Playoff Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Format

Why is this league 8 playoff teams instead of 6? Basically everyone gets in. A team who is terrible in 2 leagues but has a pretty good lineup in one league can get in and run the table in the playoffs easily. The league is rewarding these bad draftee teams by stacking one league so they get into the playoffs by squeezing out wins barely.
    1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
    1:Zidane> congrats man
    1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
    1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
    1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

do not change it I want to be part of the playoffs

Comment

Yeah, its weird man, 8/10 teams making the playoffs is silly because then there’s almost no point of the regular season... I can go visit Iron in Brazil for 5 weeks, come back and we’d still prolly make the playoffs.. Not gonna lie, I logged on the other day and was told 8/10 teams make the playoffs I thought I was being trolled.. Reminds me of that TWL season where we played 900 regular season games and 9/10 heads made the playoffs.. Lol

There’s only one team we know for sure that isn’t gonna make the playoffs and that’s Skats team.. lol no shade brodie but that team looks like a giant piece of poop so that really leaves us wondering who that last team is..
      Last edited by Best; 01-31-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Best View Post
        Yeah, its weird man, 8/10 teams making the playoffs is silly because then there’s almost no point of the regular season, I can go to Brazil for 5 weeks, come back and we’d still prolly make the playoffs.. Not gonna lie, I logged on the other day and was told 8/10 teams make the playoffs I thought I was being trolled.. Reminds me of that TWL season where we played 900 regular season games and 9/10 heads made the playoffs.. Lol

There’s only one team we know for sure that isn’t gonna make the playoffs and that’s Skats team.. lol no shade brodie but that team looks like a giant piece of poop so that really leaves us wondering who that last team is..
        Loooool
        Last edited by kado; 01-31-2022, 11:45 AM.
        shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

byes suck tho, so choose 8 or 4.
          I think 4 makes the season more meaningful, but don't care much.

Comment

Originally posted by Best View Post
            Yeah, its weird man, 8/10 teams making the playoffs is silly because then there’s almost no point of the regular season... I can go visit Iron in Brazil for 5 weeks, come back and we’d still prolly make the playoffs.. Not gonna lie, I logged on the other day and was told 8/10 teams make the playoffs I thought I was being trolled.. Reminds me of that TWL season where we played 900 regular season games and 9/10 heads made the playoffs.. Lol

Jajajajajaja
            TWLD 2016 Champion
            TWDTD champion x 3
            Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

bigmon spicing up this DT season with forum drama lol.. Love it

TWDT hype

Comment

The main reason it was changed to 8 teams instead of 6 was to get rid of a bye week for any team and to allow more teams/players into the playoffs. One of the main focuses of TWDT has been to increase/maintain zone activity and I think the past few seasons have definitely accomplished that. I'm of the belief that the best team in warbird/jav/basing will win regardless if there are 6 teams or 8 teams in the playoffs. Sure the 7th or 8th seed can possibly pull off an upset or two but they would have to win as the 'underdog' team 3x in a row to win the league itself.
                1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

All I know is that I’d have more dtd titles and probably more 2nd place dtj badges if this was a thing before. You can definitely stack 2 leagues now.
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

the majority of TWDT has been 8 teams, with 6 making playoffs (75%)
                    the current season of TWDT is 10 teams, with 8 making playoffs (80%)

it's a 5% difference in odds...

also, the bye has screwed over the #1 team more than it has helped it on average -- 2 weeks off while your opponent played more recently is a punishment, not a reward.

also also, it's TWDT... we're literally in a star cap league that caters to 7*s and 8*s... the whole point of the league is inclusivity. more teams making the playoffs means a bigger part of the player-base remains engaged.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by ogron View Post
                      also, the bye has screwed over the #1 team more than it has helped it on average -- 2 weeks off while your opponent played more recently is a punishment, not a reward.
                      Last season Terrorist finished regular season #1 overall and played 2 quarter-finals due to weird seeding rules. If we ever go back to 6-team playoff system it should reward top 2 overall teams with bye-week because thats what this format is all about and it works similarly in the playoff cut-off line as well. I dont think the lack of playing time is a punishment as you go straight to semis and its 1 separate week.
                      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...
                      X