Poll: Do We Want to Try New Maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Do We Want to Try New Maps?

Do you guys want to try new maps this season?

Examples can be seen at ?go tsljcape, ?go twdtbcape
    Make your voice heard.
    Yes
    45.95%
    No
    40.54%
    Meh
    13.51%
    Last edited by Cape; 07-07-2020, 07:02 PM.

Money is involved, so I say we don't experiment with new maps/settings since it may fault the integrity of a league that Wirah selflessly just put his money on.

I think it's awesome you're trying to spice things up Cape. I'm open to ideas and if the rest of the community wants to experiment I won't put up much of a fight, but my vote is no.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a nerf to the cram, but nothing more than that.

Comment

Thank you for your opinion even if it does not match my own.

I'm of the belief that JAV/WB arenas are broken because you can essentially run and bore the other team to death if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
          Thank you for your opinion even if it does not match my own.

I'm of the belief that JAV/WB arenas are broken because you can essentially run and bore the other team to death if you want.
          Do what you will to the dueling maps. Leave the legendary base map alone though!

Comment

I also support a weakened cram =P

Comment

in direct opposition: I might be in to certain map changes, but probably not if they affect cram - I like the way it is. too easy if anything.. wouldnt be opposed to making it more difficult to break/more difficult to hold.

The Mind of the Father
              Riding on the subtle guiders
              Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
              Of relentless Fire

Comment

i voted no but if the idea is to make the wb/jiflin arinis abit more compact so its hardir to run i wud change vote to yis

Comment

I voted yes, with the reasoning being more action packed games, especially in the wb division. Classic is fine but new brings a new element.

More than the new maps, having walls appear on the wb and jav arena, shrinking them and creating buzz on the late game. Kinda like a battle royale.

In basing, the battle royale effect would not work. Only a different map to either nerf the cram again or more open space fr fights.
                  ​​​

Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                  Your friend,
                  ​​Papi
                  ​​​​​

Comment

My opinion as a player is that running isn't really an issue at all in wb. I'm not qualified to speak on javs and probably won't ever get added to a dtj match but my concern would be if doors spawn and warp somebody into spawn causing a +1, it could impact the game. Even with a warning, I'm sure people would still manage to get either stuck outside of the new battle zone or get warped by the doors.
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

My opinion as a casual WB is that the running exists and its annoying.
                      In jav I just think the game will flow better if we are not chasing players like 24 for 10 mins at the end of every match.
                      No offence just an example of a player who can run 1v3 for an annoyingly long time to produce essentially the same result.

I'd have to check if its possible for the bot to not give +1's..even if it gives +1, not a big deal in regular season.

These maps may address running but they will be something fresh if nothing else.

Comment

Probably not a good idea to change things up for an event with a cash prize.

DT-D: I know I would be more interested in getting into Warbird if there wasn't so much run'n stray players out there.

DT-J: Bad idea to put doors in Javelin arenas, like beam stated the +1 would royally suck, maybe have it give a 10 second warning or something before doors are activated, have it after 10-15 minutes have passed so players know ahead of time when they will go off.

DT-B: I tried the basing map the other day, the tiles in the side tubes are a nightmare if you're in a rush to get up to cram, which is the opposite of what I think you were trying to accomplish. The mid tube ones I have no opinion on yet. The extra mid-base tiles make it really annoying to chase lone mid spiders around they literally go around in circles around them forcing you to send 2 spiders to clear it. I like the bigger cram though, especially when under Spidering, there is more room there to actually push under.
                        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                        (10 seconds later)
                        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Please, remove that map from last twdtd. It's bad, spawn area are terrible and it too fucking small.
                          TWLD 2016 Champion
                          TWDTD champion x 3
                          Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bd32.png
Views:	386
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1345439
                            Last edited by Cape; 07-04-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Cape Just some thoughts from just looking at that screenshot above

- It's nice to see something that isn't grey.
                              - bottom left side of cram entrance, you have a tile different colour from the rest.
                              - cram might be TOO wide just like twlb2 was and nobody liked it.
                              - Is it just me or is the flag area tiny?
                              - top bar isn't symmetrical to the flag or the roof, it could use an extra tile on left side. This will drive some people nutts lol.
                              - undering will be strange without having chair there to bounce off of.
                              - the arrows on left and right walls of flag room, can you fly through them?

What about maybe adding a 3rd ear above flag instead of top bar? this would allow more space for flag area.(This is space maybe on a world some bears ?have 3 ears not two!)
                              Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                              (10 seconds later)
                              rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                              P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X