Cops beat their kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops beat their kids?

Today I was informed that beating your kids is A-O.K. in Texas. My dad threw me through a wall and so I decided to go to a friend's house for the night. My dad proceeded to call the nice officers. The first officer pulled up and was giving me a speech about how I can't "run away" and it's not legal since I'm under age. I said "ok". Then the other officer pulled up to um, give back up for a 16 year old kid half a block away from his house? So I finally decided to tell the kind officer that my dad kicked my ass and threw me through a wall. He informed me that it's ok to beat your kids as long as there is no long term physical damage. After his little speech about Texas being a such a great state because you can beat your kids etc, etc..this great guy told me about how he beats his kids.

So why wouldn't I laugh in his face? I mean thats funny to beat your kids and all. He grabbed my arm firmly and said in a meanie stern voice "your just a little punk!" and he threw me at his hood. He told me to take off my bags. Then I guess he realized he was a dick and decided not to arrest me.

I LOVE COPS!

louisiana's about a good day's walk from austin, i go there alot. not to sound stalkerish but if you're ever in a fix, you dig?
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Would it hurt to say that I was the cop?
      Free as the wind in this broken land!
      Run, Fly, and Live for the mission!

Comment

If your the kind of cop auraz is speaking about you should be jailed.

Comment

i'm sorry that you have to deal with that kind of shit. sometimes parents can be fucked up beyond belief.

if you haven't already considered it, maybe think about talking to your school counselor. keep in mind, if they're told about some illegal behavior, they're supposed to report it to social services (at least out here in cali), and then you're back into square one. so don't be straight up about it. just ask questions like...i have a friend who told me his dad is kicking his ass, and what are this guy's legal options, what should he do...etc. and the counselor will probably take into consideration that it's probably you that is "the friend". so it's up to you to be cautious when describing the situation. if you want to keep it private, no matter what, don't admit it's you.

here's a number for a texas youth hotline---888-580-help (4357) also, for texas, they have another number: 800-210-2278

another option, if you have an aunt or uncle you trust, or other close family member who isn't gonna automatically side with your dad, maybe you could talk to them. or maybe talk to a friend, or a friend's parent.

i'm sure you've probably considered these options already, but just in case, that's a start. good luck.

Comment

Im not against spanking etc but throwing someone into a wall is alittle harsh. Although i had this really fucked up teacher that if you got something wrong he made you hit your head against the wall infront of the class !-luckily i didnt get anything wrong.

Another question:What did you do that caused your father to re-act that way?
            Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 05-11-2004, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Heh, your father is just lucky that you guys dont live up here in North Dakota....Hed get his ass kicked for such violence....oh, and btw....next time -- KICK HIS ASS.

Comment

<joke>Cops says "beating your kids swiftly is a-okay". Nothing says I love you like beating them in the face with a sack of oranges, it will keep them in line and wont bruise deeply. </cops is joking>.

edit: Auraz this is a serious situation and I understand what you're saying, try to get some help. No one has the right to treat you the way you're saying he does. I'd drop my dad before I'd let him touch me, not that I don't love my dad but it's just I'm not going to get hurt over anything. Sorry this happened to you and hopefully you can get yourself out of your current situation.
                Last edited by Cops; 05-11-2004, 12:56 AM.
                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

How can anyone say that spanking is ok? No one has the right to physically abuse someone else whether its their own kid or not, and an adult hitting a child is just cowardly.

Comment

You should be able to beat your kids if they deserve it. Timmy came home with 3 D's and an F? Throw him down the stairs. Sally came home pregnant again? Put your boots on and kick her in the stomach.
                    sdg

Comment

Damn auraz, sorry to hear about that, but keep this in mind:

When I was younger (18), my ex's (17) dad punched her in the face and she ran away to my house. When her parents got wind of it, they called the cops, and they made their way to my house. To make a long story short, I swiftly found out that taking anyone in who's underage, no matter the situation or relation, is considered harboring a runaway and has stiff penalties.

Not to sound like a dick or anything, but you can end up incriminating anyone you're staying w/.

Anyways wish you the best.
                      :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

I have seen worse, I mean kids these days walk all over their parents, I'm not saying this about you, auraz but what kids need is good fucking discipline, and this is coming from me who's only 15. Yes 'beating'; your kids is harsh, it depends on how you decide what is discipline and what is beating, but good, stern discipline teaches the kids on what is right and what is wrong, I reckon a good load of the murderers of today were poorly disciplined when they were young.

You actually went through the wall? Did he shoot you out of a cannon or something?
                        Last edited by Mr. Peanuts; 05-11-2004, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amok
                          How can anyone say that spanking is ok? No one has the right to physically abuse someone else whether its their own kid or not, and an adult hitting a child is just cowardly.
                          Either your a real dumbass or your confusing the term spanking with excessive violence. Spanking is ok and is not cowardly little kids respond to such actions (i.e causing no long term damage and minimising the pain) then past a certain age spanking isnt worthwhile as reasoning with the child prevails. Most parents respond out of love and care for the child so where you got the idea cowardly from i dont know.

Comment

Firstly, don't call anyone a dumbass if you don't know the difference between your and you're. (I don't see how anyone can attend University without knowing something this simple).
                            Secondly, if you were a parent, you have no damn right to hit your kid. If you can't get the point across to your child using words and have to resort to violence, then your parenting needs work.
                            Last edited by Amok; 05-11-2004, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I strongly disagree, Amok, spanking your kid teaches them right and wrong, actions are stronger than words so therefore the child will learn quicker and remember the consequences next time.

I was spanked as a kid when I did wrong, it never hurt me, it only did me good and I am thankful that I'm not one of those kids who disrespects their parents and walks all over them.

Comment

Working...
                              X