No announcement yet.

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY -- Games will be played as scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should play the games really, it's already Thursday and there's been no announcement yet. All teams showing will probably be hurt by the big game but hopeful they cancel each other out and at least there's enough to have the game. The only game I see suffering the most is Base since it takes the most people to play and it also seems like it's closer to the starting time of the football game

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
      I dont care/mind either way (sure im british, but I watch the SB), but isn't the point of TWDT to let people get exposure to game time in a competitive league who don't usually, and playing with new people?

If some 'starters' cant show sunday then it allows other people on the team get game time. What's the point on even drafting or having more than 10 guys on a twdt roster if it's the same starters for every league every single week? Doesn't that defeat the objective of captains thinking ahead and drafting a solid roster, not just a solid starting line?
      A. There is No new players.

B. I think the number one reason this isnt canceled yet. Is because a captain's " not saying any names" sqd isnt doing so well, struggling to make play offs. And he cares alot about SS. Is looking for cheap wins. And he has a nice lineup of nerds who play ss religiously/have no social life and/Or from a country that doesnt watch American football.

C. The players who dont get "play time"normaly dont show anyway. What makes you think they're gonna show on a sunday with something going on? Plus getting benched for 3 weeks, so nerds can add twl "like" lineups doesnt help their future of showing.

But hey goodluck bros hope no forfits!

Anyway I dont see why we cant just cancel, and have "double headers" next sunday.

That way there wouldn't be a delay on finals.

The games never take the whole hour anyway.
      Could easily fit them all in the 3pm est.- 6pm est. We use anyway.

PROS. Plus i feel you could give/allow benchers play time since you are playing 2 games of each league.
      "Everyone gets too play, everyones happy" Right!?!

CONS. Having enough hosts?
      Last edited by olde; 02-05-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
        Should play the games really, it's already Thursday and there's been no announcement yet. All teams showing will probably be hurt by the big game but hopeful they cancel each other out and at least there's enough to have the game. The only game I see suffering the most is Base since it takes the most people to play and it also seems like it's closer to the starting time of the football game
        ROFL bro the game gonna start so late prob by 6:30 EST time, usually sometimes it gets extended abit more on superbowls guessing 6:40ish. Base does take most of the time but realistically they end quick if you seen the past games lately.

Should be no problem.
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          Mean Gene is for playing the games on Sunday, and skatarius has waffled between both positions. Moreover, experienced, veteran players like Ease have emphatically said "do not delay it kills league."

#RememberEaster2015
          i said im for cancelling for sb sunday. never said i was for playing the games.

Comment

Originally posted by mean gene View Post
            i said im for cancelling for sb sunday. never said i was for playing the games.

Gene have you ever had a sandwich of ham and sorry, 2 late?
            Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
            Your friend,
            ​​Papi
            ​​​​​

Comment

No delay proved a success and the right decision. Schedule remains on track, Finals will be played 1 week before Easter, and league momentum is maintained.

If the game isn't dead next year, getting signups in December when people go home for Christmas and log in, starting early January, and finishing before Easter seems like a nice fit for TWDT.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
              X