Favorite Old Board Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewan
    Btw, in your Axis & Allies game, why does Russia have the least amount of troops? AFAIK they had the most in the real WW2.

~Ewan
    They have the worst economy so they have the lowest amount of money which money buys you your troops.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
      Well trivial pursuit is trivia. You either know it or you dont... Thats why I think its crap.
      So I'm guessing... you don't.

Comment

The interesting part is that you can say something like "ok this is a total guess, I have no idea" and it is correct! See a psychologist friend of mine said it's really not random, you get impulses and stuff and your sub-consciousness helps. scary.
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
          The interesting part is that you can say something like "ok this is a total guess, I have no idea" and it is correct! See a psychologist friend of mine said it's really not random, you get impulses and stuff and your sub-consciousness helps. scary.
          Something can sound familiar, and you have a word in mind that you know relates in some way to the question, but you don't know that it's the actual answer, but it's the best you've got, and a lot of times it's right.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon
            Actually, they're great games for people whose brains aren't melted. I know that must make you feel excluded, but it's not my fault.

I'm glad you feel like your 13-sided die makes you a better person.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

no that's just what alcohol does to your brain.

sometimes you really have no clue and even then you answer correctly. Like where there was a question about what epinard means, I had no idea and I was just like "o well, I lost. Let's say spinach". It was right. Then we started thinking about it adn my mom said: "you ate spinach soup in that café in (insert some cote d'azur city name here) when you were 8. I'm sure it was."

so we checked the photos and suer enough, I ate spinach soup. Probably came from there.

Comment

How can you remember eating Spinach from 10 (a guess) years ago? It's not exactly a rare vegetable to eat.
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                ---A few minutes later---
                9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                9:Kim> UM
                9:Kim> i didn't
                9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                9:pascone> lol?

Comment

monopoly is obviously #1. It is a game NO ONE CAN STAND (cept me cause i win) but everyone has one. After 2 hours in to the game **Throws boardgame off table***I QUIT***
                  the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                    Well trivial pursuit is trivia. You either know it or you dont... Thats why I think its crap.
                    Trivial Pursuit is based on common knowledge and logic, that's why I like the game, cause I actually HAVE good common knowledge. Monopoly on the other hand I don't really like, cause I have NO luck :/
                    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                    There wont be another election for president.
                    Obama is the Omega President.
                    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Risk for sure, and monopoly of course.
                      Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
                        How can you remember eating Spinach from 10 (a guess) years ago? It's not exactly a rare vegetable to eat.
                        Well first of all my mom is a chef so she has quite a good memory on what we ate and when (trips, restaurants etc).

Second of all I like photography so I take a lot of pictures. And it clearly was spinach soup on the table.

and yes, 10 years would be quite exact, give or take a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                          So I'm guessing... you don't.
                          Well I do have quite a good knowledge of certain trivia, but when it gets to geography and anything tedious, I'm out. I suppose that some of the questions can be logic, but what I don't find interesting, I usually just forget about.

I like games where it requires skill, rather than knowledge. Thats why I now play computer games more than anything else.
                          Last edited by Mr. Peanuts; 07-14-2004, 05:17 AM.

Comment

why do you think geography is boring?

Comment

Working...
                            X