Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

I was wondering what everyone else thought about this album, cause its quite a weird one, to me. But, I think it's pretty good. Not something I'd listen to in my car, but something to have goin in my room.
    DELETED

Ahhhh just heard a few songs, quite good if you're into strumming indie rock, vocals are a bit crap though...
    Last edited by Mr. Peanuts; 05-24-2004, 03:53 AM.

Comment

yea, the vocals suck, but got a couple of nice songs with good instrumental.
      bzi aka balm.
      Retired for 1 and a half years, now i'm back to own you once again.

Comment

Are you talking about the grey album?

Comment

"F1047 0n" 0wnZ j00.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
            Are you talking about the grey album?
            No, that's DJ Danger Mouse.
            :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

That is the dumbest band ever =/
              http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
              ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

Originally posted by iLDuce
                No, that's DJ Danger Mouse.
                Dah, the title may be a pun.

Comment

I love Modest Mouse, have since the beginning. Their latest isn't their greatest in my opinion, but it's still damn good nonetheless.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

They've sold out and dumbed down their shit so every johnny liberal can like them. Same thing to a less of a degree happened with the moon and antartica, that's why they decided to re-release it. Jeremiah Green (the original drummer) saw this shit happening and that's why he left.
                    [EDIT: In case it wasn't clear to you, Good news for people who love bad news is horrible]
                    sage

Comment

Fuck that, it's a good album.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I never liked their old stuff that much, but I'm a fan of this album. The problem with indie rock fans (and I'm guilty of this) is that once a band starts getting popular and more well known, a large percentage of the fans turn on them just because they'll lose super-indie-rock-credits if they listen to something more than 5 people know about. Don't be afraid to like some popular music, guys. It's not ALL trash.

Sincerely,
                        Johnny Liberal
                        PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

float is a good song, the rest are nothing special. they hit their peak with moon & antarctica in my stupid opinion.
                          Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                          Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by triceratops
                            float is a good song, the rest are nothing special. they hit their peak with moon & antarctica in my stupid opinion.

I disagree.. I think lonesome crowded west was the best album, with moon & antarctica and this new one somewhere near a tie.
                            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

It's a good album.. "The Ocean Breathes Salty" is my favorite song. All you haters go back to your Linkin Park albums and leave us alone.
                              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                              X