Pogs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pogs!

Anyone ever play POGs when they were a kid? It was the big fad here about 6-7 years ago. I have at least 1000 POGs of all kinds and at least 40 slammers. It was the best game ever, but everyone kinda quit playing it after they banned it from our school.

We didn't exactly play the way you are supposed to. We did it like this: both players would put down 1 of their own POGs face down on top of each other. You would take turns hitting the pile with a slammer (basically a heavier circle the same size as the POGs). Whoever flipped them both over first won and got to keep both POGs. Basically gambling; no wonder they banned it from school.

Anyone else used to play this? It used to be huge here.
    sdg

Stabwound, that IS the official way to play. Other than collecting that's what they're for. Cept I was more of a collector, none of my slammers 1) touched my official ones, 2) I used bigfoot slammers for games (its this thick ass bubble gum smelling soft slammer).

Was more fun ripping people off on trades. Ahh, the satisfaction of success was so easily pleased back then.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

All the websites I read say you were supposed to put down like 6 pogs and take turns, and you get more points or something for every one that flips over or something. I dunno.
      sdg

Comment

nah, fortunately i missed out on the pogs craze. we had garbage pail kids though. much more punk than pogs.

Comment

holy shit I remember those. my friends and I dorked out on that fo sho
          DELETED

Comment

The way I played was each person put 5 face down. Initially there would be a round to see who would go first, both players took a turn to try an flip as many as possible, whoever got the most right side up got to go first. Then, the person who goes first slams it and gets whichever ones turns up, and this goes on until all 10 are gone.
            sage

Comment

It came to Finland like..ya, 7 years ago? However I've always been more mature for my age so I never liked it, I just stood next to my friends who played it, and laughed at them.
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Unfortunately, I have to admit, when I was like 11 I played that shit :\
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                3:Best> see it coming
                3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
                  It came to Finland like..ya, 7 years ago? However I've always been more mature for my age so I never liked it, I just stood next to my friends who played it, and laughed at them.
                  lies, u never had the money to buy them

ive still got some pogs in a box in the attic somewhere, never really got into it tho.
                  Displaced> I get pussy every day
                  Displaced> I'm rich
                  Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                  Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                  Thors> prolly
                  Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

I still have a Green Mage POG and a Big-Thumb slammer in a case in my room for collectables.. It's so fun relating back in the days..

Comment

I just collected them...even had a pog maker....then....they disappeared and i quit playing with them >.>

Comment

I stole them and sold them;

'pog' became a swear word in my school and if you used it you'd get DT'ed. pricks.

Comment

ROFL :x

Comment

Originally posted by Gemfire
                            I just collected them...even had a pog maker....then....they disappeared and i quit playing with them >.>
                            Yeah haha I had a pog maker too. I got it for Christmas with like 200 extra blank pog thingies but I only made like 15 and never used it again.
                            sdg

Comment

Lol, same...well....more like under 10 because i lost the rest:P (actually i think my mom threw it away on me, Lol...im glad she did now that i think of it:P

Comment

Working...
                              X