TWL Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Suggestion

because dwopple beliefs the biggest hurdle and major life stressor for twl coordinators is picking which teams are allowed entry/sorting through applications, I have a idea/proposal that could simplify this process and allow inclusion of everyone and increase cimpititifniss/competition

Its pretty simple, if a team for wb/jav can retrieve 5 players on their dueling roster that average above 8* combined (maybe like 8.2* or something, could figure out the exact * level when time comes), then they are allowed auto entry into twl. same thing for base, if a team can list a starting lineup where their average * level is above the requirement, they are granted entry. The TWL ops can decide what the average * level of starters is to be allowed auto entry to the "A Division"

What about the sh1tb1x squidrins that don't meet the requisite * level for twl? Say a team like accuracy wants to play twld but their best 5 warbirds only average 7*

Accuracy would go to the "B division". Say there end up being 8 teams in the A division, and 4 teams in the B division, or even 6 teams in the A division and 3 teams in the B division, what I am about to propose would still work. lets go with an 8/4 split though

the 8 teams in the A division play their season, the top 3 make playoffs, but the #4 team in stindinks will vs the #1 team from the B division in a play-in game for the last spot in the A division playoffs.

The 4 teams in the B division vs each other all season, and whoever is #1 in the standings by the time the A division playoffs start, get to vs the #4 seed from the "A Division" in a play in game for the last spot in the A division playoffs

This will allow for very few lopsided games such as a team of 10* players vsing a team of 7* players in the regular season, but will still give a low* team the chance to pull an upset and get in the A division playoffs.

Teams from the B division will be playing each other all season and getting games in vs equal competition and maybe have more motivation and build chemistry and then they get their 1 chance at the end to upset the lowest seeded playoff team from the A division, meanwhile if you have a high standard like you need 5 starters to average 8.5* or bettir to gain entry into the A division, you will get mostly good games and prevent Siege vs Paladen squash mitchis etc. It would make every mitch meaningful n give the girpigi teams something to play for all season

jus wanted to thriw this out there as it seems pretty iz to do and could work even if theres only 6 teams in the A division n 3 teams in the B division as well. i hope u could understand what i mean sry if i vs confusion

Usually there are about 2-3 good teams only. So the entire thing is a farce until the semi-finals.

Comment

why are people writing novels about TWL qualifications?

they've accepted every team that wants to play TWL for the last 8 years.

it would be great if people could stop implementing terrible ideas (TWL qualifications, 19 year seasons, Quarter-Finals when theres like 3-4 teams that can win, baffling schedule gaps where certain leagues don't play for weeks) and removing good ones (Split Dueling and Basing rosters).

we had a near-perfect league structure in place by Turban with TWL 2020 -- a short, 5 week regular season, semis/finals, small rosters, and split dueling/basing rosters. please, stop experimenting with TWL and just run a simple, straightforward league. if you want to put your signature on a season and implement your own ideas, run TWDT or a Cup, and you will have my full support. But TWL has already been solved; leave it alone.

TL;DR -- Turban's TWL 2020 was the perfect TWL and should be the blueprint for all future seasons.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

i kniw i luv twl and agree w/ the short seasin and having split dueling/bisink rostirs or wutever, wut i say would just prevent having squash mitchis becuz teams w/ starting lineup above 8.5* or w/e for their top 5 in duelink and top 8 in base would vs in the "A division" and below 8.5* or w/e would vs in the "B division"

the top team from B division still gets a chance to fingir the 4th seed from the A division at end of regular season, and all games in both divisions would b more competitive and meaningful becuz u dun have multiple mitchis per week w/ 10* team vs pilidin n then pilidin stops showink half way through seasin etc

Comment

Player ratings are far from perfect and only allows more room for arguments, imo.

The "accept every team that wants to play TWL" approach and "5 week regular season" model works well if there's 10 teams or less in all divisions, or 12 teams max in a single division. After that, games start to run too late for euros and becomes long for 3-leaguers. That, and it's already been acknowledged how quick of a competitive talent drop-off there is with that many teams.

My idea for using twd games and twl rosters for qualifications was for 1) boosting TWD activity pre-TWL for lower-tier teams to try and achieve, 2) objectively capping the max # of teams for a league at 8 (for a 4 week regular season & semis/finals) instead of using imperfect player-ratings, or some other subjective measure, and 3) removing any arguments or controversy for teams who don't qualify.

TWL is already a zone killer, so in my opinion the shorter = better, even if only by 1 week while also keeping it more competitive than the "everyone gets to play" model.

I don't think anyone here would be against a shorter, more competitive season. Just my 2 cents.
          zidane> big play
          Omega Red> dwop sick
          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Fairly positive I ran twl in 2020 and not turban, so ty

Comment

Ya mine was in 2019 with split rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                because dwopple beliefs the biggest hurdle and major life stressor for twl coordinators is picking which teams are allowed entry/sorting through applications, I have a idea/proposal that could simplify this process and allow inclusion of everyone and increase cimpititifniss/competition

Its pretty simple, if a team for wb/jav can retrieve 5 players on their dueling roster that average above 8* combined (maybe like 8.2* or something, could figure out the exact * level when time comes), then they are allowed auto entry into twl. same thing for base, if a team can list a starting lineup where their average * level is above the requirement, they are granted entry. The TWL ops can decide what the average * level of starters is to be allowed auto entry to the "A Division"

What about the sh1tb1x squidrins that don't meet the requisite * level for twl? Say a team like accuracy wants to play twld but their best 5 warbirds only average 7*

Accuracy would go to the "B division". Say there end up being 8 teams in the A division, and 4 teams in the B division, or even 6 teams in the A division and 3 teams in the B division, what I am about to propose would still work. lets go with an 8/4 split though

the 8 teams in the A division play their season, the top 3 make playoffs, but the #4 team in stindinks will vs the #1 team from the B division in a play-in game for the last spot in the A division playoffs.

The 4 teams in the B division vs each other all season, and whoever is #1 in the standings by the time the A division playoffs start, get to vs the #4 seed from the "A Division" in a play in game for the last spot in the A division playoffs

This will allow for very few lopsided games such as a team of 10* players vsing a team of 7* players in the regular season, but will still give a low* team the chance to pull an upset and get in the A division playoffs.

Teams from the B division will be playing each other all season and getting games in vs equal competition and maybe have more motivation and build chemistry and then they get their 1 chance at the end to upset the lowest seeded playoff team from the A division, meanwhile if you have a high standard like you need 5 starters to average 8.5* or bettir to gain entry into the A division, you will get mostly good games and prevent Siege vs Paladen squash mitchis etc. It would make every mitch meaningful n give the girpigi teams something to play for all season

jus wanted to thriw this out there as it seems pretty iz to do and could work even if theres only 6 teams in the A division n 3 teams in the B division as well. i hope u could understand what i mean sry if i vs confusion
                Dude, give it up. It’s not even funny, it’s cringe. You type normally and mix in your retarded words randomly. Weirdo.

Comment

i haf 2 mix in rigilir english alonkside my speech imp1t1nc1 1ngl1sh when am vsink an actual idea, furthirmore cud u st8 ur aliasis if u r goink 2 make fun of my imp1t1nc1

Comment

TWL would be better if it started with playoffs instead of a useless regular season that only confirms what everyone already knows in terms of which teams are the good and which aren't. Double elimination tournament speeds things up nicely while keeping fluke weeks where people cant show or lag happens or something from ruining a season.
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                    X