No announcement yet.

Plans for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• because forums aren't representative of the player base.

that's like wondering why everyone on reddit overwhelmingly supports bernie sanders and being shocked that he's not currently the 45th president of the united states. 20% of twitter users account for like 80% of all twitter posts.

most players want to play TWDT.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

• Idea for TWDT setup.

- 8 teams total
      - Each team plays another twice
      - 7 games @ 37* for DD/JD, 62* for BD. 7 games at 40/41* DD/JD and 67/68* for BD.
      - 6 teams qualify for playoffs. First 2 get a bye. 3 & 4 1 game up vs 5 & 6.
      - Playoff games are at 40/67* limit
      3pm 3.5pm 4pm 4.5pm 5pm 5.5pm
      week 1 DD 37* DD 40* JD 37* DD 40* BD 62* BD 67*
      week 2 DD 37* DD 40* JD 37* DD 40* BD 62* BD 67*
      week 3 DD 37* DD 40* JD 37* DD 40* BD 62* BD 67*
      week 4 DD 37* DD 40* JD 37* DD 40* BD 62* BD 67*
      week 5 DD 37* DD 40* JD 37* DD 40* BD 62* BD 67*
      week 6 DD 37* DD 40* JD 37* DD 40* BD 62* BD 67*
      week 7 DD 37* DD 40* JD 37* DD 40* BD 62* BD 67*
      Upside: A chance for 6 / 7* players to impress their captain and get a spot in the upper line. 37* gives different options: from a top-heavy 10 9 6 6 6 to a balanced 8 8 7 7 7.
      Downside: Drafting becomes tougher, and as captain you rely on more people to show up consistently = more irregular lineups (Power had same 6 guys in JD&DD last 4-5 sundays, and we won those..)

Comment

• Options with that:
        A) As 6/7* will be getting more playingtime, it's gonna be taken away some from the 8/9/10* group -> maybe raise 40 to 41 and 67 to 68 (tweak some player ratings maybe tho)
        B) 9 teams. 8 games at 40/67*, 4 games at 37/62* and 4 games at no limit ('twl'-feel games or blowouts..?). 40/67* wins at 2 pts, other wins @ 1 pt. Playoffs regular..?
        2.5pm 3pm 3.5pm 4pm 4.5pm 5pm 5.5pm
        week 1 DD 37* JD 37* BD 62* DD 40* DD 40* JD 40* BD 67*
        week 2 DD no* JD no* BD no* DD 40* JD 40* JD 40* BD 67*
        week 3 DD 37* JD 37* BD 62* DD 40* JD 40* BD 67* BD 67*
        week 4 DD no* JD no* BD no* DD 40* DD 40* JD 40* BD 67*
        week 5 DD 37* JD 37* BD 62* DD 40* JD 40* JD 40* BD 67*
        week 6 DD no* JD no* BD no* DD 40* JD 40* BD 67* BD 67*
        week 7 DD 37* JD 37* BD 62* DD no* JD no* BD no*

My 2 cents on a borrowing pool of 6/7 stars. I don't like it, takes away too much from the twdt-concept. Also who'se gonna decide which captain picks who? Can you bench your own 6* to take a 7*? Does the other cap need to allow your borrow?

Comment

• Triple post comin up:

Ideas for maps:
          Current maps are old. Especially with bigger res in DD, a lot of players go for run and lob, with the space there is, it's sometimes tough for the rushing teams to counter this.
          I think a map can do a lot. I was thinking of creating a few more options, without going 'too crazy'. Perhaps every team has 1 'home' game, in which cap can choose the map. Playoffs same for round 1 + 2, round 3 = whichever gets most votes or regular map on tie.

1) Current map with more rocks towards the edges rocks (when being hunted you get trapped more easily), less rocks in the middle.
          2) Current map with 'trenches' (or curtains of rocks). Not so dense that it gets too difficult to fly through, but does cut up the map a bit in pieces, and when a team get separated, it could hurt you more. Teamwork / surrounding your opponent would become more important.
          4) Oval shaped map, with same amount of rocks density as current map
          5) Oval shaped map with rock density in the middle, thinning out towards the edges.

For JD/BD so much can be done. I felt the new map created for javs was a bit TOO much of a change, but having some maps that are very similar but just a bit different would be great. Too me it's important not to change the game, but give a bit different experience from time to time. Have a map in which escaping is a bit tougher, have a map in which escaping is bit easier, have a map with more 'skill'-shots etc.

Comment

• Twbd small change. Lines to shoot at cram, but 'long' way towards fr-entrance.
            Attached Files

Comment

• TWDD:

Click image for larger version

Name:	twdd trenches.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1332519
              Attached Files

Comment

• i like brams ideas

The Mind of the Father
                Riding on the subtle guiders
                Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                Of relentless Fire

Comment

• I thought I remember T WDT map for wbs being round at one point?
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                    I thought I remember T WDT map for wbs being round at one point?
                    It was. I believe it went to the square map when Ogron ran it.
                    Atleast when I ran it, it was circle.

Comment

• I personally like the circle map for TWDT-D. There was still running, but you couldn't do it for long. The border came up on you pretty fast and you had do maneuver around more rocks which prevented a lot of shifting.

Comment

Working...
                      X