Week 2 Overachiever Award + Random Roll Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 Overachiever Award + Random Roll Winner

As previously stated last week this award is geared towards lower star players performing above their current star value. After looking through all the box scores this week these are the players who had stand out performances.

First up we have Warthog. A returning 20 year veteran to TW is currently a 7* warbird after such a long hiatus. His team went 2-0 this week as he dropped a total of 16 kills in 10 deaths across 2 rounds while also racking up 3 KO's along the way. Warthog currently sits at the #16 slot for overall warbirds for this season.

Next up we have Hypocrit. Hypocrit absolutely popped off with a 17-6 performance against Power. He currently holds the #5 slot for overall javelins this season.

Finally we have Groan. Groan is another EG hybrid player who is beginning to find success in TW. He is a 7* baser holding the overall #20 slot for spiders this season. His team went 2-0 today while he dropped an impressive 82-46 and 64-29 for a total of 146-75.

Random Roll Winner - Warportal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGwALPdnaXI
    (Rip Audio - Everybody tell Dwopple what a doofus he is for not including audio 2 weeks in a row)
    (ty dwopple )

Poll automatically closes at 11:55 PM Est on February 10th.
    *All winners will be paid at the end of this season.
    Warthog (7* Warbird)
    35.29%
    Hypocrit (8.5* Javelin)
    23.53%
    Groan (7* Baser)
    41.18%

The poll is expired.

1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

My vote falls on Groan, vs'd her last week, was very gud for a 7*
    10* Spectator
    Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
    https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
    Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

I'll be expecting Groan to have a higher rating next season, so she may as well get paid for it.

Comment

Dare gets a shout out with Groan. Dare is Groans under partner and Dare dropped 4 teks in our second game, the only game so far where the enemy team broke 6 mins.

A vote for Groan is a vote for Dare. Vote Groan.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Absolutely no shade to anyone involved but,

16-10 is fairly common for 1 round. Warthog did it in 2.
          An EG player doing decent #s in a spider is not only common but expected. What's more confusing is how he managed to be rated 7* in a ship he should have natural control in.

Which leaves hypocrit's 17-6 as the only viable selection for overachiever award - especially considering how some people in this community (dis)regard him.

Think before pressing the vote button folks

Comment

the argument against hypocrit is that 8.5 isn't a low rating and the game was a blowout, you went 18-6 in the same round that he dropped 17 in...

all three are good options. Something not mentioned here is that Groan has 8 teks which is the most out all spiders so far in DT

Comment

rename this to "rated badly so free money handout" reward
              ?

cripple> if u had a better connection u wouldnt be good

Comment

Definitely a tough choice as the numbers aren’t eye popping. Warthog and groan doing good, I don’t know warthog but like others have mentioned it doesn’t surprise me given his background and exposure here already. The 8 teks is what impresses me the most (although I know this is a weekly contest). Warthog also with an impressive 4 KOs and both the top player in their star rating for the year. I gave a slight nod to warthog. I’m also not surprised to see gene do well as he has had plenty of moments of glory depending on his surrounding cast.
                In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by Skatarius View Post
                  rename this to "rated badly so free money handout" reward
                  If you knew they were rated badly, why didn't you draft any of them?
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

My 6.5 the big STEK put up better numbers than that in wb last week... didn't even get a nomination

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

If you knew they were rated badly, why didn't you draft any of them?

Comment

Can we vote for Jackie ? 7.5 shark, goes 2.9 rpd in 2 wins alongside sprackle, imo more impressive than badly rated spiders, and more important ship at that rating

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                          Can we vote for Jackie ? 7.5 shark, goes 2.9 rpd in 2 wins alongside sprackle, imo more impressive than badly rated spiders, and more important ship at that rating
                          https://youtu.be/fvwaY0SjA88?t=552

just gonna leave this here.
                          Last edited by SNOOPiE; 02-08-2022, 06:07 AM.
                          10* Spectator
                          Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
                          https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
                          Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

vote 4 genir

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited View Post

i mean, he's got a point. the time to whine about ratings was before the draft. unless he did and was ignored, in which case, bummer.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X