I need a DVD decoeder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a DVD decoeder.

Hey all I just bought a used DVD rom for 15 CND and after the install it tells me I need a decoder and its gunna cost me. Can any one help me out. Know where I can download one or do I actually have to buy the decoder.
    "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Unless you have a really fast system you'll have to buy one. Most modern video cards come with onboard decoders now, so you'll probably end up buying a new vid card.

I bought my POS video card around 3 years ago and it came with dvd decoding.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

KontroLz> afk, enema
    Oen Izan> yes I am , buy a me a happy meal , you score :X
    Oen Izan> you know I dont do one night stands
    Oen Izan> cuz if ya puttin out , I am coming back

Comment

Where can I buy one then?

Comment

He's not needing a hardware MPEG2 decoder, if I'm reading this right. The problem he's running into is that you need a DVD player program (PowerDVD, WinDVD, etc) to supply the CSS crap so you can watch DVD movies.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
          He's not needing a hardware MPEG2 decoder, if I'm reading this right. The problem he's running into is that you need a DVD player program (PowerDVD, WinDVD, etc) to supply the CSS crap so you can watch DVD movies.

Thanks man. I will post the link later to make sure but I will go look for those now.

Comment

If you mean to play .avi's i use FFDshow for video and a filter pack for sound.
            I can e-mail them to you or if you have AIM...
            Merf. <_<

Comment

I use PowerDVD...it's the best
              I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

www.divx-digest.com for all sorts o' codecz and shiz
                jee

Comment

i tried powerdvd but i didn't like it, i'm usin windvd now and i like it.

i had the same problem u did. i upgraded to xp, and of course MS isn't going to do anything cool like give you free codecs when they know u'll prolly pay them for them (fuckin bastard bill gates), and my old vid card was so old it didn't have support for xp.

i was assed out, till my friend zipped windvd and the registration hack. it works fine, and i love that product. if you can find it free somewhere, it should do the trick. maybe suprnova might have it.

Comment

Working...
                  X