TWDTB Finals Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDTB Finals Preview

What an exciting and amazing season of draft basing it has been. After crushing the hopes and dreams of many on their stomp to the finals, we’re left with Zidane led Power and Dreamwin led Terrorist.

Unsurprisingly to most, the last two teams standing were the #1 & 2 seeds going into playoffs, both winning 7/9 of their regular season games. Each team is driven by the top 2 statistically ranked terrs in this tournament & this promises to be an exciting match to go down in Trench Wars history books!

Big props to both Zidane & Dreamwin for drafting excellently balanced teams with players who had the talent, drive & desire to show up & play each week. For the most part, both of these teams sported a full 69* lineup throughout the entire tournament and fielded much of the same starting lines.

As the skill gap between established top performers and mid level players continues to grow smaller season after season of draft it’s becoming more apparent that active teams that play together, slay together.

Take note future draft captains who draft inactive high star players with hopes they’ll log on for playoffs *cough* Jurassic */cough*! <3

Much appreciation & thanks to all those who took the time and put in the effort to organize and run the tournament as well as all players who contributed prizes, weekly reviews, and hilarious HoN writeups and game commentary.

Now, let’s get down to the analysis

Power – 69*

Terrier – Ogron – 10*

Sharks - Zidane - 10* & Vehicle – 7.5*
    Total shark power: 17.5*

Spiders -Sarger 10*, Brethal 9*, Bellflowers/Clefairy27 8*, Dare 7.5*, Groan 7*
    Total spider power: 41.5*

Sub option: Spider: Siaxis 7.5*

Terrorist – 69*
    Terrier – Maketso – 9*

Sharks – Joeses - 9* & Omega Red – * 8.5
    Total shark power: 17.5*

Spiders - Dreamwin – 10*, Hellkite – 9*, TPZ – 8.5*, Henry Saari – 8*, Gumgy 7*
    Total spider power: 42.5*

Sub options: Spider: Tripin – 8*, y0gi – 7*

Let’s start off by looking at the spiders. Power is fielding a spider line consisting of 3 of last years DTB champs in Sarger, Brethal & Bellflowers which is promising in itself. Let’s break down their spider line further:

Sarger 10* - arguably the best 10* spider in the game right now, he’s the current reigning triple crown spider of twlb, twdtb and basingcup, has anyone else even accomplished this feat before? Having sarger lead your spider line is a blessing and he is undeniably worth every star he costs. The man has a basing technique (the sarger shot) named after him for Gods sake. Statistically he is the 4th best spider of this tournament, with the top 3 already being eliminated, look for him to be a key player if Power hopes to win the title.

Brethal – 9* - although he thinks I know nothing of basing, I have the utmost respect and admiration for this man. I’ve seen him chillin in spec from screenshots posted from the very first trench days by Ephemeral, & he’s been slamming on people from his early days on -final-. Brethal as proven by his last TWLB season on juice is the type of spider who will perform well even playing from a disadvantaged team. Put him on a strong team like power and he is a force to be reckoned with, & honestly it’s amazing how great of a spider he still is at the ripe old age of 67.

Bellflowers/Clefairy27 – 8* - my good ole pokepal, & a solid spider/great value for his rating, he’s also defending his twdtb title from last year & plays on par with Sarger/Brethal on his best days. If he’s feeling his oats he could be the difference between the W or L for Power.

Dare - 7.5* - Dare is pretty new to basing as far as I know, he’s a well rounded player and is the best performing 7.5* spider of the tournament. I’ve seen this man drop 20+ kills in a dd, & even go 44-2 in terr in twbd. He's got potential & he’ll definitely perform at level or better for his team.. I’ll even say this: if he remains a 7.5*, someone give him a shot in terr next twdtb and stack the shit out of the team around him and you’re probably guaranteed to make the semis.

Groan – 7* - this guy is STILL a 7* eh? He statistically did better than higher star teammates Dare & Clefairy & is by far the best performing 7* spider in the tournament. He managed to rack up the second most TeKs for a spider (11), only bested by 10* Renzi who managed to snag 13. He’s also been one of the many Power players seen putting in the work to practice & refine his skills in the twbd arena throughout the tournament.

Power does look to have an amazing spider line, but is it enough to beat Terrorists? Let’s break them down next.

Dreamwin – 10* - We all know Dreamwin is a great spider. Statistically ranked 10th in the tournament, & tied for 3rd in the spider TeK race with 9 in total. He’s a smart/pushy player who goes for game winning plays over recs. He’s a wildcard, often switching himself into specials to break cram/punish the other team. Look for him to be a key player if Terrorist hopes to win the title.

Hellkite – 9* - He is a current reigning TWLB spider, statistically ranked 13th in the tournament with an impressive 2.09 KPD. Hellkites another one of those great spiders who plays for the W and not a rec. Look for him to put the pressure on enemy terr Ogron and exploit his weaknesses as he played alongside him in the last TWL season.

TPZ – 8.5*- Seventh best statistically ranked spider in this tournament. 2nd best statistically ranked spider left in the tournament & the best ranked 8.5* spider to play this tournament. TPZ has had a great season & I expect him to continue to serve fire for Terrorist. If he’s in the zone, TPZ will be that spider power difference that leaves Powers spiders scrambling to keep up.

Henry Saari – 8* - People like to talk smack on Henry, but statistically he’s the best ranked 8* spider in the tournament with the highest KPD by far at 3.21. He’s followed by Saiyan (2.32) and Cripple (2.31) who are both eliminated. He’s campy and known to play for his rec but I’ve seen him push… sometimes. He’s a great deal for Terrorist at 8* & he doesn’t need to be that pushy as he’s playing alongside Dreamwin/Hellkite/TPZ/Gumgy.

Gumgy – 7* Where did this guy come from? Gumgy is a great value 7* player who I think is new to the basing scene. He’s performed well for his 7* rating/under designation and has only played 6/9 games for Terrorist managing to secure 6 TeKs throughout the regular season which is an average of 1 per game. From what I’ve seen from him in .?go twbd he should be able to hold his own against Groan.

If I compare just the spider lines, I feel as though the stars don’t lie & Terrorist is slightly stronger and is at an advantage.

Let’s move on to the sharks

Power
    Zidane – 10* - We all know Zidane is one of the best sharks in the zone, leading the total # of mines dropped throughout the regular season with a ridiculous 479, 46 ahead of second place for that stat. Statistically the 6th best shark in this tournament, Zidane could carry his team to victory with a few smart plays.

Vehicle – 7.5* - Vehicle has had a great season and the practice has paid off as he’s definitely improved leading up to playoffs, he’s on par for RPD with shark partner Zidane with an average of 2.9 per game. From what I’ve seen, he’s gained the confidence to throw smart game changing bombs and this could help give Power a chance to win the title.

Terrorist

Joeses – 9* - Big Daddy Joe! Statistically the strongest shark left in the tournament with an average of 2.9 RPD & 4th best shark rank in this tournament overall. Joe is returning to the TWDTB finals for a second draft season in a row and I’m sure he’s hungry for the win. He’s got some killer moves up his sleeve but I’m not gonna spoil it for you guys, watch out for him to be a key player if Terrorist hopes to win the title this weekend.

Omega Red – 8.5* - Omega deservedly broke into the top 10 statistically ranked sharks of this season. He’s the only shark left in the tournament with an average of 3 RPD. Tied for second place for number of TeKs throughout the regular season with Hulk/Morph at 7 (Dwopple was first with 9.) Omega Red has stepped his game up and I’m excited to see what he does this Sunday.

As per star ratings, I would say shark power is comparable and they are evenly matched.

Now let’s talk Terriers

Power
    Ogron – 10* - The winningiest, most titled, most playoff series competed, most everythingiest ever terr in Trench Wars history. Reigning TWLB champ Ogron is hoping to go for a triple crown of TWLB, Basingcup and TWTDB titles with this victory. He’s the #1 statistically ranked terr this season, which is impressive given his 10* rating. He has the second highest terr KPD this season at 8.57, & is second in the race for regular season Teks at 16. Averaging 5 deaths per game Ogron definitely has the skill and experience to fly Power to victory.

Maketso – 9* - Maketso is statistically the 2nd best terr to play this season. Matching Ogron at an average of 5 deaths per game, he continues to impress and improve. He leads the TeK race with an impressive 23 throughout the tournament, more impressive still is he only played terr in 8/9 of regular season games compared to the 9 games played by most other starting terriers. If he’s feeling it, look for him to burst Ogrons dreams of a triple crown back into the spawn zone and secure his subspace boyfriend Dreamwin this TWDTB title.

As per star ratings, I will say Ogrons 4000 games played in terr and experience in numerous playoff series counts for a lot & should provide him a hand up in this series. No matter what happens in that flagroom, he should be able to give his team a fighting chance for the title. Maketso has proven he is a Terr killing machine and showed in the semis that he can turn the tide of a game with a few perfectly timed bursts.

After reviewing and analyzing both teams, I do think Terrorist will come out on top in a 3 rounder. This is purely based on them having a slightly stronger spider line, but I may be a little biased.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Ekk0; 03-26-2022, 06:08 PM.
    absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

I think sarger will struggle vs lobstir saari while clefairy whimpers her own name and ogron spams "why can't dare and groan handle gumgy" and brethal adds to her snuff film collection. Props to zid for carrying them this far, but it won't be enough vs this champion Terrorist team.

Comment

also Ekko is better than Ogron

Comment

HYPE

Thanks 4 the write up ekko

Comment

This should be a good one.

I like Dreamwins spid line: Rab/Hen holding space, Hell/Dream diving in and Gum trying to be solid.

Power with Zid, Ogron and sarger all playing like 10*+ might get the dub..

I'd go 55/45 Terrorists, in 100 simulations.

GL HF

Comment

good write-up, thanks for the content. looking forward to sending DSB Hitler packing.

Originally posted by Ekk0 View Post
            Sarger -- arguably the best 10* spider in the game right now, he’s the current reigning triple crown spider of twlb, twdtb and basingcup, has anyone else even accomplished this feat before?
            yes.

ogron (2022) -- TWLB 2021, Basing Cup 2021, TWDT-B 2022
            sarger (2021) -- Basing Cup 2020, TWLB 2021, TWDT-B 2021
            zidane (2020) -- TWLB 2019, TWDT-B 2020, Basing Cup 2020
            ogron (2020) -- TWLB 2019, TWDT-B 2020, Basing Cup 2020
            Hellkite (2020) -- TWLB 2019, TWDT-B 2020, Basing Cup 2020
            Ra (2019) -- Basing Cup 2018, TWLB 2019, TWDT-B 2019
            zidane (2016) -- TWLB 2015, World Cup 2015, TWDT-B 2016
            ogron (2016) -- TWLB 2015, World Cup 2015, TWDT-B 2016
            Fermata (2015) -- TWLB 2014, TWDT-B 2015, World Cup 2015
            dead_rain (2009) -- World Cup 2008, TWDT-B 2008, TWLB 2009
            Jeenyuss (2009) -- World Cup 2008, TWDT-B 2008, TWLB 2009
            Don't Try To Resist (2004) -- TWLB 2003, World Cup 2003, TWDT-B 2004

near misses:
            saiyan (2020) -- TWDT-B 2020 (finals), Basing Cup 2020, TWLB 2020
            Stayon (2015) -- TWLB 2014, TWDT-B 2015, World Cup 2015 (finals)
            M_M God (2016) -- TWLB 2015, World Cup 2015 (finals), TWDT-B 2016
            Royst (2009) -- TWDT-B 2008 (finals), World Cup 2008, TWLB 2009

Last edited by ogron; 04-06-2022, 08:29 AM.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Damn ekko! What a post! Thanks for taking the time to write this. HYPE!!!
              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
              Message has been sent to online moderators
              2:BLeeN> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>no
              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
              2:BLeeN> ok then no
              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

jk you know much of basing, great read thanks 🥰

Comment

awesome write up ekko
                  1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Thx for this write up, was very well done and not as biased as I was originally anticipating. I did think it would be a great final because Dream drafted an excellent line.

I want to thank everyone on Power for a great season, always nice to end on a high note. It wasn't easy and we put in the work, had a lot of motivated players and our showrate was insane.

Comment

I'll be on to collect my 1 million pub bucks sir
                      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab
                        I think sarger will struggle vs lobstir saari while clefairy whimpers her own name and ogron spams "why can't dare and groan handle gumgy" and brethal adds to her snuff film collection. Props to zid for carrying them this far, but it won't be enough vs this champion Terrorist team.
                        Originally posted by Rab View Post
                        also Ekko is better than Ogron

Rab how do my boots taste

top 100 basers list

Comment

heh, you were meant to get triggered by that before the final, it's too late now. <3 gg

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                            heh, you were meant to get triggered by that before the final, it's too late now. <3 gg
                            LOL

fair enough. gg <3
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                            X