There should be a Best <shipname> Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be a Best <shipname> Award

Ok, there should be an award for like, say the best Terrier in the pub. Hire a few people to just sit there all day and watch specific ships, then tell the person giving out the awards who was the best in what pub, then say at the end of every month or so, or year, or whatever, someone announces who the best ship was, like say there should be one for the best warbird, jav, spider, all the ships, every one. I think it'd be cool, people would really try harder.
    I own a website....
    I own a forum....
    That's all I own....
    It's so pathetic....
    <muffled sobs>
    :(

That's quite possibly the stupidest idea ive ever heard.
    there are so many reasons why that wouldnt work im not even gonna bother saying them. But hell, dont let someone like me stop you, if you truly believe its a good idea, then go and do something about it!
    I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

he pitched the idea to me first. he said he was drunk.
      DELETED

Comment

Harsh, but i think it'd work. It isn't that bad of an idea, and it would work it there would good people who actually put time into it.
        Last edited by Chad; 03-24-2004, 03:52 AM.
        I own a website....
        I own a forum....
        That's all I own....
        It's so pathetic....
        <muffled sobs>
        :(

Comment

? This is useless, why do we need awards?
          TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
          TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
          Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
          1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
          4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
          1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

We don't need another form of catagorising people by skill and massaging egos
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

No one is going to sit there watching people fly around in pub all day to rate them.
              sdg

Comment

lol, dumb idea, perhaps he wants to do it himself.

yeah do that urslef, and make an unofficial award lol
                Code:
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                1:lnx> kk
                1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

heres just a couple reasons why this isnt such a great idea.

1. like stabwound said, nobody is going to sit around and watch people all day

2. Its pub, most of the best players dont even try here, so giving an award to some newb who pubs a lot in a wb will just uselessly boost his ego.

3. It would be all opinionated. Unless some genius invents a bot that can actually measure the skill of players.

4. These hired people (if you actually got anyone to do that) could easily be corrupt and say the name of his friend, one of his aliases, etc.

5. People switch ships too often in pub, rarely anyone actually focusses on one ship.

6. Even if you had people speccing everyone, theres no possible way that they could see every single player in every single ship.

7. It would be completely pointless if a good player came in who usually doesnt play pub, and just owns everyone else. basically, there wouldnt be much competition.

I think a good idea, which is kind of a modification of your idea would be to get a bot to measure the highest bounties of the ships in pub. Then every week it will keep track of the players that attain the highest bounty in a certain ship. And then they will be announced, there might be some competition for that.

Another idea I like, which happens in EG, is getting prizes for winning events. Lets say you win elim, or zombies. You get a prize you can use in pub. Such as an extra 10000 points, or maybe infinte repels for one life. Or maybe for one life you get a super fast recharge. or maybe even getting prox :eek: . I think this would be pretty cool if someone wants to rec in pub.

There are obviously lots of flaws in both of these ideas, but i think if they were done properly, they could both work. Though lots of people dont want trenchwars changed, so im not sure how those ideas would fly with most trenchers.
                  I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Although I respect bob's effort in displaying the many reasons why this is a dumb idea, this thread is still useless crap.
                    TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
                    qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
                    3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

You're not mean't to say thats a dumb idea, as ultimate head of public relations between staff and public you're meant to thank him for his time in thinking up an idea nad actually posting it, and say you'll discuss it with the rest of staff

I just dropped my highlighter and I can't find it

Comment

(mental Image of Zues highlighting sentences of this thread with highlighter pen)

Originally posted by Disliked
                        Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                          You're not mean't to say thats a dumb idea, as ultimate head of public relations between staff and public you're meant to thank him for his time in thinking up an idea nad actually posting it, and say you'll discuss it with the rest of staff

I just dropped my highlighter and I can't find it
                          (stares at Zeus!! with lethal intent)

Oh btw, did you find your highlighter? And you do know you're not supposed to use those things on your monitor, right?
                          TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
                          qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
                          3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

Ho ho ho! Not only did I find my highlighter BUT I DID ALL ME SEMINAR PREP WORK, HAVE THAT GRAHAM ATTENBOROUGH

Comment

"Of course I want to sit in the spec all day and see who's the best player in the pub!"
                              Regency> not in for dd lol
                              Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

Working...
                              X