Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zyclon
    Rob Zombie doesen`t do gothic metal thou
    Yes he does, all hes songs are about demons, devil etc... thats what really goth is (like manson in antichrist superstar), if you think evanscence is goth they really arent thats just the mtv style they put of her. Zombie is goth! even though hes not depressed or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
      White Zombie was sludge metal.
      Rob Zombie was just terrible.
      Do you know how many albums rob zombie sold and how huge he is?
      and what is sludge metal?
      If i was to call white zombie anything id call em probably experimental metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
        That movie was shit. Sad to say 28 days later was better than that waste of time. Maybe it will be good when Rob Zombie doesn't decide to spend the 25 dollar budget on a Spencer's shopping spree and a line of coke.
        28 days later was soooooooo boring in the first half of the film. And you cant compare the two! They are completely different styles in the horror genre.

Comment

When my goth friend read this thread, he laughed his ass off and called Enforcer an idiot. Just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
            When my goth friend read this thread, he laughed his ass off and called Enforcer an idiot. Just a heads up.
            Note to your goth friend, gothic is a board term and doesnt always refer to suicide and shit! And alot of my collection is of goth so if he laughed his whole lifestyle must be fucked!

Ranges from type o negative to the all mighty black sabbath! So obviously he doesnt know shit! Fact is Rob Zombie is definitively classic goth-heavy metal unlike any of the new shit you probably listen to and base your opinon around!

I find it hilarious that someone who claims to be goth and probably wears all the fucked up shit and gets his ass beaten in school because of his freakish look cant even tell the basic of this music which insipires his lifestyle!

Note:Just do us a favour and already commit suicide and stop talking about it or trying to scare us into thinking your so bad, really its just pathetic! And the real people who are laughing are laughing at you! I also bet the real members of the goth society are laughing at you cause i bet your one of those pesudo-goths who just pretend but really dont know shit! I know a few goths and they are extremely nice people and wouldnt laugh at anyone for stating their own opinons. Only the pathetic peusdo-goths that rely on thier image to make a statement and all they do is laugh at people rather than become productive are the ones that are laughed at by the real members of the goth society and the rest of the world! So thats what why i "laugh my ass off"! your no better than those wiggers who pretend to be black!
            Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-21-2004, 02:34 AM.

Comment

How is Rob Zombie not classic Goth-metal what the fact that he has a lyrical obession with horror and the dark side of religon, theaterical "skits" before and during each song, the frequent use of the meldromatic symphony like used in the early horror films combined with the loud and aggressive guitar riffs. Cause to me thats definition of goth-metal! So i dont know what the fuck you are going on about! Just go listen to your fucked up noise, put on your metal rings and face paint and think that your goth, without having the real knowlodge or heart of being goth! And when i see you down the street i will "laugh my ass off" okay?

Comment

Main Entry: Goth
                Pronunciation: 'gäth
                Function: noun

: a member of a Germanic people that overran the Roman Empire in the early centuries of the Christian era

:confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Alright, let's use albums sold as a metric for how good a band is. That makes Brittney Spears better than Rob Zombie. I'm pretty damn sure you aren't trying to say that. I'd use a better example, but I'm not sure where to get the information to make an accurate comparison. Anyway, Rob added nothing to what he had already done in white zombie. Instead he used watererdown "aggressive" riffs and then went over them with his sampler. Sorry, "Dragula" was a dissapointment for me, and everything after that was worse.

White Zombie isn't really "experimental" in the sense that I think. I usually associate that with prog metal or people doing REALLY different stuff. I'll certainly grant that they are alternative metal. Sludge Metal is basically a term created to explain what White Zombie is. Maybe I read the advert in BMG too many times.

As far as what is or what isn't "goth metal", let's first get an understanding up what "goth rock" is. Allmusic.com, my personal favorite site for music defintions/band history describes it as this:
                  Frequently misunderstood in its aesthetics and misapplied as a term, goth rock is an offshoot of post-punk that existed primarily during the early to mid-'80s ... Sonically, goth rock took the cold synthesizers and processed guitars of post-punk and used them to construct foreboding, sorrowful, often epic soundscapes. Early on, its lyrics were usually introspective and intensely personal, but its poetic sensibilities soon led to a taste for literary romanticism, morbidity, religious symbolism, and/or supernatural mysticism.
                  Allmusic also gives us a definition for goth metal:
                  Goth metal fuses the bleak, icy atmospherics of goth rock with the loud guitars and aggression of heavy metal, finding the middle ground between the two styles in a melodramatic sense of theater and lyrical obsessions with religion and horror.
                  So, why do I say Rob Zombie doesn't get to count as Goth Metal despite his themes of horror and generally being VERY VERY SCARY. Well, for starters there is nothing introspective about him. He's very much about B horror movies and the rediculous part of the scary. As for how he sounds, he is too agressive to be "foreboding", "bleak" or "icy". He's nothing like a Heavy Joy Division. Even comparing him to Type O Negative, one of the most famous Goth Metal bands, you can see the difference. Listen to Joy Divisions "Love will Tear us apart", then Type O's "Black #1" and then Rob Zombie's "Dragula". I think you'll see why I seperate them. He's alt metal who sometimes tries to sing about Goth.

Comment

Verthani do you own any rob zombie albums, cause the only song you seem to know is dragula which is alot different some other songs on hellibly deluxe especially the instrumental songs.
                    I admit hes alt metal, but in the broad range of goth he falls under it!

If you believe manson is goth than you have to believe rob zombie is
                    If you dont believe manson is goth (but shock Rock, which i dont believe is a genre) then your getting too specific for this music genre
                    Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-21-2004, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Goth rock/death punk/death rock: This is what gothic music started as, a darker form of punk rock music with a tendency toward misanthropy, the macabre, mystery and desolation. It grew into a distinct entity from the punk movement in the late 70's. Jodi mentioned to me that back then there were spooky punks and they just kept getting spookier and spookier. Originally what we now call Gothic music was called death rock and its listeners death rockers, especially in the UK. It wasn't until the mid to late eighties that it was called Gothic. Gothic rock is characterized by the music of Christian Death (who were the first notable US death rock outfit), The Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus, for example. It usually contains the hard guitars typical of rock music, but with a more apocalyptic flair and a certain theatricality of the band. Gothic rock is very different from heavy metal and death metal although you will find some confusion regarding that point. Gothic music in its narrowest definition only consists of this music type

From-http://www.darkwaver.com/subculture/music-description.php
                      To me that sounds like Rob Zombie in and out!

http://psychopixi.com/Goth/types.htm- this site (under goth-rock) says although was traditionally introspective now a days it doesnt have to be!
                      Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-21-2004, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I understand what you are saying, that goth is It's about depression/despair/loss/darkness/lonliness, and things of that nature with much heart and soul however goth has become too big and has developed more than that.

I believe that Rob Zombie has created a genre that has evenly crossed over Goth and Heavy Metal. And i think its unfair to call bands like him Heavy Metal because all heavy metal sounds differently to him.
                        I reckon goth started with the song Black sabbath and if you believe that then you have to believe Rob Zombie has some goth in him at the very least.
                        Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-21-2004, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Best thread ever.
                          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

THE ENFORCER is definately a new Forum Talent...I hardly can wait to see more from this guy
                            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

aaw i was offline while this thread unfurled
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Yea, and you have to be on Prozac/Zoloft in order to be a "goth."

Fer shizzle dizzle. I lizzle the gothizzleszsxs!

EDIT: Did you go to mardi gras jerome? LMAO
                                http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
                                ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

Working...
                                X