Res limit in TWDTD vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zizzo View Post
    The only thing that is more annoying than playing windowed is playing full screen with smaller resolution. If you have been playing years with high resolution and are now forced to play on lower one it's basically impossible because everything is literally moving faster on your screen. It's so annoying It really is so annoying I'll probably just skip the whole league. TWDT is supposed to be just for fun anyway
    You do realize that the res limit is for wb only right? If I remember correctly, that’s your 3rd league behind jav and base.
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

you make it someone's third league when you make them play it with a dick up their arse

Comment

ALLOW URSILFS 2 ADAPT 2 NE RISILITION OR SUK DIK

Comment

Wanting to sit out the league for not being able to play on a cheat res lmao

Comment

there is no cheats here, people shell out money for top of the line pc monitor because they want the best fastest experience.

No one has to adapt to anything, let people play the game its dead af anyways.
            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

1080p ftw.
              2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

interesting how every single person against res cap, and in fact the entire zone and thread, seems to not be taking into account the very important point that the CREATORS OF THE ZONE, THE LEAGUE, THE WB SHIP ... went out of their way to put a cap in place after S4, faced an insane wave of backlsh and nonstop elim-spam for 3 days, were basically hated by every wb in the zone w a good monitor, yet STILL KEPT THE 1280 CAP IN PLACE.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?

maybe if u ppl would TRY IT OUT, ud see.

The Mind of the Father
                Riding on the subtle guiders
                Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                Of relentless Fire

Comment

furthermore the elimspam im referencing was led by one Smod FieryFire... and i was a big part of it too. we fkn despised the cap. all of us did. my lil 14 self had just saved $300 to buy a new monitor to play wbs with big res. yet after a few months, most all of us came around ... and 2 years later u can find me creating a theead lobbying to keep cap in place. i realized it was actually better, like many of us did, until dock disappwared and some rogue league op came and removed it bc every1 complaining to use their big monittor

The Mind of the Father
                  Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
                    furthermore the elimspam im referencing was led by one Smod FieryFire... and i was a big part of it too. we fkn despised the cap. all of us did. my lil 14 self had just saved $300 to buy a new monitor to play wbs with big res. yet after a few months, most all of us came around ... and 2 years later u can find me creating a theead lobbying to keep cap in place. i realized it was actually better, like many of us did, until dock disappwared and some rogue league op came and removed it bc every1 complaining to use their big monittor
                    Man shaaut uppp already

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                      Many top-level players have 2K (or even 4K) monitors in Trench Wars and most of them do not mind playing in windowed mode, myself included.
                      Bit of a technical question that I might be confused on because I've never really had to play around with my resolutions, maybe you can help:

Do you use app scaling when you're on 1920? If I don't I'd be stuck playing at something like a 7 inch by 13inch which is ridiculous, I've never had to play this small for the past 20 years.

I played around with the settings and it looks like I'd have to do 175% app scaling whenever I play ss to enlarge the windowed mode into something that kind of looks like a full screen.

If instead I just go straight to full screen on a lower res my screen doesn't seem to adjust and it doesn't display the bottom and right part of the game, I lose out on the text and radar that aren't even showing and probably more.

Anyway I totally understand how having a bigger res can be seen as an advantage as you can see the whole field and anticipate things a bit more, there might be some tiny disadvantage to it like that there's more distractions to pay attention to and that half the time all the long strays just ends up being tanked because if the shots are fired from too far away some people don't register them and can tank them all? not sure the logic in it but that's an advantage in having a smaller res I guess

My point of view is just that at some point you'll have to keep up with the times
                      Llike how Poseidon is saying that 1280 used to be the norm back in the day
                      And that now the norm is apparently 1920
                      Well at some point the new norm is going to be with the 4K screens, for now you're laughing and saying "haha just adapt" but at some point it's going to have to be subspace that will have to adapt and not the users who struggle to play it under its old settings.

I guess it's just not that time yet, and to me there's better things to do anyway

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post

Man shaaut uppp already
                        sry just trying to make the game more compettiive and fun for everyone. the art of radaring is gone. rushing is gimped when people ahve 2000 res. etc. its a shittier game w big res

Singer ur " new norm" makes the game more shitty, plain and simple.

The Mind of the Father
                        Of relentless Fire

Comment

1920x12000 res cap will be implemented in all twdtd arenas
                          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post

Bit of a technical question that I might be confused on because I've never really had to play around with my resolutions, maybe you can help:

Do you use app scaling when you're on 1920? If I don't I'd be stuck playing at something like a 7 inch by 13inch which is ridiculous, I've never had to play this small for the past 20 years.

I played around with the settings and it looks like I'd have to do 175% app scaling whenever I play ss to enlarge the windowed mode into something that kind of looks like a full screen.

If instead I just go straight to full screen on a lower res my screen doesn't seem to adjust and it doesn't display the bottom and right part of the game, I lose out on the text and radar that aren't even showing and probably more.

Anyway I totally understand how having a bigger res can be seen as an advantage as you can see the whole field and anticipate things a bit more, there might be some tiny disadvantage to it like that there's more distractions to pay attention to and that half the time all the long strays just ends up being tanked because if the shots are fired from too far away some people don't register them and can tank them all? not sure the logic in it but that's an advantage in having a smaller res I guess

My point of view is just that at some point you'll have to keep up with the times
                            Llike how Poseidon is saying that 1280 used to be the norm back in the day
                            And that now the norm is apparently 1920
                            Well at some point the new norm is going to be with the 4K screens, for now you're laughing and saying "haha just adapt" but at some point it's going to have to be subspace that will have to adapt and not the users who struggle to play it under its old settings.

I guess it's just not that time yet, and to me there's better things to do anyway
                            u have a beatiful hand
                            TWLD 2016 Champion
                            TWDTD champion x 3
                            Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

thanks :nice: might start an onlyfans if there's a demand

Comment

1920x1200 or 1920x1080 if you allow one you have to allow the other so both 16:9 and 16:10 players can play This is why it's set to x1200. This is already a really large res for this game. The simple fact is we don't care about your fancy monitors, the game was not built for you to see the entire map all at once and being able to see the entire map is a HUGE advantage, you can just sit back and stray all day, which requires zero skill.

Steroids are banned from most sports, why would you be allowed to have them for your monitor?
                                Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                                (10 seconds later)
                                rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                                P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X