TWDTB semifinal predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDTB semifinal predictions

In base, ogron chose R1p1t1! as their semifinal opponent, while Kobe gets to play Nightmare.
    [B]Gryffindor [/B](5 wins in main season) vs [B]R1p1t1! [/B](4 wins in main season 2-0 in quarters)
    Gryffindor ended the main season with a high, defeating R1p1t1!, so maybe this is one of the reasons they chose that team in semis as well. Ogrons team is built upon strong terrier and spiders, while sharks rozay, omega red and jackie are probably the worst out of all teams remaining in competition. It hasnt stopped them, as absurd, brethal, renzi and hellkite have been on fire and dominating top, while rasaq, merc, snoopie and tiny performed well as lower star spiders. In draft league, having a bit weaker shark line is not end of world, as long as terrier stays alive and spiders dominate, renzi leading teks among spiders this seasons shows they are constant threat.
    R1p1t1! has also 10* terrier in mikkiz, but more experienced sharks in willby and violence. They also possess great firepower in bacon, jurassic and jack, who dominated in quarters, followed by lower star unders of jz, bugy or PA. So overall team without any weaknesses and probably a bit underrated under spiders. So comparing 2 teams, i would give advantage of sharks to rapid, terrier probably to gryffindor, with spiders, over spiders seem stronger for gryffindor, while under stronger for rapid. So really equal teams, games will be tight and last second defense may decide it. So here i am giving my vote for gryffindor, i think for those deciding moments, their lineup will prevail.
    [B]My prediction: Gryffindor will win 2-1[/B]
    [B]Kobe [/B](4 wins in main season) vs [B]Nightmare [/B](3 wins + 1 win and forfeited game)
    Kobes turn of tide in last main season game is the biggest comeback game ive played in tw. So obviously mood is high in our camp. With Ekko doing some crazy shit in terr, zid and zap being nicely balanced shark duo and sarger/mouse doing some real damage as over and hellz, best, kov, tripin, kov, myself being rotated for rest of spiders, we can held our own against any team. Kobe faced nightmare in first round of league, but alot has changed since then. Most importantly, mouse actually played for nightmare in beginning of the league, so time will tell, who will pull the longest straw in this trade.
    Nightmare got a bit lucky in quarters, as they had to face seriously demoralized outlaw team without their leaders and after winning first game quickly, were forfeited the other one. So they really got sort of free pass to semis. They havent been really that impressive all season, and apart from that lucky pass to semis, their last win against team not named outlaw comes from week 2, when they still had mouse. Unlike other teams, they also do not seem to have all position settled even now. Time will tell if they actually play lai as terrier in order to field really strong spider and shark line or try some other solutions. Using 7* terrier in semis is big risk, but neither genx or aprix have been particulary impressive in that role either. Apart from myth, their sharks keep changing as well, with 5 different players being used in that role. So alltogether, probably team with most flexibility, but at this stage, well oiled team will take the win.
    [B]My prediction: Kobe wins 2-0[/B]
    Gryffindor wins vs R1p1t1!
    71.43%
    R1p1t1! wins vs Gryffindor
    28.57%
    Kobe wins vs Nightmare
    85.71%
    Nightmare wins vs Kobe
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

great write-ups this season [USER="85482"]LeeRomeno[/USER],

thank you for the content, very much appreciated!
    top 100 basers list

Comment

no idea who's winning either game tbh

Comment

Great write up Lee. Agreed with Rab, all 4 teams look very strong!
        absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

[QUOTE=LeeRomeno;n1362263] Using 7* terrier in semis is big risk, but neither genx or aprix have been particulary impressive in that role either.[B]My prediction: Kobe wins 2-0[/B][/QUOTE]

I MVP'd the only finals I ever played in terr with 5 teks, suck a bag of dicks! Also I have different lines in mind for any of our terrs to start, just in case.

Now that my ego feels better, the games:

For starters it was great for us to beat [USER="4961"]MousE[/USER]. Really toxic player for no reason just lost vs the team he was toxic against. You're a piece of shit, enjoy Cancun. We lose with mouse, win with rab. Rab better than mouse confirmed.

It felt like best's inexperience in base really shined through here with his odd choice of line/line changes. I'm not sure if maybe they didn't have everyone show up or what (We were busy scrambling to actually get an 8th lol), but he should never have subbed out Zidane for Ekko. I might pick on Ekko sometimes but honestly Best should have started Ekko in over himself in terr. I really would like to single out Sarger here, his rec might not show up but there were times there where it looked like he was going to solo our entire team, he was a beast! My team mates played exceptionally well here as the underdogs, and I am very excited to be heading into 2 finals as only my second time capping.

In the other basing match, I did get a chance to see round 3 (and record it! I uploaded it to the recordings thread) this was an exciting match to watch as rapid made a very strong comeback and almost won from a huge deficit. Huge effort from mikkiz and friends. We'll be on the same team together one of these days [USER="4250"]Mikki<[/USER] !

P.S. keep the predictions coming!
          Last edited by RageRitual; 12-04-2022, 11:03 PM.
          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

the issue was that not a single one of our 7* (or lower) players showed so we couldn't play what we wanted/had played all season. literally the only way to get Ekko in the game was to bench one of myself/sarg/mouse. game was a mess from the start because of that, then things got worse quickly when we didnt have a 2nd shark for the first two mins of rd 1. we obviously wanted to ekko in terr and that was the plan, people just no showed. nightmare looked really good though, gl in finals should be a good one.

Comment

[QUOTE=RageRitual;n1362419]

I MVP'd the only finals I ever played in terr with 5 teks, suck a bag of dicks! Also I have different lines in mind for any of our terrs to start, just in case.

Now that my ego feels better, the games:

For starters it was great for us to beat [USER="4961"]MousE[/USER]. Really toxic player for no reason just lost vs the team he was toxic against. You're a piece of shit, enjoy Cancun. We lose with mouse, win with rab. Rab better than mouse confirmed.

It felt like best's inexperience in base really shined through here with his odd choice of line/line changes. I'm not sure if maybe they didn't have everyone show up or what (We were busy scrambling to actually get an 8th lol), but he should never have subbed out Zidane for Ekko. I might pick on Ekko sometimes but honestly Best should have started Ekko in over himself in terr. I really would like to single out Sarger here, his rec might not show up but there were times there where it looked like he was going to solo our entire team, he was a beast! My team mates played exceptionally well here as the underdogs, and I am very excited to be heading into 2 finals as only my second time capping.

In the other basing match, I did get a chance to see round 3 (and record it! I uploaded it to the recordings thread) this was an exciting match to watch as rapid made a very strong comeback and almost won from a huge deficit. Huge effort from mikkiz and friends. We'll be on the same team together one of these days [USER="4250"]Mikki<[/USER] !

P.S. keep the predictions coming![/QUOTE]

As zidane already mentioned, our lineup really depends on some low vp 7* or lower showing up. That way we can field ekko in terr, mouse/sarger in spider and zid in shark and fill rest of the spots with rest. Over the course of league, the activity of those (we have quite a few in roster - kov, spirit, jessup, rampage, bike etc) has dropped significantly and unfortunately we came to situation where we had to sacrifice one of those. On top of that both our low vp sharks (river/zap) were afk in beginning of game, causing the regular drama. We tried with both ekko in bench and best replacing him as terr as well as zid in spec with zap/river sharks, but it never really clicked.
              You played well though, so even with kov or someone else present, it would have been very tough match and gone either way. GL in finals.

Glad to see my other prediction being correct. GL in finals for both teams, will be fun games.

Comment

The series btwn Kobe and Nightmare would have been closer if we could have fielded the line we were comfortable with, & it was a tough call to decide what line to play given options available. Best did well enough in terr round 1 even though we started a man down, we still got 9 minutes. Second round we could have tried a different line but it's tough to make those calls in the moment.

This draft basing season was a wild ride with Mouse, zidane, Best, Riverside & I flooding yellow chat with insults and varying amounts of positivity and encouragement. The amount of chaos in 75% of our games definitely kept the season entertaining and we somehow slid into playoffs with one of the top seeds for basing despite getting a L due to a dumb ass flag jupe.

Even if we had our best line Nightmare is a really strong team and Lai was playing much above her 7* rating, she has been watching games and practicing a ton and it shows. Kassius is also battting above his 7* star level. Props to Rage for smart drafting and ship choice strategy, he did good this season. Congrats to them all for making finals.

Given Rages ability to play all 3 basing ships competently enough to make changes to his line as needed, this is gonna be a tough finals for Ogron/Gryffindor.
                Last edited by Ekk0; 12-06-2022, 03:11 AM.
                absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

Working...
                X