One Year Ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Ago

One year ago today, I woke from a pleasant slumber, just like any other day. It was 7:30 am Central Time, and I went through my normal routine of showering and breakfast before work. I left my home at 8:10 am, hopped in my car and started off to work. Just like any other day.

This turned out to be not just any other normal day in my life. This day, September 11, 2001 changed me forever. I turned on my radio in the middle of a local radio DJ reading news copy on the events unfolding in New York City. At that point I thought to myself how horrible it must have been for an airplane to accidentally crash into the World Trade Center. It was't but 5 minutes later that news came from Washington DC that an airplane had crashed into the Pentagon. A few minutes after that, we were told that a second airplane had crashed into the other World Trade Center tower.

At that time I felt true mortal fear for the first time in my life. Before my eyes, the very structure of protection I had come to know, toppled like a house of cards in a breeze. We, as Americans, had been attacked. At that time by unknown foes, later to be found out as al-Qaeda. Live before my very eyes, I watched people die, my fellow countrymen suffer, and my ideal of a safe home shattered. That day 3000 people lost their lives, 3000 people whose memory will stay with me forever.

Now, it is one year later. The world has again changed, pitting man against man in such futile efforts that are so typical of our human history. I will never forget what happened that day, as will many of you, regardless of your nationality or origin will ever forget such an event as this, or one that happened on your own soil.

What I ask next is simple, and not hard to understand or comply to. All of you out there, that may hold some type of rash judgment or need to baselessly insult the events of this day, remember that people died in this tragedy. People who may have had absolutely nothing to do with the events that provoked such a response. People who that morning awoke ksssing their husbands, wives, and children goodbye before they went off to their impending doom. People who died because of a fanatical belief that death is the only true way to resolve conflict.

Please refrain from the standard heartless and thoughtless attitude that has plagued these boards when it comes to a topic of serious conversation. Remember that this was a horrible event, and regardless of who you are, where your country is, and what your government may have done... you are still equally as vulnerable as we, and such horrors can occur to you at any time.

Remember the people. Remember the day. Remember we are all one people, and nothing will ever change that.
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

My mother woke me up and said "There is some serious shit going down. They crashed a plane into the WTC." I didn't believe her. I woke up and stared at the television. I watched the second tower fall. I wanted to be sick. I knew people in New York. Were they all right? I'd never been scared before. I was then.

Now... I still feel sick, but like many people I'm trying to not think of it. Being constantly barraged with images. At work, at school, at home - everywhere you looked, the horrible pictures. The horrible screaming voices in videos. I try to not think of the pain and the scars and the bad people who want to do mean things to us. The only thing we can do is fight back or pretend like we're still normal. Is it callous of me to act natural? Maybe. We all have different ways of coping. Mine is mine, yours is yours. Don't be assholes and make a joke of it.

I don't have a lot to say. I just felt I should throw in my two cents, since everyone else is.
    Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

I came home from college, some1 told me on the ent, didnt believe them till they put on the news, then lost all interest, just liek these ever increasing "9/11" threads

Comment

I bet they will make a wtc forum soon.

And no, the world is not one people, stop kidding yourself. There were 4 kinds of people that day, those who felt sorry, those who knew but didn't care, those who knew and had a laugh about it and those who didn't know.
        Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

This is my first post in the new message board . Pusher, i agree completely with what you said. Time and time again it has been proved that some human beings show remarkably little compassion if the tragedy dosnt concern them. Had Finland lost its 5 storey Finland Trade Center ( for those who cannot see the sarcasm, HA HA HA!), you bet your ass bilbo would have been talkin about bringing on the death star.
          Life is worth living, so live it to the fullest

Comment

For the record Bilbo is from Sweden, but the point remains the same. I wrote this thread for two reasons: to share my story, and to either give the forum members a chance to redeem themselves or just continue to show how naive they really are.
            Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

I am not from sweden, I just live there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo
                I am not from sweden, I just live there.
                I stand corrected.

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

I just hate being called a swede, its like an american hates being called a canuck and the other way around.

Comment

Thank you for making another post on the same fucking topic.
                    Move on with your lives, get over it. Theres some advice for ya that you might want to use.

Comment

I was in 4th period when it happened. My teacher heard it from another teacher, and turned on the TV. I was truly shocked, for probably the first and last time in my life. I live like 10 miles from the Pentagon and my dad works for the government, so it hit pretty close to home. I remember a kid made a truly tasteless joke, something like "Oh my god, my dad is dead!" and then started laughing. I actually think I may have killed him, if nobody else had been in the classroom.

Edit: Nice post Pusher.
                      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows Fall
                        Move on with your lives, get over it.
                        Exactly, moaning doesnt bring them back does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                          I was in 4th period when it happened. My teacher heard it from another teacher, and turned on the TV. I was truly shocked, for probably the first and last time in my life. I live like 10 miles from the Pentagon and my dad works for the government, so it hit pretty close to home. I remember a kid made a truly tasteless joke, something like "Oh my god, my dad is dead!" and then started laughing. I actually think I may have killed him, if nobody else had been in the classroom.

Edit: Nice post Pusher.
                          Yeah I remember that shit Mattey. I think it might have been Joe Pham. Anyways I remember when I saw the towers fall, we were sittin up in Latin, I remember thinkin that this attack would just blow over and the fires would be put out. It was crazy.
                          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

People who play this game are sick. Who gives a shit if it didnt do anything to u? Maybe it did something to us... No wonder USA is the only "Super Power" remaining on Earth. All the other countries could care less about other countries having 3000 people killed. They just go about there lives, and whats sad, is they can laugh about it. Im sure if your family died right now noone would laugh, unless your a relative of Bilbo who finds comedy in death. And if your sick of these thread you dont have to read them.
                            :yawn:

Comment

the sad fact is the terrorist fuckers have already won. we're on our way to a locked down police state by 2010. say goodbye to your freedoms people.
                              'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                              sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Working...
                              X