Important information regarding updates and changes - 06/18/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important information regarding updates and changes - 06/18/13

Hello, my in-game name is K A N E. I will be taking over for Undercut as Head of TWDT and I am also taking care of the dev side of TWDT. This change was made on Saturday, the night before we were suppose to start Week 1 in TWDT. That was one of the reasons behind Week 1 being switched to another week of pre-season. Undercut had developed a system for TWDT and I wanted to stick to it but we seem to be running into a few problems that it is causing. Thus, I am going to be making a few changes that are stated below. I apologize for these changes coming in during Week 1 but it is what it is. Feel free to leave me a ?message or find me in game with any thoughts, opinions, or concerns you have.

Players picked up off waivers will be assigned a star rating according to how much the winning bid was. This rating will be divided up among the three leagues as all the other ratings have been.
    Previously star ratings were assigned to the player before they were picked up off waivers and ran totally independent of bid amounts. Captains were suppose to have a set amount of stars every week to spend on waivers according to the formula of Starcap - drop penalties - total roster star value = bidding stars for the week. I understand change will affect bidding for the rest of the season and even put captains over the cap limit. There will be no penalty if this change puts you over the limit, but you do not have any stars to spend as long as you are. Feel free to fine tune your roster so you can get bids out before they close following Week 2's games.

Greens were removed from the TWDTD arenas. Spider limit on TWDTB was raised from 4 to 8.
    I don't think this one needs an explanation but feel free to voice your opinion on it.

A second draft will be held the Saturday at 2 PM EST of Week 2 games.
    There are 40+ people on waivers right now and the system that was inherited does not promote bidding across the board while putting focus on a few players. From what I have seen there are a few teams that are struggling to make line-up while 61 stars are being bid on megaman. This goes against the essence of what TWDT is suppose to be. This will ensure that all the players who signed up will have a team and will hopefully help the teams that need it. This will be after bidding is closed for the season and sorted on Friday of that same week. At this point star caps would be disregarded since the current system does not apply caps to line-ups and only affect a teams bidding. If you are a cap and cannot make this time then please get in contact with me so we can work something out.

Added a simple player list to the website. It is on the navigation bar under "Players". It will show the individual player ratings for each league .
    Its pretty ghetto but its functional. Deal with it. (Able to sort the list by clicking the header)

A side note, I am watching the rule about having a 5 star player in or they forfeit. It is a tricky one to deal with during these times. On one hand I don't want a team to forfeit a game because a 5 star player did not show up and on the other I don't want people to show up every week yet aren't given a chance to play. No changes are being made to this rule but I it is something that I am monitoring closely.

As I said before, feel free to contact me in game with any comments, questions, or concerns.
    Last edited by Kane; 06-20-2013, 06:02 AM.

tl;dr
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Captains were suppose to have a set amount of stars every week to spend on waivers according to the formula of Starcap - drop penalties - total roster star value = bidding stars for the week. I understand change will affect bidding for the rest of the season and even put captains over the cap limit. There will be no penalty if this change puts you over the limit, but you do not have any stars to spend as long as you are. Feel free to fine tune your roster so you can get bids out before they close following Week 2's games.
      What?

A second draft will be held the Saturday at 2 PM EST of Week 2 games.
      What?

I will not be able to attend this. 95% of the saturdays im gone drinking.

As I already told undercut SEVERAL TIMES... Do NOT change the rules after the draft, because that's pretty much the only thing that matters. Your tactical picks in draft no longer mean a dog shit when you change the rules weekly. *SIGH*
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

If it was up to me, I'd change the 5* rule to a 2 5* rule. Meaning: 2 newbs should be able to play each match + 3 pros (concerning DD and JD) and maybe ven 3 5* players in BD to let new players play? Would still give the majority of pros the chance to play + new players to experience the competitional aspect of TW and play alongside vets. Just a thought.
        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Limit the number of high-star players able to be played, 2-3 for wb/jav, 3 for base.
          that is the ONLY way that you will ensure the lower star players will have any chance of actually playing.
          I dont suggest doing that this season, it would fuck up too many cap's rosters. As soon as this season ends though, shit needs some fixing. (Fix twl now while we're at it instead of waiting 1 week before season starts)
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Good stuff, KANE.
            4:BigKing> xD
            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
            4:BigKing> what did i do???
            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
            4:BigKing> ???? why though
            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
            4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
              Limit the number of high-star players able to be played, 2-3 for wb/jav, 3 for base.
              that is the ONLY way that you will ensure the lower star players will have any chance of actually playing.
              I dont suggest doing that this season, it would fuck up too many cap's rosters. As soon as this season ends though, shit needs some fixing. (Fix twl now while we're at it instead of waiting 1 week before season starts)
              That's exactly what I proposed, Shaddow. I'm glad we see eye 2 eye.
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

can you auto draft for me ty

Comment

Originally posted by Kane View Post
                  Greens were removed from the TWDTD arenas. Spider limit on TWDTB was raised from 4 to 8.
                  [/B]I don't think this one needs an explanation but feel free to voice your opinion on it.
                  Being that I basically made this league; this is the only horrible change made. And it does require an explanation. TWDT is designed in a particular way to be distinctly different from TWD and TWL. Some of the ways it accomplishes that is through draft structure, some of the ways it accomplishes that is through slight variations in arenas, and one of the ways it accomplished that was trying to innovate basing by FORCING a special ship upon teams.

Adding a rule like this retroactively (after the draft has occurred) punishes captains who valued players who are particularly skilled in a special ship in basing more highly than someone else.

Absolutely poor decision; would suggest reverting it immediately.
                  TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                  TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                  Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                  - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                  Originally posted by kthx
                  Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane View Post
                    A side note, I am watching the rule about having a 5 star player in or they forfeit. It is a tricky one to deal with during these times. On one hand I don't want a team to forfeit a game because a 5 star player did not show up and on the other I don't want people to show up every week yet aren't given a chance to play. No changes are being made to this rule but I it is something that I am monitoring closely.
                    This also shows some inexperience working in leagues. That rule is there; and always has been there since the formation of the league. It is a captain's job to make sure their players show up, not your job to babysit them and treat this like TWD where you can suddenly add pubber27 to your team in 3 seconds.
                    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                    Originally posted by kthx
                    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                      Adding a rule like this retroactively (after the draft has occurred) punishes captains who valued players who are particularly skilled in a special ship in basing more highly than someone else.
                      I know I have stepped down as head but i would just like to add, the 4 spider limit was changed before the draft, the only reason the rule wasn't in place last week was because I wasn't aware there was a physical limit in place on the bots.
                      Last edited by Undercut; 06-19-2013, 06:50 PM.
                      3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

I know I have stepped down as head but i would just like to add, the 4 spider limit was changed before the draft, the only reason the rule wasn't in place last week was because I wasn't aware there was a physical limit in place on the bots.
                        There was no information about it anywhere. Not on forums, no ?messages, no !messagebot, not on site, nothing. Prolly told ur friend caps on pandora chat. I found this out after preseason week 1 when both, me and my opponent, played the match with 4 spiders/1jav.
                        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                          This also shows some inexperience working in leagues. That rule is there; and always has been there since the formation of the league. It is a captain's job to make sure their players show up, not your job to babysit them and treat this like TWD where you can suddenly add pubber27 to your team in 3 seconds.
                          I know I spoke with you in-game humid, but I am going to address your statement here so people have a better understanding of what I meant. I've had various requests to change this rule from above, below, and everyone on the side. I have not touched it because I don't think there is a problem with it. I did not take part in rating players but im not sure if they took into consideration the difference between a 5 star player and a 6 star player and how big that is when it comes to strategy.

I also didn't want teams finding an underrated star player and playing them week after week sorta exploiting the reason of the rule. It would also suck seeing 10 players show up who are above a 5 star rating and they forfeit because a 5 star didn't show. As of right now, I don't want to change anything more than I have to so this will most likely stay the same.
                          Last edited by Kane; 06-20-2013, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Almost everyone is a 5-star in something -- I have 13 players in each league that are 5-star; If the 5-stars you drafted to play a specific league don't show for wbs, you just add a jav or a baser and suck it up.

That said, if a team has a low turnout and only 5 players above 5-star, if the other team agrees (and is also allowed to play them with or without a 5-star) and Op(s) approve it, I think this would be an ideal situation. Maybe allow each team to do this 1-2 times max per regular season or something?
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                              Almost everyone is a 5-star in something -- I have 13 players in each league that are 5-star; If the 5-stars you drafted to play a specific league don't show for wbs, you just add a jav or a baser and suck it up.

That said, if a team has a low turnout and only 5 players above 5-star, if the other team agrees (and is also allowed to play them with or without a 5-star) and Op(s) approve it, I think this would be an ideal situation. Maybe allow each team to do this 1-2 times max per regular season or something?
                              That's the opposite of what TW is trying to achieve. Haven't you learned anything during the past few years?
                              Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                              X