No announcement yet.

TW Mafia: Still Worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I don't see anything about everybody being a superhero in the writeup. There are plenty of normal people in the Marvel universe that aren't superheroes. Interesting that Jessup seems quite sure that all scum are super heroes.
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Calling it right now exalt is the joker as a modified jester
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
        whatever you say xoggup, make a list.
        a list? a list of what? What would you desire me do?
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Lets play a game. I will give out some hypotheticals, and then I will ask a few rhetorical questions.

Hypothetical: Lets pretend youre a town cop. Lets also pretend there are no modifiers and every result you get is legit, even though you dont know that. You see your role and you think 'wow, I'm super important for town!' and it gets you excited, so you tell town to trust and follow you, because you're this super important role that could possibly make or break the game. Town thinks you're full of shit, but you keep on saying how important you are, hoping the town believes you. You go so far as to constantly bring it up, doing absolutely nothing else, hoping that town will magically listen to you through force of will, while sun will magically not notice any of it.

Rhetorical questions: What information could you possibly have on Day 1 that's worth alerting scum to your role? What makes you think you'll ever get a result, instead of being roleblocked in perpetuity? What makes you think its a good idea to be telling scum how important your role is on Day 1 before youve ever even had a chance to use it? Why would you ever do any of this on Day 1?

Hypothetical: Lets pretend it's Day 1, and you are scum. You want to find town PRs while tricking them into believing you're a cop or some other important town role. You claim you're this super important role on Day 1, even though that's literally the worst thing a town cop could do at this stage in the game. You hope town follows you while also being literal dumbasses and giving you their role info with a mass claim. Your constant begging for town to follow you also has the intention to excuse you from scum hunting at all and hopefully allows you to be completely useless for as long as possible as you constantly try to get town to do stupid shit so town can lose faster.

Rhetorical questions: Does either hypothetical sound good for town? Why would you ever do anything listed in the hypothetical if you were town?
          Ding ding ding, bingo. This is why my vote that was originally a troll vote is no longer trolly or random. Well said

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post
            As others have mentioned, per Willby's game description, just because a character is a "good guy" in your favorite comic, doesn't mean they are a good guy here. On day 1 with nothing else to go on, the people who seem way too eager to claim things are the most suspicious to me. Most likely they think if they name claim with a town sounding character, it will prevent N1/N2 investigations/blocks on them. Other than field, who is obvious scum. IXT, Jessup, The_Paul, Field all giving me scum vibes. Jessup even set us up with a plea to trust him when we learn more about his role, seems like pre-emptive scum defense to me..
            Alright soooo according to you anyone who holds a conversation on day 1 gives scum vibes. Scum players make loose open ended lists like this so they can refer back to them and twist it to their advantage. You could easily be trying to appear town by throwing a fellow mafia member on your list and then when they flip try and gain town points by scrutinizing them and claiming "I thought they were scum since day 1"

Potentially one thing you could pull out of this list is that out of Ixt, Jessup, The_Paul and Field is at least one of them is scum along with Halp.
            Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
              Yeah I don't see anything about everybody being a superhero in the writeup. There are plenty of normal people in the Marvel universe that aren't superheroes. Interesting that Jessup seems quite sure that all scum are super heroes.
              Exactamungo
              Big Chill

Comment

• Let's talk about how mafia roles work in a world full of superheroes. For my example, I will pick some not even in the MCU: Batman. For those out of the loop, batman is a superhero whose power is being rich, having lots of cool gadgets, and being pretty good at fighting. This can translate into mafia a few ways. Batman could be a VT since he doesnt actually have a power. He could be a Jack of All Trades, because he has several cool gadgets. He could be a a Mafia Ninja because he sneaks around in the night to make his attacks. He could be a strongman because he is damn hard to kill. Or he could be a Vigilante, because he is generally regarded as one. All this is to say, be creative.

An example role PM for Batman:

You are Bruce Wayne aka Batman. Your very wealthy parents died in front of you at a very young age. You have since studied, trained, and invented a whole new way to fight crime.

You are a regretful-modifier Vigilante. Each night phase, you may submit one target to shoot, nightkilling them instantly. However, you will lose this ability if you kill a town member.

Your objective is eliminate all threats to the town.

You guys are stretching to say humans with non super hero powers could be in the mix. Willby himself says this an avengers them based game in a worlf FULL of superheros. cmon . at this stage some of you are doing blatant deception attempts.
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• You do realize that a huge story in the Marvel universe, and the group who starts the Avengers (which is what this game is based on), is S.H.I.E.L.D which is made up of almost exclusively normal people. Also, the real bad guy in Winter Soldier is Alexander Pierce, a normal guy who fucked up the Winter Soldier. So there's a normal person who is the major villain. Should I keep going?

Comment

• typos sigh, sort of tired here from lack of sleep.

Willby himself says this is an Avengers theme based game is a world FULL of superheroes.
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post

a list? a list of what? What would you desire me do?
                      What could wark possibly mean by asking for a list I wonder? Do you think he wants a list of townies? Maybe he wants a list of you saying you're town 100 times? I bet that's it. You should vote the towniest person in the game like the rest of us are doing. Obviously, that means you. I mean, towns wincon isn't to lynch scum, right? If that were the case, then you'd be playing against that wincon by not trying to find them, so I'm sure that's not true.
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

What could wark possibly mean by asking for a list I wonder? Do you think he wants a list of townies? Maybe he wants a list of you saying you're town 100 times? I bet that's it. You should vote the towniest person in the game like the rest of us are doing. Obviously, that means you. I mean, towns wincon isn't to lynch scum, right? If that were the case, then you'd be playing against that wincon by not trying to find them, so I'm sure that's not true.
                        I thought he was asking for a list of every character to be on screen in a Marvel movie up to and including the Avengers

Comment

• Just to keep ixt from further shitting a brick, Missa was asleep at 7am central time and woke up to 5 pages to read through. I'm only halfway deep and it's clear ixt is being weird. He can have my vote until I read deeper and come to another decision. Also, Voth, you stink.

Vote: ixt

Still catching up, though.

Comment

Lets play a game. I will give out some hypotheticals, and then I will ask a few rhetorical questions.

Hypothetical: Lets pretend youre a town cop. Lets also pretend there are no modifiers and every result you get is legit, even though you dont know that. You see your role and you think 'wow, I'm super important for town!' and it gets you excited, so you tell town to trust and follow you, because you're this super important role that could possibly make or break the game. Town thinks you're full of shit, but you keep on saying how important you are, hoping the town believes you. You go so far as to constantly bring it up, doing absolutely nothing else, hoping that town will magically listen to you through force of will, while sun will magically not notice any of it.

Rhetorical questions: What information could you possibly have on Day 1 that's worth alerting scum to your role? What makes you think you'll ever get a result, instead of being roleblocked in perpetuity? What makes you think its a good idea to be telling scum how important your role is on Day 1 before youve ever even had a chance to use it? Why would you ever do any of this on Day 1?

Hypothetical: Lets pretend it's Day 1, and you are scum. You want to find town PRs while tricking them into believing you're a cop or some other important town role. You claim you're this super important role on Day 1, even though that's literally the worst thing a town cop could do at this stage in the game. You hope town follows you while also being literal dumbasses and giving you their role info with a mass claim. Your constant begging for town to follow you also has the intention to excuse you from scum hunting at all and hopefully allows you to be completely useless for as long as possible as you constantly try to get town to do stupid shit so town can lose faster.

Rhetorical questions: Does either hypothetical sound good for town? Why would you ever do anything listed in the hypothetical if you were town?
                            Let's pretend I have an action day 1 that neither mafia or town can stop from happening that will affect the rest of the game that I must do. How would you go about it when you allegiance is to town?
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

I thought he was asking for a list of every character to be on screen in a Marvel movie up to and including the Avengers
                              Was xog list joke. Has it been that long rofl
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post

Let's pretend I have an action day 1 that neither mafia or town can stop from happening that will affect the rest of the game that I must do. How would you go about it when you allegiance is to town?
                                Why would anyone pretend that faggotry? What are you black eyepatch guy who can text stupid bitch to save the galaxy? Say what one more time.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X