What to do after this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRENCH WARS TEAM BATTLE - TWTB

5 squads determined by random num generator picks based off of star placement brackets. Assign each player a number within their bracket. Adjust parameters as picks progress until it dwindles down to last players remaining.

DD and JD teams each field 10 players. 10 vs 10 matches in a new arena(I can help make it). Slightly larger than twdd and TWJD arena but same rock distribution and box, just made in a slightly larger proportion.

BD teams field 14. 14 vs 14 matches in a new larger basing map with one entrance. 2 Terrs, 7spiders, 3 sharks , 2 specials.

Something new is important I think and this is a good idea to try with our population. It could be exciting guys .. seriously. Plus allow more room for low stars to play while MORE high stars (7 and up) get added into the mix!

or another name Alextron came up for it was. TRENCH WARS BATTLE ROYALE- TWBR
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I also think allowing new blood to take a stab is a good idea. Grasps seems time and time again interested to do stuff. He had his amazing podcasts and does have a capability to get amazing energy into things himself. There are a few people who can just lay down basics. I'm happy to help if my idea is considered.

One thing I will say is always having to rely on ogron or mythril or ease is unnecessary. We basically just need a coordinator. I love all the sites made that wirah has done and sort of enjoy hot or nots and ogrons artwork..umm ya its ok.. lol., but much of this stuff honestly is not needed. Forums can work for posting scores , teams and ladders ect if someone is willing to just do that, it doesn't need all the bells and whistles always.

I seriously want to try something new. I think using a num generator too is very viable. Perhaps grasps could podcast it live and do it himself. or someone. I like the idea of doing it totally random. Let the chips fall where they may. Parameters could be set to try and make it is fair as possible before using a random pick but it would be nice to just bypass all that draft stuff and it would add a new element to setting teams up.

TWEL should be done also. I think it would be nice and think players could be into that. I explained before how a tourney style TWEL with 20 min timers for games could work. That would need some DEV. My battle league idea would need some DEV too. I can help. Bosshawk has made a larger basing map already that I want to check out. These new maps could be made fairly quickly by copying the TWL arenas and just stretching them some.
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Also I'd like to hear other peoples suggestions for a new league. I like my idea. I think it could maybe be tweeked. Maybe 4 squads for this perhaps or.. 5 with a few less in lineup? Nor sure about realistic numbers we can expect, but it should be doable to have a bigger type battle scenario with more people playing at once. It would be different but that would be the fun in this. Hopefully people can keep an open mind no matter what the community comes up with. My idea though is not that drastic besides adding MORE people into the mix which should be a good thing.

Would love to hear other peoples ideas what we should do too.
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Stfu about ur idea. U only want that shit so your strays have a bigger chance to hit something. And adding 'new' players into something like that doesnt help at all. Especially in wb/jav they will get hunted out even more easily. Games will be more lopsided.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
            Stfu about ur idea. U only want that shit so your strays have a bigger chance to hit something. And adding 'new' players into something like that doesnt help at all. Especially in wb/jav they will get hunted out even more easily. Games will be more lopsided.
            Way to be constructive MC. Learn to dodge noob and quit whining about strays. It is a totally viable idea and a map DEV could deal with these issues some by maybe putting a category of slightly larger rocks in the mix. As I said game dynamics would differ and so would strategy but ffs learn to adapt and be open to try something new. Saying I want this for my style is ridiculous. Big games are a hella a lot of fun and are action packed. You have any ideas on something new that has to do with a league shooting at each other?
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post
              I dont know if this was proposed before.

I know before, years ago, there was a B league that thix helped make. Pretty much had a lot of new players play with the veterans in an attempt to familiarize them in getting involved with the competitive setting of the game.

As frustrating as this will probably be, why dont we make some type of league that has maybe 2-3 veterans and the rest newbies to compete?

Kinda like a sub par TWDT but for newbies. Maybe we can advertise it and see how many newer players would like to partake in it and we can get the newer players somehow involved.

and I mean strict like.... 2 veterans and 8 newbies or some shit like that. Maybe not basing because it?s too complex, but warbird and jav dueling?

when I was new I had no idea what I was doing until I had veterans pretty much introduce me to leagues and competitive play. Pub is ALWAYS full.... even at late nights. I?m sure a lot of them don?t even have an idea about the other side of TW.

or maybe we can add some of the competitive gameplay in the pub arena so the pub players can see and try and involve themselves in it?

like Wbduel, Javduel, Go base all that shit in pub too.
              Trench Wars Intermediate Basing (TWIB)

Comment

Working...
              X