No announcement yet.

Rugby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no i just hate it because it is boring to watch (imo)

and stop making things up to make you look cool and me look like a nerd weener boy

Comment

I guess the relationship between football and rugby to Brits is kind of like the relationship between hockey and lacrosse here in Canada. They're both great sports, with some similarities, but one always gets much more attention than the other.

I've always had a strong respect for rugby and rugby players. Back in high school, the three largest teams we had were the football (N. American), rugby and wrestling teams. Of course, the football team gets all the glory, and the wrestlers and the rugby players hated them for it, but they respected each other more than they did their shoulder-pad wearing brothers.

Comment

Hey Triceratops,

Hey, I'm from New Zealand. :] The first game against the Australian Wallabee's was part of a Tri-Nations Cup, where New Zealand, South Africa play each other 2 twice and the top two teams play in a final for the cup.

However, while New Zealand and Australia playing for the Tri-Nations Cup, they also play for the Bledisloe Cup. Here are the conditions of winning the cup. The Bledisloe is two games of rugby played every year. The country who has the Bledisloe Cup in their hands already, only have to draw or win one game out of the two to keep possesion of it. And the team without the cup have to win both games to secure the Cup back, otherwise the country who originally had the Cup, keeps it for another year. This makes it quite hard for the team to win the trophy back.

England are the current World Champions, although they are having a tough time showing it, having 2 losses to New Zealand and 1 lose to Australia. A team to watch out for are the Pacific Islanders. Despite narrow losses, they are a very good team with strong forward packs.

Though being a soccer player myself, I must admitt some of the plays in Rugby are amazing. The way the ball gets passed around and some of the moves. As far as the play stopping, its all good because you never know what will happen next. Rugby is great game to watch.
        "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
        • Shark
        • Dicer
        • Sager
        • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzz...5920040719.gif

Rugby-related. Honest.

Comment

It is boring to watch, I rarely watch it but I love playing it.

And that cartoon strip would have been better with a sheep-shagging-related ending. ahh well.

Comment

So last night I got to see game two of the Trinations series and holy fucking shit! Best rugby match I've ever watched (I've seen 2 total)! Having now seen all three teams that compete in the Trinations Cup, I think I'm supporting the Boks. The All Blacks are totally rad, I like Spencer, Carter, and Umaga a lot. The Springboks have a goddamn beast on their team with Burger, he's probably my favorite player that I've seen so far.

Are the guys that wear those padded cap type things special in any way? There were two on the Boks side and I think one on the All Blacks. What about just headbands? What does 'test' mean? Spencer and Montgomery, are they both the dudes who sit around in the backfield and clear the ball? Are they the only ones who can do that?
              Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
              Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by triceratops
                Are the guys that wear those padded cap type things special in any way?
                They're the pansies who don't want concussion
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Usually only forwards wear the Padded Caps, to protect them in Scrums and Rucks/Mauls. You'll also see players with tape around their ears. This stops their ears rubbing against other players when they lock in the scrum.

A Rugby team is split up into two parts. The Forwards and the Backs. The Forwards are the ones who are involved with the tackles, scrums, rucks, muals etc, driving the ball upfield. The Backs are faster than the Forwards and usually create counter attacks and protect behind the Forwards. Spencer and Montgomery are two very good Backs. They know alot of different counter attacks and tricky plays. Anyone in the backline can clear the ball. Just that the above two are very good at it. They know where to place the ball to their teams advantage etc.
                  "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                  • Shark
                  • Dicer
                  • Sager
                  • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Working...
                  X