeks games so they have a chance for it. If they fail with it I am pretty sure no one else will try it again. I was personally against it.
                              Major Crisis

Comment

Working...
                              X