NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs

I've got Indy, Detroit, Miami, and the Knicks coming out of the first round in the east and Minnesota, Lakers, Mavericks, and.... shit, i'm undecided on Memphis/San An- I want to pick Memphis but I worry that it's my desire for upsets and possible over-respect for some of their players that's driving that.

What do you guys say? any interesting matchups? starbury vs. kidd is a big deal- i'm in NYC right now so it's a big deal for these guys, that miami vs. New Orleans series could be cool- shame about mash, obviously the mavericks vs. sacto queens series has potential to be one of the most fun to watch series' in years.
    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

i'm a kings fan, so i've been bummin heading into the playoffs. the kings are in total disarray. however, despite losing 8 of their last 12 games heading into the playoffs, when they are in sync, they can beat anyone... with anyone. and we know dallas plays no defense anyway, so i think the kings have a shot at beating the mavs and coming out of the first round. really, i could go on and on, but i'll stop there for the time being.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    my first round picks for the west:

t-wolves(1) over nuggets(8)
    kings(4) over mavs(5)
    spurs(3) over grizz(6)
    lakers(2) over houston(7)

Leastern conference picks:

pacers(1) over celtics(8)
    heat(4) over hornets(5)
    pistons(3) over bucks(6)
    nets(2) over knicks(7)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    upset specials:
    mavs over kings, and knicks over nets.

i think the mavs have a shot at unseeding the kings because sacramento has been struggling and injury riddled, and they look pretty heartless at the worst possible time. but at least the game will be fun to watch.

also, i think the knicks have a shot at taking out the nets because both kenyan martin and jason kidd are playing with knee injuries. however, houston and baker's injuries might offset this factor, but hey. i think they have a longshot at the upset if marbury and company "take it to another level" (as steffon likes to say), and exploit the injuries to New Jersey's key duo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    conference finals picks:
    spurs over the t-wolves
    pacers over pistons

assuming there are no significant injuries in the playoffs, i'm picking the spurs to win it again this year. they have the total package: depth, defense, offense, experience, and heart. but i think the t-wolves will see them in the conference finals. garnett is finally getting out of the first round.

out of the east, i think it's a toss up between the pistons and indiana. they both look good right now. i think they're definitely going to meet each other in (L)eastern conference finals.

pick for 2004 nba champion?
    San Antonio Spurs

Comment

I don't think the mavs beating the kings would be a huge upset, they're both pretty similar teams and the mavs are better than their seed.

The Spurs to win it all eh? That's the last of the "big teams" i'd call out of the west.
      Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Lakers or Kings are winning it all.
        DELETED

Comment

I think the person who scores the most baskets will win.
          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
          cool koen> :)
          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
          cool koen> not because of a bug
          EvoLd> Lol
          Treachery> meh
          EvoLd> why then?
          PubAceR> women in power dont last
          EvoLd> LOl
          toaster oven reviews

Comment

I bet $5 that a team is going to win and I bet another $5 that someone is cheering a team on.
            GO LEAFS GO!
            Inspriational Songs for Subspace:
            Duran Duran - Reflex

Inspirational Songs for TW forums:
            Tears for Fears - Shout

Comment

I hate the NBA.
              Pacers / T'Wolves in the finals
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

There's one team in the East that believes they can win it all. The Detroit Pistons. They're the East's only real chance, assuming you guys saw the last Pistons vs. Pacers game. Blowout, Indy scored 61. 61?!

The West will probably win, but I think the Palace will be a hard place for any team in the West to play. It takes more than just points to win. Detroit has a hard time against the flashy, quick teams, but I think San Antonio can take them out cuz they play defense. It'll come down to Minnesota and S.A. I'd take the Spurs there.

My bold prediction (and dream) is Pistons over Spurs in 5 games. The Pistons can beat them, and they've shown it. With the Wallace brothers, and the amazing backcourt defense, Detroit can win this year. And then re-sign Rasheed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                  I hate the NBA.
                  Pacers / Lakers in the finals
                  I JUST WANT TO EDIT HIS QUOTE GOD DAMMIT
                  5:gen> man
                  5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

wo0t! sacramento kings held on to win game 2 of their 1st round matchup against the dallas mavericks.

looks like so far, no upsets at all. all the teams have won their homegames. and considering how good sacramento and new jersey looked in their first two games, it's not likely that they will get knocked out in the opening round. i would expect detroit to be pumped up and prepared for an all out physical war against them in the second round. that's gonna be some hard fouling basketball.

at the end of tuesday 4-20-04, the standings are as follows:

western conference
                    Wolves 1, Nuggets 0
                    Lakers 2, Rockets
                    Spurs 2, Grizzlies 0
                    Kings 2, Mavericks 0

eastern conference
                    Pacers 2, Celtics 0
                    Nets 2, Knicks 0
                    Pistons 1, Bucks 0
                    Heat 1, Hornets 0

Comment

well, so far, only the bucks have been able to muster a win against the higher seed. i still don't think they have what it takes to knock out the pistons.

the kings won again, so they're now 2 up v dallas. if they can steal one of the next two games on the road, it's almost impossible they won't make it to the next round. they're proving their critics wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X