spike jonze...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spike jonze...

anyone like his work? he's directed such works as "being john malkovich", "adaptation", and a shitload of music videos for band like the beastie boys, bjork, and chemical brothers.

anyway, i remembered him when he used to do be a photographer for skate mags in the early 90s, then i later heard he was in the movies and thought it was a wierd transition.

but anyway, i just rented "the work of director spike jonze" and enjoyed it. it's mostly just his music vids, but has some commentary from the bands. it has a 30 min or so commentary by the beastie boys, which i thought was pretty cool.

then i rented "yeah right", which was a video he directed for The Girl Skate Team. that was fuckin awesome. great skating, great camera work, and had some seriously funny segments in it. owen wilson has a cameo in it where he acts like a skater, and...well...you just have to see it.

anyway, if you like spike jonze, the beastie boys, and skateboarding, you should check out these two dvd's.

Produces Jackass too.. IMDB is such a great site.

Comment

He did those two Fatboyslim videos, Praise You and Weapon of Choice. (He is
      the main guy in Praise You)

~Ewan
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Both of those were excellent. Who doesn't like seeing Christopher Walken flying around a hotel lobby? Jonze also did Weezer's Buddy Holly, which remains my favourite video of all time. I'm not sure if many of you remember, but Jonze also did the video for the Chemical Brother's Elecktrobank which featured Sofia Coppola as a gymnast.

Comment

I remember that one, I'd say the Weapon of Choice video is the best.

Comment

Weapon of Choice was an excellent video, which can't be said for most of the stuff made on the assembly line today.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

i don't know if you guys saw his video for the pharcyde, but he shoots it all backwards, and it looks very very trippy. the vid is for the song called "drop".

wow, i had no idea that was sofia coppola. she looked hot in that video. i saw her at the oscars, and well...meh.

Comment

Working...
              X