Team Canada World Cup 2004 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitch
    But Reghyr shouldn't be on there. He's simply not good enough as a defenseman. Isn't that the first black player on the Canada team? Maybe that's what they're going for. Integration in hockey. ROFL. There are so many better defensemen in the NHL/AHL/ and the Finnish leagues from Canada that deserve that spot.
    Um... Regehr's not black.

Perhaps you're thinking of Jerome Iginla. In any case, Grant Fuhr is black and he won two Canada Cups (the old name for the World Cup).

Comment

No bertuzzi, no Keith Premieau which is REALL dumb. I'm glad Redden is there, but some of the top 6 "set" defencemen don't belong there.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
        will be funny. could someone hook me up with how this tournament is gonna work out tho? Is it only going to be played in big Europe rinks and where will the games be played? in each nation like a home and away game stlye? wtfz

This tournament is a joint venture of the NHL and the NHLPA, to be played in North America on North American rinks with NHL rules. The World Cup of Hockey was formerly known as the Canada Cup and the brainchild of controversial hockey figure Alan Eagleson.

Comment

Im not sure trollking. I read somewhere that Sweden will be playing some games at home in Stockholm with the bigger rinks and if they reach the semi finals they will be played in north america with NHL rules...

true false?
          Originally posted by Tyson
          There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
          Originally posted by HeavenSent
          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
          Originally posted by Izor
          Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Ah, yes, I was mistaken. The preliminary round will be separated by continents with a European Division (Czech Republic, Sweden, Finland and Germany) and a North American Division (Canada, USA, Russia and Slovakia), with games played in arenas on each division's own continent. They might be playing with European rinks in the Euro division, but according to the website, the rink dimensions are listed in NHL regulation size. Since they are playing with NHL rules (e.g. no two-line passes) I'd assume they'd be using NHL sized rinks.

Comment

I'm quoting something I heard on TSN the day the announced possible candidates for the world cup there, " its a real shame canada couldn't have 2 teams, theres just too many good players to choose from " :up:
              what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
              http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
                Yzerman has always been my favorite NHL player. He has loyalty towards his team...for how many seasons has he played for red wings? Isn't it like 18 seasons in a row? Oldschool playa!
                I might be wrong but I could of sworn he played for the Islanders not too long ago (8 years or something)
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                ---A few minutes later---
                9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                9:Kim> UM
                9:Kim> i didn't
                9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                9:pascone> lol?

Comment

You're wrong. 8 years ago would be just before Yzerman led the Wings to his first cup. Yzerman holds the record right now the longest tenure as captain of his team, being named captain in '86 for the team that drafted him a few years earlier. He's never played for any other NHL team, including the Islanders.

Of course, I'm sure than anyone who played for the Islanders 8 years ago would like to claim they never played for them either.

Comment

hah I'm related to one, Bill Berg
                    what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                    http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Cool. He formed a great grinder line with Zezel and Osbourne in Toronto.

Comment

Yeah you got me troll. I was seeing if anyone would notices (I was stoned out of my mind at the time as well). Probably thought it would be cool.

Anyway, Sakic will win it for the Canadians.

Comment

Working...
                        X