• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the song im trying to learn at the moment

band:Cynic
    album:Focus
    song:How Could I

there`s some very difficult parts and i think my fingers aint enough fast to play that song correctly
    Last edited by Zyclon; 07-20-2004, 06:52 AM.
    FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyclon
      This is the song im trying to learn at the moment

band:Cynic
      album:Focus
      song:How Could I

there`s some very difficult parts and i think my fingers aint enough fast to play that song correctly
      Practice your scales over and over for faster fingers! as well as it will help in the stretching.

Blues may be a good way to help in the learning for the original post!

Love da music and playin' as well!

I own a few intruments

-Steinberger electric modified with Roland Midi pickup into midi foot pedal
      -Chapman Stick (10 String)
      -74 Guild S-100 Electric
      -74 Guild JR-50 Acoustic
      -59 Guild M-20 Acoustic
      -42 Gibson Lap Steel Guitar
      And a couple of mandolins acoustic & electric

Not only is it fun playing these, but collecting is also half the fun!!
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Here's a very fun program you should all check out. It's basically a virtual myriad-of-effects pedal on your computer with a ton of variables to change to create your own custom instrument effects. I have spent quite a few hours playing around with this and my guitar, and have made/modified/combined some awesome sounding effects. Oh yeah, and I got my saxophone to sound especially cool as well. There are limitless possibilities... Go get it.

http://www.guitar-fxbox.com/

As for my guitar playing experience, I haven't much...been playing lightly for about a year or so...up with my friends' guitars until I finally got my Ibanez RG-470 back in December. I started off with only a little tableture exposure/practice in the beginning, such as Fade to Black from Metallica (when I was still just fooling around), and Patterns In the Ivy from Opeth. I soon dropped playing others' music and started to just get a feel for the guitar- picking out chords, working on transitions, just moving my fingers across the strings and frets to produce some "solos" and whatnot. Basically coming up with my own sound...Perhaps I would be a lot further on if I learned scales and whatnot first, but perhaps I would be a lot further on if I just played more. Either way, I'm certainly not very good...but I'm not exactly terrible either. I look to increase my guitar playing drastically once more viable atmosphere arises. As of now I am looking to get an acoustic-electric, and I am thinking about a Cort Earth 1200- although they are simply acoustic and I have seen only one that has been (modified?) acoustic-electric? Anyone have any information/ideas on this?

Greed, ignorance, and the communal superiority complex of the human race
        Clutching metal braces as we race to disgrace
        As the pollution wipes clear all expression, all face

Comment

Working...
        X