GunBound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhaTz
    It's to make your sentence a statement; "ah" could be add'd instead of "la" for exclamation; "ma" could be add'd to become a question. There's many more, such as "ba" "bor" "jet" etc, but "la" is the most commonly used.

Right. It's kind of like how in English you raise your voice up slightly when asking a question, and make other such tonal changes depending on the context of what you're saying. In Chinese, the words themselves already rely heavily on those tones, so they add a syllable at the end to do the adjusting. If you changed the tone of the words in the actual sentence, you might change the meaning of the word itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
      Right. It's kind of like how in English you raise your voice up slightly when asking a question, and make other such tonal changes depending on the context of what you're saying. In Chinese, the words themselves already rely heavily on those tones, so they add a syllable at the end to do the adjusting. If you changed the tone of the words in the actual sentence, you might change the meaning of the word itself.
      That's why poetry in Cantonese is so much more in depth than poetry in any other language/dialect.

(cuz cantonese has a max. of 9 tones as oppose to 4 in mandarin)

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
        I played a lot for about a month, maybe two. then I reformatted my hard drive and I felt no need to put gunbound back on it. It just isn't interesting after awhile.
        Hey! That happened to me with Subspace! Except for the reformatting part.
        heh
        |
        Spam me, Im bored: Sleepsmokr0001@yahoo.com
        Selex - (Early) 2000 - (Mid) 2004 Retiree!(July 25)
        [Spastic]
        --:fear:--

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
          I play with my friends, cause the game's community is total shit. All it is, is a bunch of white kids ending all their sentances with "lah" so they can pretend to be from Singapore.

User: DameonAngell
          im flying to singapore tomorrow to play gunbound...

Comment

i hate GB pubbers
            DELETED

Comment

And I hate people bringing up dead threads
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Selex
                Hey! That happened to me with Subspace! Except for the reformatting part.
                heh
                So you coming back or something?

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                And I hate people bringing up dead threads
                So you closing this or something?
                Originally posted by paradise!
                pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                1:Reaver> HALP
                1:Reaver> HELELP
                1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Working...
                X