Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDTD Draft Review

TWDTD Draft Review

Welcome to Lockdown's 2022 TWDTD Draft Review!! With a prize pool of $4000, courtesy of Wirah and Dad (not ease), we can expect this season to the most hype season to date. All these rating and lines are just gut feelings that I had when looking at all the available players for each team. Some of these lines may not work due to showrate or toxicity within the team so please take them with a grain of salt.

My first impressions are that there is only one truly awful team (you know who you are). The rest of the teams can certainly compete and put some wins on the board for their captains. Now that the star cap has been increased to 42*, every team will be stronger than what we have seen in the past. This could lead to some very interesting lineups such as Sh1t K1ck1rs not having any wb below 8 stars. The top heavy lines get stronger due to not having to play a 6* in most cases.

Below are the projected lineups and grades that I am giving each team. They are probably wrong, but oh well, shut the heck up.

Malevolent (42)

Grade: B

Starters: Turban (9.5) | Dak (9) | Spezza (8.5) | Bombed (8) | Azuline (7)
    Backups: Spartan (8) | WBM (7)

Most of this team plays more of a lob game which can be very effective in the TWDTD format. Turban has shown that he can put up huge numbers and Dak provides lots of consistency in the midrange. One glaring question mark is how they will survive without Spezza for the first two weeks of the season. They have a capable backup in Spartan but that may not be enough firepower to beat some of the decent or better teams. Bombed has the ability to punch above his weight at the 8* spot so this team could be surprisingly difficult to defeat if their top line can show the most games.

Snake Charmer (40.5) (Yikes)

Grade: F-

Starters: Steadman (9) | Jack (8) | a2m (8) | Warrior (8) | Rojo (7.5)
    Backups: Banks (7.5) | J-B-Inc (7.5)

Not really sure what to say here. Skatarius not only drafted the absolute worst TWDTD team I have ever seen, but also somehow did not draft any viable backups in case of no-shows.
    Steadman is one of the better 9* wbs, but two of the three 8*s in this lineup are very weak (a2m/Jack). They will need to look to make a trade if they want to compete at even the lowest levels of this league. I don't see them winning any games unless they play against some undermanned lines. Really bad team. Very awful.

Power (42)

Grade: C+

Starters: Siaxis (9) | Ogron (8.5) | Riverside (8.5) | Zidane (8) | Pineapple Express (8)
    Backups: jz (7.5) | Sarger (7.5)

On paper, this is one of the shittier teams in the league this season. Siaxis is nice at 9* but I don't think the ZU can handle leading an entire team. The guy couldn't even lead a fish to land if he tried. Riverside is, well, not very good anymore and has not been very active. Ogron is solid at 8.5* but that only leaves then with two good starters. Zidane hasn't looked great in some practice dds he has been playing, and Pineapple Express is just a pain in the ass to play with. I can already feel the anger exuding from the dome tops of these starters. I don't expect much from this team but who knows, maybe sarger can save the day.

Treyway (42)

Grade: A-

Starters: vys (10) | Rasaq (9) | Morph (8.5) | Props (8) | Unlimited (6.5)
    Backups: Kado (8) | Auto (7.5) | mvp (7)

This is by far one of the stronger teams this season. Vys is always money and does well every single TWDTD. Rasaq has been playing much better as of late and will be a great support to vys. Morph likes to suicide rush people because his brain doesn't work that well. This strategy somehow pays off in a DT and will help them be a more pushy team. The only weak spot here is unlimited but that isn't a bad price to pay to have 4 players above 8*s. He has experience in DTD and can stay alive fairly well all things considered. I expect them to make some noise and be towards the top of the standings by seasons end.

Shit Kickers (41.5)

Starters: Bike (9.5) | Temujin (8) | DanSlams (8) | Violence (8) | Tiny (8)
    Backups: Ra (7.5) | Jessup (7.5)

By far the most balanced team this season. Bike has been a monster as of late and finished 2nd last season in TWDTD rankings. Tiny pushes teams around with his brainless play, but that works in DT as mentioned earlier with morph. Temujin has great value at the 8* and can play above that level if he practices more. DanSlams and Violence will be key to getting wins for this team. They need to play very controlled or else things could fall apart quickly. Not many capable backups so starters will need to show every single week for this team to be viable.

Crusaders (42)

Grade: B+

Starters: Sprackle (9.5) | Creature (9.5) | Ro (9) | Frozen Throne (7) | Terminator 17.5 (7)
    Backups: JAMAL(8.5) | Jurassic (8) | Nlie (7) | Got Skill? (7)

While this team looks excellent on paper, they are at the mercy of the showrates of two of their top 3 players. Sprackle and Creature and a phenomenal 1-2 punch with Ro rounding out their core. Their 7 stars are fairly weak but the top of this line should be able to hide their deficiencies as long as they play safe. There is not much room for Jurassic or JAMAL (idiot) unless they decide to bench Ro or if he just doesn't show up.

Phoenix (42)

Starters: Saiyan (10) | Lockdown (10) | Booker007 (8) | Ekko (7) | Lee (7)
    ​​​​​​​Backups: PureOwnage (7.5) | Pawner (7) | Hypocrit (7)

The only team this season that features two 10* players. They look to be top heavy on the surface, but the rest of the line features very solid and competent competitors. Booker has been playing above the 8* level as of late and is coming off a TWDTD title that he had very little to do with. Ekko and Lee are both very safe players and know how to team well. I see this team performing well as long as the low stars can stay out of trouble.

Prayer (42)

Starters: Best (10) | Flew (9.5) | Zapata (8.5) | Hulk (8) | Damageinc86 (6)
    ​​​​​​​Backups: Cloth (8) | The Voodooo Child (8) | Shaun (7) | Lag Killer (7)

This was one of the tougher lines to choose due to the star restrictions. Bigmon and Flew will lead the way with a decent supporting cast. The only glaring hole is that they have to play with a 6 star if they want their line to be a bit top heavy. If they decide to go with the 7/7 option to round out the last two spots, the only available players and shaun and LK. They both stink so that would be a very difficult decision to make. Damageinc86 (think this guy is a literal pubber) is their only 6* option so they don't have a lot of flexibility with their line. Flew will have to make some tough calls on how they construct their line from week to week.

Terrorist (42)

Grade: B-

Starters: Tripin (9) | Maketso (8.5) | Geio (8.5) | Dreamwin (8.5) | Ravage (7.5)
    ​​​​​​​Backups: Lifter (7.5) | Rylo (7.5)

While this team seems balanced at first, they are severely lacking a top tier warbird and that will show in the results of their games. Tripin can be very hot and cold so it is tough to have him as a #1 option on a team. Maketso/geio/Dreamwin all provide solid support but don't necessarily push the envelope when it comes to leading a charge in wb. If tripin is able to perform well this team may surprise some folks and win a lot of games. It all hinges on tripin this season (no pressure bud).

Win or Die (42)

Starters: Racka (10) | Beam (9) | Rough (8.5) | Heaven (7.5) | Warthog (7)
    ​​​​​​​Backups: Hellzno! (7.5) | Cripple (7.5) | Wirah (7.5)

Racka (top 5 10* wb currently) leads the way with his little brother Beam in tow. They have played TWL together so there should be a comfort level for Beam who tends to struggle without a dominant force to play with. Rough is annoying and I don't really like him. Heaven performed well last season and is a solid support wb that can help their core do well. Warthog returned recently and has shown he can play at a reasonable level with other wbs in his star range. Key factor for this team to succeed is Beam being able to play well as the second best wb on the team.
    Last edited by Lock; 01-27-2022, 05:06 PM.
    3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Solid review! Curious to see how some of these players mesh together. Also a little disappointed that my boy Exalt didn't even get a mention in my line up!
    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Nice write up lock! Thanks for this. Looking foward for this season. Seems like a very competitive one
      http://www.gth.com.my/en/index_en.asp

Comment

intiristink pirtigi usigi of undirlini

Comment

good write up, thanks!
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Not really sure what to say here. Skatarius not only drafted the absolute worst TWDTD team I have ever seen, but also somehow did not draft any viable backups in case of no-shows.
            Steadman is one of the better 9* wbs, but two of the three 8*s in this lineup are very weak (a2m/Jack). They will need to look to make a trade if they want to compete at even the lowest levels of this league. I don't see them winning any games unless they play against some undermanned lines. Really bad team. Very awful.

Looking forward to this season bros.
            Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
            Rasaq> err moral

Comment

It's gonna take more than 1 FA pick to fix that team lol

Comment

Originally posted by RaCka View Post
                Solid review! Curious to see how some of these players mesh together. Also a little disappointed that my boy Exalt didn't even get a mention in my line up!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	john-cena-you-cant-see-me.gif
Views:	419
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1357766
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Lock View Post
                  TWDTD Draft Review

Welcome to Lockdown's 2022 TWDTD Draft Review!! With a prize pool of $4000, courtesy of Wirah and Dad (not ease), we can expect this season to the most hype season to date. All these rating and lines are just gut feelings that I had when looking at all the available players for each team. Some of these lines may not work due to showrate or toxicity within the team so please take them with a grain of salt.

My first impressions are that there is only one truly awful team (you know who you are). The rest of the teams can certainly compete and put some wins on the board for their captains. Now that the star cap has been increased to 42*, every team will be stronger than what we have seen in the past. This could lead to some very interesting lineups such as Sh1t K1ck1rs not having any wb below 8 stars. The top heavy lines get stronger due to not having to play a 6* in most cases.

Below are the projected lineups and grades that I am giving each team. They are probably wrong, but oh well, shut the heck up.

Malevolent (42)

Starters: Turban (9.5) | Dak (9) | Spezza (8.5) | Bombed (8) | Azuline (7)
                  Backups: Spartan (8) | WBM (7)

Most of this team plays more of a lob game which can be very effective in the TWDTD format. Turban has shown that he can put up huge numbers and Dak provides lots of consistency in the midrange. One glaring question mark is how they will survive without Spezza for the first two weeks of the season. They have a capable backup in Spartan but that may not be enough firepower to beat some of the decent or better teams. Bombed has the ability to punch above his weight at the 8* spot so this team could be surprisingly difficult to defeat if their top line can show the most games.

Power (42)

Grade: C+

Starters: Siaxis (9) | Ogron (8.5) | Riverside (8.5) | Zidane (8) | Pineapple Express (8)
                  Backups: jz (7.5) | Sarger (7.5)

On paper, this is one of the shittier teams in the league this season. Siaxis is nice at 9* but I don't think the ZU can handle leading an entire team. The guy couldn't even lead a fish to land if he tried. Riverside is, well, not very good anymore and has not been very active. Ogron is solid at 8.5* but that only leaves then with two good starters. Zidane hasn't looked great in some practice dds he has been playing, and Pineapple Express is just a pain in the ass to play with. I can already feel the anger exuding from the dome tops of these starters. I don't expect much from this team but who knows, maybe sarger can save the day.

Treyway (42)

Starters: vys (10) | Rasaq (9) | Morph (8.5) | Props (8) | Unlimited (6.5)
                  Backups: Kado (8) | Auto (7.5) | mvp (7)

This is by far one of the stronger teams this season. Vys is always money and does well every single TWDTD. Rasaq has been playing much better as of late and will be a great support to vys. Morph likes to suicide rush people because his brain doesn't work that well. This strategy somehow pays off in a DT and will help them be a more pushy team. The only weak spot here is unlimited but that isn't a bad price to pay to have 4 players above 8*s. He has experience in DTD and can stay alive fairly well all things considered. I expect them to make some noise and be towards the top of the standings by seasons end.

Shit Kickers (41.5)

Starters: Bike (9.5) | Temujin (8) | DanSlams (8) | Violence (8) | Tiny (8)
                  Backups: Ra (7.5) | Jessup (7.5)

By far the most balanced team this season. Bike has been a monster as of late and finished 2nd last season in TWDTD rankings. Tiny pushes teams around with his brainless play, but that works in DT as mentioned earlier with morph. Temujin has great value at the 8* and can play above that level if he practices more. DanSlams and Violence will be key to getting wins for this team. They need to play very controlled or else things could fall apart quickly. Not many capable backups so starters will need to show every single week for this team to be viable.

Crusaders (42)

Starters: Sprackle (9.5) | Creature (9.5) | Ro (9) | Frozen Throne (7) | Terminator 17.5 (7)
                  Backups: JAMAL(8.5) | Jurassic (8) | Nlie (7) | Got Skill? (7)

While this team looks excellent on paper, they are at the mercy of the showrates of two of their top 3 players. Sprackle and Creature and a phenomenal 1-2 punch with Ro rounding out their core. Their 7 stars are fairly weak but the top of this line should be able to hide their deficiencies as long as they play safe. There is not much room for Jurassic or JAMAL (idiot) unless they decide to bench Ro or if he just doesn't show up.

Phoenix (42)

Starters: Saiyan (10) | Lockdown (10) | Booker007 (8) | Ekko (7) | Lee (7)
                  Backups: PureOwnage (7.5) | Pawner (7) | Hypocrit (7)

The only team this season that features two 10* players. They look to be top heavy on the surface, but the rest of the line features very solid and competent competitors. Booker has been playing above the 8* level as of late and is coming off a TWDTD title that he had very little to do with. Ekko and Lee are both very safe players and know how to team well. I see this team performing well as long as the low stars can stay out of trouble.

Prayer (42)

Starters: Best (10) | Flew (9.5) | Zapata (8.5) | Hulk (8) | Damageinc86 (6)
                  ​​​​​​​Backups: Cloth (8) | The Voodooo Child (8) | Shaun (7) | Lag Killer (7)

This was one of the tougher lines to choose due to the star restrictions. Bigmon and Flew will lead the way with a decent supporting cast. The only glaring hole is that they have to play with a 6 star if they want their line to be a bit top heavy. If they decide to go with the 7/7 option to round out the last two spots, the only available players and shaun and LK. They both stink so that would be a very difficult decision to make. Damageinc86 (think this guy is a literal pubber) is their only 6* option so they don't have a lot of flexibility with their line. Flew will have to make some tough calls on how they construct their line from week to week.

Terrorist (42)

Grade: B-

Starters: Tripin (9) | Maketso (8.5) | Geio (8.5) | Dreamwin (8.5) | Ravage (7.5)
                  ​​​​​​​Backups: Lifter (7.5) | Rylo (7.5)

While this team seems balanced at first, they are severely lacking a top tier warbird and that will show in the results of their games. Tripin can be very hot and cold so it is tough to have him as a #1 option on a team. Maketso/geio/Dreamwin all provide solid support but don't necessarily push the envelope when it comes to leading a charge in wb. If tripin is able to perform well this team may surprise some folks and win a lot of games. It all hinges on tripin this season (no pressure bud).

Win or Die (42)

Starters: Racka (10) | Beam (9) | Rough (8.5) | Heaven (7.5) | Warthog (7)
                  ​​​​​​​Backups: Hellzno! (7.5) | Cripple (7.5) | Wirah (7.5)

Racka (top 5 10* wb currently) leads the way with his little brother Beam in tow. They have played TWL together so there should be a comfort level for Beam who tends to struggle without a dominant force to play with. Rough is annoying and I don't really like him. Heaven performed well last season and is a solid support wb that can help their core do well. Warthog returned recently and has shown he can play at a reasonable level with other wbs in his star range. Key factor for this team to succeed is Beam being able to play well as the second best wb on the team.
                  Trash review for crusaders. you forgot to add me in that lineup. check past twdt's bud.
                  2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and say it. Majority of the time, people hate on my style (or any other players style) is because they themselves, don't manage their lives well. They need an excuse; for their lack of skill. Dying out in 5 or less minutes because they over rush, try to solo, can't read radar properly. So they die to "strays" or "lobs". If you die out in 5 minutes or less, you're doing something wrong...

Those players who are quick to call some one a "lobber"? They lack radar awareness. I can get 10+ R3 in a match if I wanted. Can you kill a player who is cloaked; by using radar? Then you should be able to shoot from longer range and see the speed/movement of the other players.

Players who suicide rush or can only "vulch" kill; are very quick to complain about other players play-style. At the end of the day, you're responsible for your lives. Take accountability like an adult, quit your bitching. Only if a teammate crosses you, or doesn't provide support; can you talk trash about how they play. Even crosses, it's an easy excuse but most are avoidable. (Once again if you read radar properly)

Adjust to whatever style the other team/player is using. Shit.... wasn't the last TWDT won by mostly R3 shots? Not everyone cares about the game like some of you. I'm not getting on discord and calling out plays and shit. I don't even like talking on the phone. I've seen it work well but it's not that serious of a game....

Also, I don't condone the staying R3/R4, running when people get close - style. However, if you can chase down a player, who is running at the end of the round; you should be able to do it during the match. I personally like to stay in R2. Gives you enough space to overcome a rusher, a long range shooter, etc. Stop blaming others for your short comings.

Sick of people getting mad at me because they're on 8 or 9; while I'm like 8:3... It's not my fault YOUR play style boils down to a suicide rush. If you miss, you're fucked in most cases. In my opinion R2 is more skilled than the rest. You can literally go back and forth with skilled shots and dodges. Near misses and close dodges. R1 kills consists of vulches, spawns, suicide rushes and the float/no-dodge no-thrust; hope the other player aims for the dodge. R3 is utilizing radar. Sure you can rush in to draw fire. However, too many players don't provide cover fire to the people drawing the fire. They just keep running and then you end up getting teamed; saving their ass... I prefer to provide cover fire from farther away. Shoot in front of the rushing enemy, it slows or stops their rush. Giving your teammate space to recharge.

At which point, players are too quick to take the shot as soon as it's available. That cover fire is to allow you to get space and energy to regroup. Not for you to try and take one of them out. While you're chased by 4-5. That's on you. You chose not to use that opportunity to find teammates, after someone like myself stopped/slowed the enemy rush. Then it's "OMG! CAN SOMEONE HELP?!" "ALL MY DEATHS ARE 4V1..." Always another players fault. Couldn't possibly be their fault. They're out in 5 mins 8:10. Getting mad at a teammate who is 8:3. Who is also rushing, staying no further than R2, providing cover fire and hunting high death players... Sure, makes tons of sense... lol

I obviously can only speak for myself here... BUT... I'm straight up honest everytime I'm playing bad. I will tell teams not to borrow me cause I'm playing like shit. If you've ever played with or against me, you know this.

If you were to take a quick glance at my stats, you would say they're trash. Which I wouldn't disagree with. However if you look farther into the stats; I'm typically one of, if not, the last player on my team. You'll see me with a -5 or something losing streak, because my team dies out fast. I can be on a +6 k:d and a teammate will die out and blame me or someone else. Obviously, you're the one, doing something wrong...

SO MANY excuses! Once again; man up and take accountability. /rant

Comment

lol fuck reading all that

Comment

Originally posted by Pineapple Express View Post
                        I'm going to go ahead and say it. Majority of the time, people hate on my style (or any other players style) is because they themselves, don't manage their lives well. They need an excuse; for their lack of skill. Dying out in 5 or less minutes because they over rush, try to solo, can't read radar properly. So they die to "strays" or "lobs". If you die out in 5 minutes or less, you're doing something wrong...

Those players who are quick to call some one a "lobber"? They lack radar awareness. I can get 10+ R3 in a match if I wanted. Can you kill a player who is cloaked; by using radar? Then you should be able to shoot from longer range and see the speed/movement of the other players.

Players who suicide rush or can only "vulch" kill; are very quick to complain about other players play-style. At the end of the day, you're responsible for your lives. Take accountability like an adult, quit your bitching. Only if a teammate crosses you, or doesn't provide support; can you talk trash about how they play. Even crosses, it's an easy excuse but most are avoidable. (Once again if you read radar properly)

Adjust to whatever style the other team/player is using. Shit.... wasn't the last TWDT won by mostly R3 shots? Not everyone cares about the game like some of you. I'm not getting on discord and calling out plays and shit. I don't even like talking on the phone. I've seen it work well but it's not that serious of a game....

Also, I don't condone the staying R3/R4, running when people get close - style. However, if you can chase down a player, who is running at the end of the round; you should be able to do it during the match. I personally like to stay in R2. Gives you enough space to overcome a rusher, a long range shooter, etc. Stop blaming others for your short comings.

Sick of people getting mad at me because they're on 8 or 9; while I'm like 8:3... It's not my fault YOUR play style boils down to a suicide rush. If you miss, you're fucked in most cases. In my opinion R2 is more skilled than the rest. You can literally go back and forth with skilled shots and dodges. Near misses and close dodges. R1 kills consists of vulches, spawns, suicide rushes and the float/no-dodge no-thrust; hope the other player aims for the dodge. R3 is utilizing radar. Sure you can rush in to draw fire. However, too many players don't provide cover fire to the people drawing the fire. They just keep running and then you end up getting teamed; saving their ass... I prefer to provide cover fire from farther away. Shoot in front of the rushing enemy, it slows or stops their rush. Giving your teammate space to recharge.

At which point, players are too quick to take the shot as soon as it's available. That cover fire is to allow you to get space and energy to regroup. Not for you to try and take one of them out. While you're chased by 4-5. That's on you. You chose not to use that opportunity to find teammates, after someone like myself stopped/slowed the enemy rush. Then it's "OMG! CAN SOMEONE HELP?!" "ALL MY DEATHS ARE 4V1..." Always another players fault. Couldn't possibly be their fault. They're out in 5 mins 8:10. Getting mad at a teammate who is 8:3. Who is also rushing, staying no further than R2, providing cover fire and hunting high death players... Sure, makes tons of sense... lol

I obviously can only speak for myself here... BUT... I'm straight up honest everytime I'm playing bad. I will tell teams not to borrow me cause I'm playing like shit. If you've ever played with or against me, you know this.

If you were to take a quick glance at my stats, you would say they're trash. Which I wouldn't disagree with. However if you look farther into the stats; I'm typically one of, if not, the last player on my team. You'll see me with a -5 or something losing streak, because my team dies out fast. I can be on a +6 k:d and a teammate will die out and blame me or someone else. Obviously, you're the one, doing something wrong...

SO MANY excuses! Once again; man up and take accountability. /rant
                        Is this a copypasta?

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Is this a copypasta?
                          nah he's just another victim of hanging out and playing with paladen/jessup for too long
                          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Beam is like 30 and lives in his mom's basement and someday will realize he is quite the boring man child irl. Pineapple and I haven't squadded together for years so don't throw my name in any of this for your typical selfish lols at other people's expense.

That said I can respect Pines input about the players who go out in 5 mins and think suicide rushing is the only way to play. When Pine used to play with passion he was a great wb.
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                            X