TWDT Update - Remaining playoff schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Update - Remaining playoff schedule

There was some bot/server issues during the jav games and the base games had to be cancelled due to how late the games would have been played and the overall state/lag of the server. The base games will be played next week, with DTB quarter and semi finals being played on April 12th.

Semi-finals DTJ

Terrorist vs. Power

Terrorist won round 1 and there were no lag issues at all. The bot died round 2 while Power was winning, the score was 39-37 for Power when the bots died. Round 2 was scrapped due to the bot dying and the game being close. Round 3 was then played with no notable issues with Terrorist winning the round. The lag in round 3 from what I saw was pretty shitty but it was definitely playable. Since Terrorist had two clean wins, they have won 2-0 and will advance to the DTJ finals.

Giants vs. Stray

Stray won round 1. Round 2, the bots died while Giants had a significant lead in the match. Screenshot below shows the score of 48-39 for Giants. This was a 3v1 with only Riverside remaining in the game (and having more than 10 deaths). If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, server lag, bot failure, flag jupe, or any other in-game event has an impact on a game in progress as determined by the referee, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. Based on the below screenshot and from what I have gathered from the people who watched the game, it was over before the issues began. As such round 2 has been ruled a win for Giants.

https://i.gyazo.com/0da0aef8b8f90d90...75f101c6f2.png

I have heard from a lot of people that Steadman had very bad lag during round 2, however the lag limits in DT are very forgiving and he did not lagout a single time. The limits in DT are meant to let the midoents of the world play, whereas TWL lag limits are much stricter.

Round 3 was played and Giants won the round, there were no issues with lag this round according to most players. As such Giants have won 2-1 and advance to the DTJ finals.

Schedule for April 12th

TWDT-B Quarter-Finals - 2:00 PM EST

TWDT-B Semi-Finals - 3:00 PM EST

QF 1: Giants vs. Spider. Giants starts up 1-0 in a best of three.

QF 2: Stray vs. Treyway. Stray starts up 1-0 in a best of three.

DTB Semi-finals

Terrorist vs. lowest seed QF winner

Power vs. highest seed QF winner

TBD

All three finals finals will be played the following week on April 19th.

DTD Finals

Treyway vs. Spider. Best of three match.

DTJ Finals

Terrorist vs. Giants. Best of three match.

DTB Finals

TBD

Originally posted by zidane View Post
    Round 3 was played and Giants won the round, there were no issues with lag this round according to most players.

??????
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Thank you for ultimately making the fair and correct decision
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Dude I died and lagged out round 2 for -2 deaths in round 2 of stray vs treyway.

Can someone post the replay of that game?

If lag affects the outcome of the game should the round not be replayed?

You're scrapping a 'lag round for round 2' for one game but not for the other - the decision should be universal.

Comment

Disagree on Terrorist v Power. That "clean round 3" was a complete joke off the back off the lagged round 2. Had the lag not happened we'd be going into the third round 1-1 with momentum. 50% chance of winning round 3 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by yoast View Post
            Dude I died and lagged out round 2 for -2 deaths in round 2 of stray vs treyway.

Can someone post the replay of that game?

If lag affects the outcome of the game should the round not be replayed?

You're scrapping a 'lag round for round 2' for one game but not for the other - the decision should be universal.
            I saw what happened to you.

You had an instant respawn glitch (it's extremely rare) where you spawned back where you died, and moments later you died again and disconnected after the death. This was seen by many players including your team mate Riverside. This is exactly when the bot died for the first time, and the score was 45-35 at this point. You essentially got three deaths (two legitimate ones + one from disconnecting) in a span of about 15 seconds, and Ease died shortly after that with 8-10 score.

Bot was not responsive for roughly a minute, but then it refreshed the scores and removed Ease (with 8-10 score, but he got 3 kills after his supposed elimination) and you from the game. The score at this point was 48-39 with only Riverside alive on your side. It is safe to say the round was over before the bot died the first time.

However I feel all three rounds were complete bullshit. I was for replaying all three games. First round we got screwed over hard as we had no substitutes left for Ra who was having screen lag related problems as we had done a double substitute at around 2:30 mark removing both Rucci and Steadman from the game.

I'm not happy with how the series played out at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post

You had an instant respawn glitch (it's extremely rare) where you spawned back where you died, and moments later you died again and disconnected after the death. This was seen by many players including your team mate Riverside. This is exactly when the bot died for the first time, and the score was 45-35 at this point. You essentially got three deaths (two legitimate ones + one from disconnecting) in a span of about 15 seconds, and Ease died shortly after that with 8-10 score.

Bot was not responsive for roughly a minute, but then it refreshed the scores and removed Ease (with 8-10 score, but he got 3 kills after his supposed elimination) and you from the game. The score at this point was 48-39 with only Riverside alive on your side. It is safe to say the round was over before the bot died the first time.

However I feel all three rounds were complete bullshit. I was for replaying all three games. First round we got screwed over hard as we had no substitutes left for Ra who was having screen lag related problems as we had done a double substitute at around 2:30 mark removing both Rucci and Steadman from the game.

Thanks turban - Yeah I have never seen that instant respawn glitch ever in my 17 years on and off of playing this game. I've seen the lag era, the lag manipulation era, the euro lag era, the aimbot era and everything in between lol.

I was floating in the base.

On my screen prior to the first mean gene kill im still alive, then the 'killed by mg shows up' im still floating in base, thus I esq+q.

If both teams agree to some sort of remedy for this I think that should be considered.

I just play this game for fun - but you got to have some form of merit when it comes to fair outcomes.

Comment

Good decision making, Zid. It’s all unfortunate that this happens but there isn’t much else you can do about it. As much as I wish Power was in the finals it makes sense that Terrorist advances. Lag happens.
                Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
                Rasaq> err moral

Comment

Rab pretty much sums up my initial feelings on the situation but I should have taken time to think about it before mentioning the games at all. once the games were played there was pretty much no going back

Turban i get you want to seem politically correct after the fact but you definitely did not tell me that the games should be replayed lol... you may be "fine" with replaying them all after a decision has been made but lets not pretend that's what you or your squad thought was fair

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post

Dunno about round one yea. Cuz from our point of view it was fine, as I think round 3 was fine from giants point. The second round was beyond stupud. Not just this bot issue, but the whole lag in the arena... With steadman having the main role. Spiking through walls, eating bombs like they dont exsist but your teammates die cuz of it... In general the lag was really bad yesterday and I think it was a good decision to postpone the rest.

Zidane asked my opinion about what happened and I felt like our game should have been replayed at 1-1.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                      Rab pretty much sums up my initial feelings on the situation but I should have taken time to think about it before mentioning the games at all. once the games were played there was pretty much no going back

Turban i get you want to seem politically correct after the fact but you definitely did not tell me that the games should be replayed lol... you may be "fine" with replaying them all after a decision has been made but lets not pretend that's what you or your squad thought was fair
                      His squad was ready to quit the game... So yea Turban is being politically correct..

Comment

I have logs from the conversation we had when you asked me to come to the private arena, and to take some quotes from there ..

Code:
                        T             zidane> most likely going to be one final round replayed
                        T             turban> only round that was actually legit was round 3, but harder got hunted out and riverside played bad (as did jack) so its obv annoying.
                        T             turban> in the end
                        T             zidane> is one round replay somewhat fair to both?
                        T             turban> i don't rly want to replay at all, my team is super emo as we were favored but idc too much in the end.
                        T             zidane> obviously gonna be impossible to please every1
                        T             turban> think we lost 2 ppl either way LOL
                        T             turban> fking emo bois
                        T             zidane> stead and mG?
                        T             turban> ye
                        this is very early on in the conversation, and I was reluctant to have a replay because my entire team was being completely emo. Mean Gene already fucking proclaimed that he's uninstalling or something ridiculous while Steadman kept privately messaging me that he won't show for a replay like the pussy he is. I was still annoyed about the whole match.

Code:
                        T             turban> dno hard call. i think rounds 1/2 were bullshit in some way or another, round 3 was legit, but starting 1-0 lead seems too harsh too.
                        T             turban> 1-1 seems bullshit as well because we technically won 2 rounds while they got a weird win
                        T             turban> so either full replay or 1-0 lead seems like the way to go
                        T             turban> if we going replay paths
                        Later on explaining my view on the situation in regards to replay being considered.

Code:
                        T             turban> i'm gna be honest and say if there was a league op/moderator, he would've asked stead to be subbed for sure.
                        T             turban> same with riverside
                        T             zidane> jesus lol
                        T             turban> guess the option is either 1) full replay (a lot of ppl will be upset, but starting 1-1 in best of 1 series is even more questionable), or 1-0 lead to Giants but that'll make most of the ppl on Stray mad
                        T             turban> shit sux anyway
                        T             turban> 3rd option is to give us the win, drama prob dies out quickest that way but would feel shit as the series was awful anyway
                        .. and to close it off, I gave my opinion on three different options that are available in order of importance.

Code:
                        T             turban> hf with decision, lmk if you want more info.
                        T             turban> ppl gna be pissed no matter what
                        T             turban> i don't personally care either way whether its a full replay or not, but i have a lot of mentally unstable players on my team who will be pissed to death
                        T             turban> will be gr8
                        .. and this was right before I left the arena to play a TWBD match.

Comment

I've been calling Zidane an idiot, and other stuff, but I'm wrong and glad to. Undoubtedly the right choice. Also I played some pub/elim after and it was way more laggy than usual so I think the report of base was indeed the good choice. I appeared in the middle of last Stray game they lost and yes I can tell Giants were eating like I have never seen before, crazy. Mostly Steadman and Mean Gene, not telling they did on purpose as the game is lagging as hell, but the amount of eats they get on a short period was crazy.

So my apologize for having said shit, should have talked after the official statement, it's been handled good.

Comment

I don’t understand why none of the strayed players who actually played in the series were asked about rounds 2 and 3 specifically. No one ever approached me about it since it affected me the most of any player.

turban, steadman, rucci each caught 2fers which they did not die. Steadman also caught a 3fer which yet he did not die again. Steadman twice went through a wall and shot, no he was not cheating at all but it was definitely the server. Strayed definitely got the short end and it wasn’t fair to them either. I must of had close to ten people in spectator chat pm me going wild on those 2fers and 3fer, it was unexplainable. I do find it funny that mean gene was going to uninstall this game though as the guy was sweating hunting harder out that pussy.

I’m not complaining at all or asking for an reversal, the way this was handled wasn’t right. Seems like a decision was made due to the fact that giants would not participate in the replay nor play their basing match this Sunday.
                            1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                            1:Zidane> congrats man
                            1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                            1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                            1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

OH YEA great decision Zidane.
                              1:waven> u challenge
                              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X