TWDT finals predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT finals predictions

OMG everyone, the longest league I have ever been part of is finally at its closing stages. Just 2 more weeks and on 18th of December, we will finally have our winners. So exactly 3 months after first games, we will witness those excellent teams matching up:
    [B]TWDTD[/B]
    [U]Nightmare vs Gryffindor[/U]
    [B]Nightmare [/B]comes to finals as massive favorite, they have not lost a single game in wb since first round of league 3 months ago, going on very impressive run and beating everyone. Guess who did they lose that first match of season to? Yes, to make things spicy, it was their finals opponent Gryffindor. Of course a lot has changed since first round. Nightmare managed to secure Steadman from free agency and have not looked back ever since. Probably most underrated wb in Kassius accompanied by Steadman, Mythril, cripple and GenX looks pretty unstoppable at the moment. Apart from 1 game (against terrorist) they have also beaten all their opponents with 10+ scoreline. Great teamwork and no weak links, nightmare is looking strong.
    [B]Gryffindor [/B]definitely deserves to be in final as well. Probably second best wb team in league, they have relied on strategy of using no low vps and no 9+ wbs entire season. Vs most teams it has worked fine. Rapid was similar built team and although losing 1 game in quarterfinals, their players brought the goods. One big value in having no low stars is players ability to survive and not die out, which was very visible in last game of quarterfinals with both absurd and ogron surviving on 9. They also have decent enough subs to replace if someone is not having a good day, with renzi being subbed by rasaq in SFs.
    Considering all that, I still see Nightmare as clear favorite. With Kassius being more 8*+ player and genx, even on bad day, being able to survive, Nightmare is a different beast and their 10 stars are bound to cause big problems.
    [B]Prediction: Nightmare wins 2-0

TWDTJ[/B]
    [U]Kobe vs Gryffindor. [/U]
    [B]Kobes [/B]season success now only relies on their performance in jav. Probably always our strongest side, we gave Rapid really no hope in semis. Unlike in base, our jav lineup is all very active and over course of season has also improved gameplay quite a bit. With best, zidane and hellzno! accompanied by either riverside/tripin/rampage and sarger/lee, we also have some variety in subs and possibility for different team setups. With this being our only match during finals, expect big effort from everyone bringing in the goods.
    [B]Gryffindor [/B]is only team in finals with hopes of triple crown by the end of season. But it will be not an easy task for them, as I see both Nightmare in wb and Kobe in jav being favorites. They have used 2 types of lineups, first one using 4 8.5*+ stars and low star ogron or using 2 7.5*s alongside top players. Tiny has been in good shape for them, kado, hellkite, kim are all experienced javers who know what they are doing, so definitely a very solid lineup. Just like Kobe, gryffindor also does not really have a clear starting lineup, so we can expect pretty interesting games with loads of possibilities in subs.
    Considering this is final and in finals the really top stars usually bring their best performance i have hopes of zid/best combo being the final deciders. But games will be close, so
    [B]Prediction: Kobe wins 2-1[/B]

[B]TWDTB[/B]
    [U]Nightmare vs Gryffindor[/U]
    [B]Nightmare [/B]surprised most of zone by taking down Kobe with roster issues without any big problems. Lai has practiced terrier quite a bit and she is getting better, which will be huge for Nightmare, as they are now able to play their superstrong spider lineup of steadman, rucci, cripple, kassius and tpz with multishipper genx and myth leading sharks. Still 7* terrier will be always their weakness, so how Lai manages to avoid random deaths, while facing one of the best terriers in tw of recent times may be key in deciding this final.
    [B]Gryffindor [/B]has had a good season, so i would maybe consider them as a slight favorite to win, but it is really close. Ogron as 10* in terrier is definitely valuable asset, but gryffindor has to compensate that with rather weak shark duo. Their spider line of renzi, tiny, hellkite, absurd and rasaq is very strong and probably a match for nightmare. So it comes down to if gryffindor spiders can abuse Lai or if nightmare spiders can take advantage of rather weak sharks gryffindor has.
    This is really most difficult outcome to predict, it can go both ways really, but I am gonna go out and say Gryffindor will win this league, so each of the 3 teams involved in finals will get 1 title.
    [B]Prediction: Gryffindor wins 2-1[/B]
    TWDTD - Nightmare wins vs Gryffindor
    66.67%
    TWDTD - Gryffindor wins vs Nightmare
    16.67%
    TWDTJ - Kobe wins vs Gryffindor
    66.67%
    TWDTJ - Gryffindor wins vs Kobe
    25.00%
    TWDTB - Nightmare wins vs Gryffindor
    25.00%
    TWDTB - Gryffindor wins vs Nightmare
    58.33%

The poll is expired.

LEE

Ty 4 this

Comment

Can't wait to play twl finals with zid, after that, going to take giant dook on him.
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

love the confidence! glad twl finals is before DT so you're not too demoralized after taking a fat L

Comment

[USER="85482"]LeeRomeno[/USER] Awesome write-ups, thanks again for the content!

One note: I agree Nightmare are the favorites in TWDT-D, but how are we not the favorites in TWDT-J? LOL

We've been undefeated for three months...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/E1OPfqp.png"}[/IMG2]
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Predicting that [USER="16435"]Riverside[/USER] will end up walking his dog before the game again!

Comment

[QUOTE=ogron;n1362437][USER="85482"]LeeRomeno[/USER] Awesome write-ups, thanks again for the content!

One note: I agree Nightmare are the favorites in TWDT-D, but how are we not the favorites in TWDT-J? LOL

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/E1OPfqp.png"}[/IMG2][/QUOTE]

Lol you are, but can't really go against my team, last time I did that, got crap about it on chat and there is enough of that already.

Comment

Thanks for the writeups this season [USER="40068"]Lee[/USER].
                rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                rEnZi> its crazy
                rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

[QUOTE=ogron;n1362437][USER="85482"]LeeRomeno[/USER] Awesome write-ups, thanks again for the content!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/E1OPfqp.png"}[/IMG2][/QUOTE]

We were also playing 38.5 stars in our only loss.

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Lee, you the man for writing these all season! I have enjoyed reading them. I agree with the winner predictions for all.

Nightmare for DTD
                    Kobe for DTJ
                    Gryfindor for DTB

I think Nightmare could pull an upset in basing but i'm voting Gryf.
                    absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

Lets see what MMR predicts, here is how it looks like for potential starters for both wb and jav:
                      [B]WB[/B]

[U]Nightmare (av 3654)[/U]
                      Steadman (4385)
                      Mythril (4146)
                      Kassius (3104)
                      Cripple (N/A)
                      Genx (2978)

[U]Gryffindor (av 3487)[/U]
                      Clark Kentaro (3426)
                      Tiny (3286)
                      Rasaq (3075)
                      Absurd (4043)
                      Ogron (3606)

As cripple is not playing MMR, his rating cannot be counted, he probably would have around 33-3400 points realistically, so i think that MMR ratings also prove Nightmare to be favorite here, but not by much.

[B]JAV[/B]

[U]Kobe (av 3744)[/U]
                      Best (3852)
                      Zidane (4006)
                      Riverside (3933)
                      Hellzno! (3614)
                      Sarger (3317)

[U]Gryffindor (av 3561)[/U]
                      hellkite (3682)
                      tiny (3951)
                      kado (2907)
                      kim (4277)
                      ogron (2988)

So the winning rosters from semifinal games actually show Kobes Jav line being favored by MMR ratings.
                      [I]"Hey Lee, but Gryffindor also uses lineup that features renzi (3506) and absurd (3788)"[/I] some may say, instead of Kim and kado. No big difference though, as its average would be 3583. Rasaq, who has been also used, even lower in mmr ratings.
                      So there you go MMR (with todays ratings) predicts Nightmare and Kobe to win.

Comment

M M R

Comment

Lol @ Kado's Jav MMR....

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Assuming Kado doesnt play any MMR and that rating is a joke, which it is, id give kado a conservative 3700, making our average 3739, which would lead me to believe this is pretty balanced game. I'm very excited! HYPE

Ty for content Lee.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

[QUOTE=Tiny;n1362461]Assuming Kado doesnt play any MMR and that rating is a joke, which it is, id give kado a conservative 3700, making our average 3739, which would lead me to believe this is pretty balanced game. I'm very excited! HYPE

Ty for content Lee.[/QUOTE]

He does play mmr, he has 50 games in jav.

Comment

Working...
                              X