HOT OR NOT -- FINALS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT OR NOT -- FINALS

A record five teams made the TWDT Finals, leaving nearly two-thirds of the league still in contention on Sunday, as Pirates, Haze, Gryffindor, Lag & Luck, and Win or Die vied for glory.

This was all made possible by Ease, Wirah, bitsaver, Porkjet, and the hosts, so a big thanks to them for their work this season.

TWDT-D

Pirates vs. Haze
    50-35
    Round 1

The plunderin', peg-legged pirates pursued their prey with Poseidon's fury, as Kado (16-9) and Mythril (15-8) stormed Haze's starboard with cutlasses abreast, taking no prisoners.

Behind their dynamic duo followed their captain Singer, alongside Beam and Beast (6-2), who squirreled away his deaths for winter.

On the losing side, Haze looked lost at sea as only Iron Survivor (10-10) steeled himself against the tide, with Zapata, Rough, Lockdown, and SpookedOne faltering. Spooky looked like he was having a miracle game, starting 6-2, but his luck wore off and he finished 6-10.

HOT: Kado (16-9)
    HOT: Mythril (15-8)

NOT: Lockdown (4-10). Like asian parents' son who became a dentist instead of a doctor, Letdown lived up to his name in this one.

Haze vs. Pirates
    50-40
    Round 2

Haze punched back round two, as Iron Survivor (12-8), Rough (11-8), Felix (9-6), Zapata, and Lockdown put in a balanced performance to get the W.

Beam (11-10) and Mythril (10-10) were serviceable, but Singer, Beast, and Kado underperformed.

HOT: Iron Survivor (12-8)
    HOT: Rough (11-8)

NOT: Kado (3-10). My boy really shit the bed in round 2. When it comes to sailing, every deck's a poop deck when you're with Kado. His family motto:

Haze vs. Pirates
    50-29
    Round 3

Pirates completely fell apart in the round three in a 50-29 massacre that echoed through the Halls of Valhalla.

Rough (16-9), Iron Survivor (12-4), and Lockdown (12-4) led Haze to glory, with Lockdown being 9-0 at one point, with Felix (8-7) and Zapata in tow.

Singer (10-10) was the only Pirate to go 1:1, with Mythril, Beam, Kado, and Beast negging.

With that, Haze becomes the official TWDT-D Champions. Congrats!

HOT: Rough (16-9)
    HOT: Iron Survivor (12-4)
    HOT: Lockdown (12-4)

NOT: BEAST (1-10). One of the all-time worst performances in TWDT-D Finals history. Like the oil crash in Venezuela, BEAST singlehandedly accounted for 50% of his team's deficit. And like Venezuelan currency, his 7-Star cost only buys you 1 kill.

Beast has caused 1,000,000% inflation... in the other team's egos.

TWDT-J

Gryffindor vs. Lag & Luck
    50-38
    Round 1

The two best teams in TWDT-J this season faced off, as #1 Gryffindor took on #2 Lag & Luck in the Final.

Paradise (15-7), hungry to capture his first title, exploded in this one, putting in a Herculean performance to lead Commodo (9-3), Okyo, Spezza, and Ogron to the victory.

Ardour (14-10) continued his strong play from the Semi-Finals, but his singular performance was not enough to buoy sub-par scores from Burnt, JAMAL, Trasher, and afghan, as Lag & Luck fell in the first round.

HOT: Paradise (15-7)
    HOT: Commodo (9-3)
    HOT: Ardour (14-10)

NOT: afghan (4-10). Afghan got crushed Round 1, ignominiously benched Round 2, and at that rate I think he would have simply turned into a black hole and collapsed onto himself and exited the universe if there was a Round 3.

The Morty to Trasher's Rick.

Gryffindor vs. Lag & Luck
    50-39
    Round 2

Gryffindor closed out Lag & Luck in straight sets, as Commodo (15-7) beasted the second round, leading Okyo (13-9), Ogron (7-5), Paradise, and Spezza to the win.

Burnt (10-10) and Ardour (10-10) managed to achieve parity, but JAMAL, Trasher, Cripple, and Afghan fell short.

Felicitations to Gryffindor on clinching the TWDT-J title!

HOT: Commodo (15-7)
    HOT: Okyo (13-9)

NOT: Cripple (1-6). Heaven hadn't seen a bust this big since he tabbed out of an Angela White video 17 seconds before the match.

TWDT-B

Haze vs. Win or Die
    15-4
    Round 1

Haze came out of the gate swinging, running Win or Die over and winning by 11 minutes, as Spookedone (24-0) notched the first ace since Mikkiz in 2013, ahead of a monster performance from Hulk (3.1 RPD, 2 Teks) and Willby (3.0 RPD).

WBM (89) and Ra (78) led Poni, Rough, and Lockdown in spider.

For WoD, bitsaver (24-8) terred ahead of Joeses and Nipple, with Skatarius, Cape, Jurassic, Poseidon and Sakke in spider.

HOT: Hulk (3.1 RPD, 2 teks)
    HOT: WBM (89-49)
    HOT: SpookedOne (24-0)

Win or Die vs. Haze
    15-6
    Round 2

With Dreamwin entering the arena, the dynamic of the match changed, and Win or Die looked like the strongest team in TWDT-B once again, and fired back in Round 2 to win by 9 minutes in a complete reversal of fortunes.

In what was perhaps a record, 55 people were tuning into the broadcast of Cripple, Ogron, Heaven, and Best casting the game via Twitch.

bitsaver (29-2) terred with protection from Joe and Nipple (3.0 RPD), with Jurassic (91), Skatarius (89), Dreamwin, Cape, and Unlimited in ship 3.

On the not-so-winning side, Spooky (21-8) terred in front of Hulk and Willby, with Ra, Rough, WBM, Poni, and Lockdown in spid.

HOT: Jurassic (91-57)
    HOT: Nipple (3.0 RPD, 1 tek)
    HOT: Skatarius (89-32)

Haze vs. Win or Die
    15-12
    Round 3

This was an exciting third round Finals, with both teams exchanging leads and a close finish. It looked like Win or Die was the better team, but Haze managed to pull out the W.

Spooky (40-4) terred very well ahead of Hulk (3.0 RPD, 1 Tek) and Willby, while WBM (107) and Ra (95) once again led Rough (95), Lockdown (91), and Poni.

For Win or Die, bitsaver (33-9) terred in front of Joe and Nipple, with Skatarius (119) and Dreamwin (106) dominating in spider ahead of Jurassic (98), Cape/Poseidon, and Unlimited, but to no avail, as they fell late in the round.

Congratulations to Haze on winning the TWDT-B Championship!

HOT: Spooky (40-4)
    HOT: Skatarius (119-52)
    HOT: Hulk (3.0 RPD, 1 tek)

NOT: bitsaver (33-9). bitsaver had a Chernobyl level meltdown, and viewers witnessed one of the biggest chokes of all-time in terr, as the most valuable 8-star baser in the league and regular season MVP in terr completely crumbled under pressure with spider kills even on both sides and everything on the line, costing Win or Die the title.

While a clearly better terr than SpookedOne, bitsaver had almost no league or playoff experience, and it showed. Meanwhile, Spooky had played the TWLB Semi-Finals and the previous TWDT-B Semi-Finals on Spastic and Gladiator, and displayed nerves of steel in the clutch, and that experience and hard work paid off in these finals, as he soundly outplayed bit when it mattered, despite the talent deficit.

I'm hard on SpookedOne, but he really showed out and performed, and earned his medal. Great work!

top 100 basers list

top 100 basers list

Comment

top 100 basers list

Comment

Players of the Week

WB of the Week: Iron Survivor (10-10, 12-8, 12-4)
        Honorable Mention: Kado (16-9), Mythril (15-8), Lockdown (12-4)

Iron peaked at the right time, leading Haze in the Semi-Finals and Finals with solid performances on a good team to clinch the title. Nice work!

Jav of the Week: Commodo (15-5, 9-3)
        Honorable Mention: Paradise (15-7), Okyo (13-9, 11-10), Ardour (14-10, 10-10)

Commodo led Gryffindor in jav all season, and the Finals was no different, as he put in a pair of strong outings to take down Lag & Luck.

Terrier of the Week: SpookedOne

Spooky saved his best for last, acing Round 1 and putting in a 40-4 in Round 3 to cap off a near two year journey of hard work and non-stop practice to become a terrier, and that investment paid off this season. Congrats!

Shark of the Week: Hulk
        Honorable Mention: Willby, Nipple Nibbler

Hulk was the driving engine of Haze's basing team, and the singular force leading them to a championship. Willby played well and was a value pick, but make no mistake, this is Hulk's team. He was hands down the MVP all year for this squad, and this title was a titanic feat.

Spider of the Week: Ra & WBM
        Honorable Mention: Skatarius, Jurassic, Dreamwin

Ra completes one of the best seasons in spider of all-time, winning TWDT-B 2019 Winter, then winning TWLB S22, then winning TWDT-B 2019 Summer, capturing 3 straight basing titles with aplomb. Holy guacamole! What a year!

WBM also had a great season, as he and Ra were desperately needed with Hellkite never showing and taking on a daunting spider line in Win or Die. Dreamwin missing R1 and the odd decision to let Cape sit for others R3 (along with bitsaver's meltdown) helped, but these two nevertheless had their work cut out for them top, and they got it done.

Well done!

Player of the Week: Rough

Rough went 6-10, 11-8, then 16-9 in TWDT-D to capture the warbird title, then performed well leading their underspider unit, going 67-43, 95-62, and 63-32 to clinch his first TWDT-B title, giving Haze the double crown.

Previous Winners:

WB: Casket, Ardour, Burnt, Beam, Singer, Vys/Ra, Iron Survivor/Vys, Racka, Iron Survivor/Beam
        Jav: Zidane, Commodo, Rough, Zidane/Racka, Uprise, Turban/Paradise, Kado/Okyo, Trasher, Commodo/Ardour
        Terrier: SpookedOne, Zizzo/Bitsaver, Bitsaver, Zizzo, Zizzo, Ogron, Trasher, Zizzo, SpookedOne/Bitsaver
        Shark: Hulk/Willby, Morph, JAMAL/Mr. Homo, Joeses/Nipple, Commodo/Markmrw, Hulk, Commodo/Rab, Mythril/Rodney, Hulk
        Spider: Cripple, Skatarius, WBM, Spezza/Jurassic, Cripple/Ra, Cripple, Davy, Skatarius/Henry Saari, Skatarius/Dreamwin
        POTY: Commodo, Trasher, Vys, Mythril, Ogron, Rough, Mythril, Kado, Vys
        Last edited by ogron; 09-16-2019, 03:51 PM.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Hot or Not is now complete. Enjoy!
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Thanks for (all of) the write ups, Ogron. Raises the stakes and interest level in the zone. Keeps people logging in!

GGs Win or Die, great ending to a great season.

Thanks to Rough, for the opportunity to start. Thanks Spooky for all the drops. Thanks hulk for carrying me, and thanks Poni for playing backup shark when we needed him then MVP spider a week later (week 4). Thanks rest of the green ships for the bullets.

Something interesting I noticed about the stats for base. As expected, the winning team had an overall favorable K in the first two matches. In R3, both teams went almost perfectly even (just a 2 kill difference in 27 minutes!), with team kills forcing them both (slightly) neg.

Comment

I would like to say great game to Pirates and Win Or Die for the eventful matches yesterday as they were really competitive and fun to participate in. Good job to Ease running the show, Ogron doing his articles, Wirah/Wingzero adding the platforms and features for us.

I only became TWDT cap so I can actually pick Ogron as my first pick and fuck him but that was not the case since he decided to become a captain as well -- It's okay, I wanted to help the league/zone out anyway so this was not a deal breaker at all.

There were a lot of story lines coming into the season, base was the biggest one for me since it's a league that I find fun (Jav is getting stale, could be lack of competition). The base team was not going to get over 3 wins in the regular season, won't make playoffs, hellkite ghosting. There was a lot of outside chatter about Spook which were negative but I am glad that I kept him on the team & ignored all the comments along with the trade offers...I was honestly the biggest supporter since day 1. I knew if I kept my FA pick, Willby was going to be benched 100% and possibly be traded & that did not sit right with me. Whether Willby performed good or bad, it didn't matter since I wanted him to play in every game and be part of the league...superstars run TWL, we shouldn't run TWDT to an extent. Oh yeah, WillBy was actually that damn good since week 1.

Hulk - The base team was Hulk's team and I tried everything to get him the players he wanted... we didn't need big name players at all. Hulk was definitely the MVP for this team, he really showcased it vs pirates Rodney/Mythril Combo and proved it finals. The best players in each league will have to earn it and go beyond, Hulk did so. I know there are some recording videos out there, please look at these game changing moves he had to do single handily especially in finals. What an amazing run with this guy.

Iron - First pick, incredible warbird who carried us through close games and pushed the tempo for us. He was always a guy I wanted to squad with but never had the opportunity to do so.

Lockdown - Has potential to be very good in every league, ups and downs throughout the season but he pulled through in the finals when we needed him the most in warbird. He was so good in base for us, went beyond expectations and made some big plays for us.

Zapata - He is such an elim rat, so underrated and has been so consistent for us. He was one of the biggest steals in the draft, wish his English was better.

Felix - Such a good guy lol, you can't even be mad at him if he went 3-10 or whatever. He is always positive and wants to do better each time, 6 star MVP / Team WB MVP? Could make the case.

Ixador - Showed up when he could have, played some games for us in warbird and base & did well enough. Never complained at all,always wanted to help the team and always kept loling with his negative recs...guy is so happy.

Ra - Great guy, so humble, such a team player, respectful -- I knew he was the missing piece for us to win base, he is a total class act.

Cuckold - Actually could of gone to finals and win jav if he showed up vs semi's.... the finals were mediocre players besides commodo/trasher

WBM/Rucci - these guys were so class act and were top spiders on the team. WBM just dominating over in every game and did his part in the finals, looking back..such a good underrated spider line.

Poni - Thanks to banks for actually introducing me to him by having him log onto Sundays, he did not get to play much because of the lineup fixtures but when he did play, always did well and never wanted to let the team down. This guy is actually a shark who got thrown into a finals, thrown as a spider, has to do under which undering becomes so uncomfortable at times and did exceptionally well. He had a big finals, big games prior to Sunday.

Willby - Pretty much said it above, Hulk and I trusted him and you showed that you can handle sharking vs TWL tier sharks. A lot of people can say Hulk carried Willby like how Mattey carried Zidane for the past 6 years but there was no carry here...Willby consistently played well enough for the team, his coming out party was vs pirates shark gods and that should say a lot. It helped a lot for him to gain experience sharking with a god.

Spook - I apologize for Hulk's behavior in multiple games in yellow chat, he can really go overboard LOL... So much potential and is learning still, he honestly hung tough for the team. Spook definitely earned this win for the team and deserved it.

I don't think I have seen anyone in the history of this zone get double & triple teamed as much as I did....and still fail at it. So let's give a moment of silence to players below who failed:
              Lupin, Kado, Singer, Destruct, Scurvy, Biet, Tripin, Afghan, Mr. Homo(still love ya), Rozay, Sakke, Poseidon, Spezza, Banks, Terminator 37247864, Kira, Bacon, Vys.

Here are a few names that had to change their underwear multiple times during under vs me: Poseidon, Unlimited, Tripin, Scurvy, Bacon, Kira, Sakke

1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
              1:Zidane> congrats man
              1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
              1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
              1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Thanks for the write ups oggy!

On my side, it sucked to be traded 2x, even back to original team. It changes the mindset somewhat. But pirates started to play well the last couple weeks. Kinda sucked we missed players almost every week... Was a fun twdt and i think it was pretty balanced overall. 5 teams into finals hasn't happened for a long time.. If even..

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
                  Was a fun twdt and i think it was pretty balanced overall. 5 teams into finals hasn't happened for a long time.. If even..
                  Yeah, hasn't happened since 2010.

Great that we've been able to go back to 8 teams, those back-to-back triple crowns with 6 teams were bad for the league.

Having 5 teams reach the Finals kept everyone interested and made it way better.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Good write up og! Very fun league and I learned a lot. Rough maybe you didn?t watch the videos by porkjet, the only one changing his diaper on under was you in this final but hey GG bud and know what? proud how I demolished in under this league going against the best, when I am newer than most in this zone.. win or lose that alone was an accomplishment.

Very negative team win or die was.. it was a mess. If we didn?t have dreamwin leading us in base, we for sure wouldn?t have made it this far to the finals! so a big thanks to dreamwin, and everyone on win or die, as well as all the coordinators for having such a fun league!

Comment

Rough doing work on under spid - this is great news
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Having 5 teams reach the Finals kept everyone interested and made it way better.
                        no it didnt...fuk u!
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                          [CENTER]HOT OR NOT

I'm hard on SpookedOne, but he really showed out and performed, and earned his medal. Great work![/I]
                          I will take full credit as I set up a bot for spooked to practice bursting in private. pun intended.
                          1:waven> u challenge
                          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Top 100 Basers list updated with the current season.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

I know you were just excited to give me a not and it is easy to just pick the lowest rec but my impact was definitely not the cause for the demise of that game. I am not discounting my contribution but our team fell apart overall there. Trasher did not do his usual, we had 3 tk?s, and both Jamal and burnt were out quick leaving us man down. The biggest impact in our loss is not having our core jav with mean gene unfortunately having to work. If he was there, it would not have mattered which 7 star we played and we would have won. Also, just adding that paradise and commodo played extremely well.
                              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Working...
                              X