Next League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lock View Post
    Can we get some new Elim seasons going? Seems like an easy way to get people constantly playing
    I'm down with this.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Firstly want to say kudos to beam, Wirah, Willby, Lockdown and the rest of the TWDT team - I think this year the league OP's have been extremely transparent and communicative.

Note: I understand that my ideas won't actually solve the gaps. The objective would be to reduce them.

Gaps with TWL:
      Only 3 or 4 squads are really able to win every year (best case, sometimes its 2) - > lack competition for the other 8 teams
      People who are capable starters elect to sit for another team so they can play with their friends (which is fair, but unnecessary now with the borrow structure) & be winners

League Proposition 1- TWL/TWLM Hybrid:
      Have a salary cap type of league where each player is assigned an amount (much like the stars they have for TWDT- so we already have these ratings) & you're able to choose who you play with. The salary cap would apply to the whole roster, not who's playing. The salary cap amount itself should be flexible enough to ensure people are able to play with who they want to. Have a separate "playing limit" so you can't have 5 10 stars flying around on the same team. Maybe something like 45? Dunno.

Implementation:
      1. Figure out how to assign $ amounts to each player
        • Option 1: utilize a TWLM-like structure
        • Option 2: continue to use TWDT ratings instead of a $ system (10 star = $10). Readjust people's TWDT ratings to reflect what they actually are after seeing another full season
        • Option 3: better suggested way of doing this
      2. Assign the salary caps (roster & playing) based off people's ratings.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaps with TWDT:
      To me, TWDT is supposed to be the league that allows everyone to play. In today's age- we're not going to have new players. What we can have is old players trying new ships, thereby increasing overall activity (which we've already naturally seen). So naturally, the gaps I see are based off a core purpose that may not be shared.

There are capable starters that show every Sunday that just aren't getting playtime. They won't ruin a 5v5 game by dying out fast, or an 8v8 basing game by being completely useless. It's also worth noting that there are players that just won't show after being benched, whether once or 3-4 times in a row. Not many people enjoy sitting in spaceship games in 2020. The solution is to get better, the incentive to get better is playtime.

League proposition 2- TWDT with more teams
      Don't think there's any real reason to fix anything that isn't broken? I'm simply suggesting we improve it. Add 3-6 more teams (cud do the math based off a combination of rosters & overall TWDT stats, or based off convos with captains to find out who they benched throughout the season).

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
        I think the best choice is TWDT followed by TWL.
        I'd probably agree because I reckon with winter coming during covid's second/third+ wave, a lot of people aren't going to have as much to do. It's a great time to get ppl re-engaged with the zone, and I'd really consider another marketing campaign like folks did when covid first started. The cold can b a great motivator 2 stay indoors as a cinidian i must say.

Comment

I like rivers idea, the issue I had with dt is that this current season we saw a lot of better players in the zone not able to play because of star cap... more teams could be the solution since a lot of people are still benching.

Comment

Originally posted by Lock View Post
            Can we get some new Elim seasons going? Seems like an easy way to get people constantly playing
            Just need someone to commit to a bit of planning work and to be willing to do the graphics. Doesn't need to be staff. It's not hard, doesn't need much effort. But we're a community-run project. If nobody's interested the game just fades away. I don't have the time I once did to leap in wherever needed to make up shortfalls. Every time I mention it to staff nobody's interested. So it remains as it is until someone steps up, just as with running leagues. With elim the amount of time needed is quite small, however.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
              Just need someone to commit to a bit of planning work and to be willing to do the graphics. Doesn't need to be staff. It's not hard, doesn't need much effort. But we're a community-run project. If nobody's interested the game just fades away. I don't have the time I once did to leap in wherever needed to make up shortfalls. Every time I mention it to staff nobody's interested. So it remains as it is until someone steps up, just as with running leagues. With elim the amount of time needed is quite small, however.
              Can vouch Banks. Guy is ELITE making graphics.
              TWLD Champion 2014
              TWDTB Champion 2013
              TWDTB Champion 2016
              TWDTB Champion 2017
              TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
              -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

up

next week is finals, what we gonna do next folks?
                TWLD 2016 Champion
                TWDTD champion x 3
                Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Out of these options my vote went to TWL. That is however with a condition that roster limits are super strict.

If I were a dictator with unlimited resources, I would probably go with a short hybrid tournament or 12 team TWDT-like tournament before christmas and begin TWL in January. Or TWDT in Jan followed up by TWL.
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

It's likely too short of a notice to get a proper TWL season running, but perhaps something in the lines of what Dreamwin is suggesting could work. This way we don't have to deal with seasonal breaks during the premier league of our zone.

I am also strongly in favor of strict roster limits, or alternatively we could implement a "salary cap" as an attempt to balance the teams out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                      Out of these options my vote went to TWL. That is however with a condition that roster limits are super strict.

If I were a dictator with unlimited resources, I would probably go with a short hybrid tournament or 12 team TWDT-like tournament before christmas and begin TWL in January. Or TWDT in Jan followed up by TWL.
                      Trench Wars Earned Placement League .. TWEP

In post #20 of this thread I gave an idea for a hybrid tournament that combines a short TSL season that would create an earned placement ladder that would be used to select from to form starter positions for each squad used in a follow up TWD style squad tournament. Squads are decided by a random num generator. No caps involved or needed. No subs allowed. The point is you earn your starting position through TSL format and are then random num generated in groups of 12 (if 12 squads are used) to form the squads. The top finishers play in a fast paced TWD/TWL/TWDT type season. It can be an accelerated season where each team only meets once to create standings on the squad battle part of this league. Do 2 games in each division every Sunday leading to playoff within 4 weeks. The total season would be around 8 or 9 Weeks including the TSL placement portion.

We could use 12 squads too since rosters will not be large using this system. If someone can't show the next player below in stats on a team gets to play. So top 60 wbs and javs play and top 96 basers play and become instant starters.

Check out post #20 for my idea I've already submitted. I feel this idea could be fun and exciting all the way through. It is a total hybrid and you earn your way in. Everyone in the entire zone can play the first 4 weeks(or whatever we decide in length) in the TSL portion and then the "leets" who earned their place play once the TWD squad portion kicks in.

Please consider this idea. Totally open to suggestions too to tweak this too but this I think has real potential. I think this could be VERY cool and exciting for everyone in the zone. People have been wanting a no star cap type league and this would fulfil that need. It is cool too because everyone equally has a chance to earn their spots to play by proving they deserve to join by doing well in the TSL phase.

I've laid out the basic groundwork for a hybrid season right here. I really hope people can consider this idea seriously. What do people think?? Besides ixador lol.. love you ixa but I need more opinions than just yours
                      Last edited by Jessup; 10-19-2020, 11:38 AM.
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

i not read ne postink but cud vs 12 team twdt league that cud last until footbill seasin is ofir n then twl aftir

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                          Besides ixador lol.. love you ixa but I need more opinions than just yours

Comment

I could participate of any leagues tsl or this one jessup is talking about. But making it clear, it shouldn't be the mainly league, it shud happen along with twdt or twl
                            TWLD 2016 Champion
                            TWDTD champion x 3
                            Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Twl or twdt format to pick squads. Scheduled basing on Sunday. Wb and jav are ladder based like twd but split into a 1v1 and 4v4 ladder

Comment

Uncapped TWDT

or

Two tier TWDT (which I detail here.)
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X