The updated issues of MMR - Ease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The updated issues of MMR - Ease

So tonight we were playing mmr like usual, when all of a sudden, bombed said he would refuse to play mmr if beam was on his team. Ekko then proceeded to swap bombed to the opposite team, making sure he was not playing with him. Beam then specced, and chaos insued. as a trenchwars staff, it's your responsibility to ban people who refuse to play. simple. stop giving in to childish behaviors, and everything will follow suit. I think Tiny has said he will be having bombed, and beam take a break from mmr, what are the communities thoughts, so we can avoid such tiresome actions, that make it unfair for the rest of the community, as we had to wait along time before games were started to properly be hosted agaIn.
    2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Well I've lost 1k rating in a month despite playing good, because of shitters throwing every game, seems like I need to get about 30 kills to influence the outcome of a game, it's not reasonable. So I understand bombed's refusal to play with beam. If there's the option to not play with certain people I can start working on a list of names. As things stand, if I did either bombed or beam's behaviour I'd get banned, so I expect everyone to be treated equally.

On a related note, I want to opt out of playing jd4, that is always a waste of time, and I can't tell when I !p whether it will put me there or not.

And why is Ease mentioned in the title, does this have anything to do with him?

Comment

I was happy to play with any 4 teammates the bot assigned to me. It is unacceptable for refs to pander to and encourage poor sportsmanship and behaviour from players refusing to play with others. Once Tiny decided to manually switch players and make whatever teams he wanted indifferent of the teams provided by the bot, all integrity was lost. If there is someone in the arena you refuse to play with, just don't !p. I have done this with Thesauce for months as he intentionally trolls every single game and nobody seems to care.

On a related note I feel that all players should have access to the list of players with the !lp command that currently only staff has access to. It would help in situations like this and there's not any reason I can think of for the player list to be limited to only staff.
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        Well I've lost 1k rating in a month despite playing good, because of shitters throwing every game, seems like I need to get about 30 kills to influence the outcome of a game, it's not reasonable. So I understand bombed's refusal to play with beam. If there's the option to not play with certain people I can start working on a list of names. As things stand, if I did either bombed or beam's behaviour I'd get banned, so I expect everyone to be treated equally.

On a related note, I want to opt out of playing jd4, that is always a waste of time, and I can't tell when I !p whether it will put me there or not.

And why is Ease mentioned in the title, does this have anything to do with him?
        because ease the amazin g!
        2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Pretty amazing that beam has been openly throwing MMR for like a year and still hasn't been banned for it. Not sure what kind of dirt he has on upper staff

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png?ex=65780b3d&is=6565963d&hm=98176ce330c95a5c619967a4e23d8bb4423d7894af066a52e25bdaeb20d42544&.png
Views:	145
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1365069

Comment

heh seems like mmr devolved into complete chaos without me there to maintain order among all the jabronis

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I swapped 2 equally rated players to make the world go on, just like rerolling, nothing wrong with this. You are trolling in mmr and are trolling here, beam. Say something else stupid and i will make it my new job to start investigating you throwing games in mmr to ban you from mmr for good. Believe me, there are enough people on this forum that don't like you and they will be throwing evidence at me.
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                  I swapped 2 equally rated players to make the world go on, just like rerolling, nothing wrong with this. You are trolling in mmr and are trolling here, beam. Say something else stupid and i will make it my new job to start investigating you throwing games in mmr to ban you from mmr for good. Believe me, there are enough people on this forum that don't like you and they will be throwing evidence at me.
                  you don't get to switch teams and abuse to increase your rating you God damn clown and nobody is afraid of you or your baseless threats.. this guy goes around threatening to ban people every day like he's the main character but he's barely an npc lol

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

you don't get to switch teams and abuse to increase your rating you God damn clown and nobody is afraid of you or your baseless threats.. this guy goes around threatening to ban people every day like he's the main character but he's barely an npc lol
                    LOL at what you are saying. I switched you to my team because Bombed refused to play with you because you throw games and troll everyone. So you are telling me I switched teams to increase my rating by taking the throwing troll (You) to avoid blowing the game up and switching equally rated players?

That may have been the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say and you say some real stupid shit.

Everyone reading this, please contact me in game or post on here and give me any information you have on beam throwing and trolling mmr games past, present, and future.

Thanks
                    Last edited by Tiny; 11-28-2023, 12:32 PM.
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Easier to tell you when beam didn't throw, here's the list:

Comment

In regards to the original situation Beast posted about both players were given a 1 game block/ban after the game. BOMBED for refusing to play (with beam), and beam for then refusing to play the game once he was swapped to the other team. Had the game run, BOMBED would have been blocked for the next game for refusing to play regardless.

I discussed it with the other hosts online and I stand by that the right decision made the right call in this specific circumstance. The only reason the switch was even proposed as a solution that night is because a game was going on in twjd4 and we wanted to get a game in while we waited.

The swap made was with beam and I who were within 100 points of each others rating. Subs are made in games with differences triple+ this amount or more on a daily basis in order to just continue a somewhat fair game. This is a non-issue.

There is no official rule book or guide posted on how MMR games should and will be run and unique situations will be handled at the discretion of staff/hosts online.

No one is trying to 'play God' as beam puts it, or to modify lines to gain 40 mmr points. beam did not have to deal with situations such as the ones he is now creating when he hosted because he is the main issue here, he is a major troll, throws games daily and often and seems to thrives on upsetting people and creating chaos.

I give warnings and 1 game blocks to players regularly for refusing to play/throwing/etc and I didn't believe in banning/blocking players for more than a game, however, it seems as though 1 game blocks are not effective as trolls will wait the block out and continue throwing afterwards. I agree with Beast, people need to be banned/blocked for repeat offenses and for longer than 1 game. I will speak with upper staff to get some guidelines set on a strike system so the punishments and severity of punishments are uniform regardless of who the player committing the offense is.
                        absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

Working...
                        X