TWDT Draft Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beam View Post

This would make sense if there wasn't a star cap and there wasn't a snake draft. 8 out of 10 captains this season would be drafted in the first 2 rounds if they were part of the pool with the exception of violence (just won dtd and dtb as cap) and Flew (won dtj 2 seasons ago as cap). RaCka got the #1 pick last season and selected Turban which on paper looks extraordinary having 2 elite 10* players who are arguably the #1 wb and the #1 jav in the game but they didnt even make the playoffs. A captain's success in the current format is much more about how successful of a draft strategy they can come up with than what their star value is. I think your opinion would be more valid if any of the caps were unplayable like Ixador or Honcho for example but these guys are all quality players who are solid value at their respective ratings.
    Using recent examples for a league that has run 20+ times doesn't negate its point- it demonstrates recency bias. My point also has to do with ensuring there's competition throughout- not just who wins the league.

A more factual way to see that, as opposed to last years winner, would be season & playoffs record of captains who have lower star cap ratings, and had the second half of draft picks in a snake draft, over the past few draft leagues (relative to higher rated caps season %).

I wish you all the best with how you and your team handle the rest of the league. Its voluntarily done and a lot of people appreciate it.
    Last edited by Riverside; 01-20-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

my squidrins combined recirds of my 3 seasins as twdt ciptin are like 150-10 ofirill n b4 my first seasin othir girpigi ciptins n playirs such as hilk n othir j1br1n1s were sayink am 2 much of a sh1tb1x playir 2 b ciptin becuz my team cud b @ disidvintigi instead of riciginizink me beink an 8* shirk is the most unfair thing in histiry of cintinim and i cud sh1tk1ck ne1 in wirbirt or jiflin aswill netime i wish 2 vs .01 effirt

that beink said if u think beink a liwir * ciptin is a disidvintigi i agree w/ rifir u could go by ciptins * ratinks and let the lowist * totil ciptin pick wut draft spot they wish for

for exampil i am the lowist * ciptin, i cud silict wut pisition i drift from, then flew choosis aftir me, then jirrisic etc

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
        my squidrins combined recirds of my 3 seasins as twdt ciptin are like 150-10 ofirill n b4 my first seasin othir girpigi ciptins n playirs such as hilk n othir j1br1n1s were sayink am 2 much of a sh1tb1x playir 2 b ciptin becuz my team cud b @ disidvintigi instead of riciginizink me beink an 8* shirk is the most unfair thing in histiry of cintinim and i cud sh1tk1ck ne1 in wirbirt or jiflin aswill netime i wish 2 vs .01 effirt

that beink said if u think beink a liwir * ciptin is a disidvintigi i agree w/ rifir u could go by ciptins * ratinks and let the lowist * totil ciptin pick wut draft spot they wish for

for exampil i am the lowist * ciptin, i cud silict wut pisition i drift from, then flew choosis aftir me, then jirrisic etc
        Your first season i dont remember you winning much. Besides, I've seen recent seasons where teams (not yours) are ranked lower and dont end up playing it out to end the season. I've been guilty of it myself when I've been inactive; sometimes its harder to show when you're losing if you're already uncertain about showing. I commend your teams, and other teams, for not doing this.

Because you just won last year (im okay with using recency bias this way, defend ur crown big boy), perhaps you shouldnt get the first pick. Or in an alternative league setup, you shouldn't get to choose what draft pick you want first (based off your *). In theory: its not supposed to matter too much in this instance (first versus second or third). Its a snake draft, as beam highlighted (heh).

To make it objective: for this specific draft process, you can increase each cap who won a league last year by 0.5* in each league that they won the season right before (NOT for when they play, only for this process).
        Last edited by Riverside; 01-20-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

my first seasin was the $ seasin n we won bisink n had bist ofirill recird in rigilir seasin, gj though

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
            my first seasin was the $ seasin n we won bisink n had bist ofirill recird in rigilir seasin, gj though
            m proud of u bbg

Comment

you had third best regular season overall that year violence, but ye you are pretty good captain when there's people you can swindle with trade offers.

Comment

i wasnt 100% sure when i said we had b1st rigilir seasin recird that seasin all i kniw is we stirtid like 2-8 n then nefir lostid ne mitch n it was my 1st time efir participatink in twdt so i vsd many silictions n stritigies i regret in the dr1ft but was still abil 2 make sum very beneficial trades becuz efery othir ciptin in trinch wirs othir than mysilf has a$$b1rk1rs

Comment

i repeatedly said no to capping, and to my knowledge have never been listed on chat as part of the confirmed caps.

1:RaCka> 1me - 2zid - 3dreamwin - 4saiyan - 5violence - 6flew - 7skatarius - 8renzi - 9turban - no 10th
                  1:RaCka> me zidane dreamwin saiyan violence flew skatarius turban - need two more

the latest artwork i created and posted to TWDT half a week ago where I put up the 9 confirmed caps (plus steadman as a placeholder):

racka - zidane - dreamwin - saiyan - violence - flew - skatarius - renzi - turban - steadman

i told heaven 7pm EST three days ago, which racka confirmed, then reiterated it several hours before the lotto draft. suddenly, i hear "ogron 10th pick" 45 minutes ahead of the draft while I'm stuck in a BD terring, unaware of what's happening.

i've capped TWDT 5x and won 4x without ever having a Top 5 pick, the notion i would pull out because i got a late pick is beyond absurd.

i didn't run the lottery, was not present, didn't know the caps listed, and was not involved in the re-do.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                  X