Favorite Old Board Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Old Board Games

Today I was bored because it was raining outside and I went up to my attic to see all my shitty toys when I was a toddler and I found my board games collection. I then found my favorite board game of all time Axis and Allies. This game was so great and is still great. Its a game where you have up to 5 players 3v2. If your axis(Germany, Japan) you want to conquer the allies and if your the allies(Britan,US,Russia). You want to stop the axis from doing so. Its pretty much like Risk, but you have more then just one type of unit/upgrades. Each country usually has a specific tasks not written, but they always end up doing so. Like Russia for example probaly has the lowest amount of troops and you just want to keep Russia alive until US/Britain come to your aid. Germany is attacking all the allies and Japan is usually attacking the US. All ships have the advantages and disadvantages. The game is pure stratgey and luck is also ideal in this game. Since you use a dice to see if u land hits on the enemy and vice versa. Ive had a lot of fun with this game because when I usually play I like being Japan or United States. Usually my crew of friends always fighted over being Germany, but no one ever wanted to be Russia. Russia is really frustrating if Germany and Japan is flanking you and you have no defence and Britain and US isnt really helping. I am probaly the worst at being Germany because I just cant have multi stratgeys at once while attacking 20+ locations and have a stratgey to go with it. I can mumble on about this game for hours, but I am just wandering if you guys still play your favorite boardgames and what are they

This is my favorite board game whats yours?

Nothing beats a round of Trivial Pursuit.
    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Monopoly
      Ludo

Comment

Risk is the be all and end all of amazing board games. No other game combines hundreds upon hundreds of dice rolls with the fun of manipulating the other players into killing each other off

Comment

Do Pen and Paper RPG's count as board games? If not, then I don't like any board games.
          The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Monopoly is my all-time favorite

risk is probably second.

I'm with EiG, manipulating the other people playing makes a game extra fun. Being informed and knowing which properties are best and taking advantage of the ignorance of others who think boardwalk is the greatest, makes monopoly extra fun.

Risk is fun to play once in awhile. In order to play risk well, you need to do some backstabbing, and if you play all the time, and play to win, people stop trusting you. I guess a truly great risk player would be able to backstab without being completely blatant, and keep people trusting you game after game. I'm probably not that good at it.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon
              Do Pen and Paper RPG's count as board games? If not, then I don't like any board games.
              pen and paper RPGs are great games for guys that don't like women.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Escape from Colditz.

Comment

Monopoly is the board game to end all board games.
                  There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                    Escape from Colditz.

omg i played colditz on Amiga 500 it was soooooo good! :up:
                    FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Diplomacy, although I haven't played since highschool, and that was over email mostly. It's like WWI in board game form. Settlers of Catan was allright for a do nothign afternoon. Pretty fun and whimisical game, and I have fond memories of Mayfair's shitty color schemes.

Cosmic Encounters was the absolute shit if you got the expansions and played with people that didn't mind losing as long as they fucked someone else over incredibly bad.

Comment

Risk = #1

Monopoly is fun as well, as is Stratego.

If Age of Wonders II was a board game (which technically could be done), it would own as well

Comment

I loved monopoly because when I play I always steal stuff like money and properties.
                          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                            Nothing beats a round of Trivial Pursuit.
                            I would much prefer to get run over by a bus than play a round of Trivial Pursuit
                            Originally posted by Facetious
                            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                              pen and paper RPGs are great games for guys that don't like women.
                              That's completely unfair. Fat chicks play pen and paper RPGs too.
                              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X