No announcement yet.

TWDT 21 League Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everything else looks solid. Thanks beam!

Comment

Why the hell is there going to be a resolution cap?
      lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Fucking commies I agree this part sucks, last TWL finals were a joke when you know all that is supposed to encourage not to play too defensive apparently

Comment

updated
          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Think there was a vote about res limit and majority thought there shouldnt be one in TWDT. Keep it that way.
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

sure let's bring it to a vote

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Should implement 0.5 ratings to be very fair and balanced. some of the lower tier players have a radical difference between +/- 1.0 star. I think you could also look at increasing total health to the terrs if you want to boost flagroom battle times without changing the base map.

Comment

I'd like to hear some other people's opinion on the .5 system. I think it's a lot easier to implement in a discord call that a bunch of people throwing ratings in excel. It was just discussed for a while in Thunder chat and everybody besides Steadman seemed to be for the .5 cap "2:Steadman> im firmly against including .5 in the ratings... whoever thought of that was an idiot" but I want to get opinions from a wider range of people before making a decision on this.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                    I'd like to hear some other people's opinion on the .5 system.
                    I think the caps should decide but I think a .5 rating system would be of real benefit. There are a shit ton of players on either side of a cusp.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

i think .5* is very gud thing to try. for eximpil sum1 like pisitin is difinitly not an 8* bisir but pribibly slightly more advinced than a 7* becuz she vs 8000000 bd mitch per day

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                        I'd like to hear some other people's opinion on the .5 system. I think it's a lot easier to implement in a discord call that a bunch of people throwing ratings in excel. It was just discussed for a while in Thunder chat and everybody besides Steadman seemed to be for the .5 cap "2:Steadman> im firmly against including .5 in the ratings... whoever thought of that was an idiot" but I want to get opinions from a wider range of people before making a decision on this.
                        We had the 7.5 rating etc in the past. But it didnt really work cuz the slots raised to 6.5, 7.5, 8.5 as well. Now with a max star cap it could work out way better.
                        But I feel like these ratings are even more subjective than the 6-7-8-9-10 thing. But then again.. Half a star should have less impact on a game than a whole star thats rated 'wrong'
                        ​​​​​

Comment

Some of us have been asking for .5 ratings for a few DT's now.
                          Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                          (10 seconds later)
                          rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                          P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Will borrowing be allowed? If so maybe we could allow all players that are 6* across all 3 leagues be rostered to all teams and not be added to draft?

Comment

Every season there's a point in the draft where caps just don't give a fuck anymore. They'll usually pick the few 7s and 6s they want, then this point is reached. The remaining players are either overrated or bad enough that nobody intends to field them.

I've said before that one way of dealing with it would be:
                              - caps agree they have reached that point
                              - the stars of all remaining players are reduced by 1
                              - caps continue picking

Another way is to simply randomise it.

Another way is to group the players together into packages.

Glyde's idea of a "borrow roster" might also be a good place to put those players. The downside is it gets hard to reward those players with medals, or cash. The upside is it makes the draft faster, and makes it easy to define who is eligible to be borrowed.

Comment

I volunteer to help with WB ratings.
                                TWLD 2016 Champion
                                TWDTD champion x 3
                                Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                                X