survey : pls i need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• survey : pls i need help...

i have this research in school about online gaming pls pls help me in my survey ty ty ty =)

I.

A. How much time do you spend playing "Online"

a. 1 hr
    b. less than but not greater than 5 hrs.
    c. less than but not greater than 10 hrs.
    d. more than 10 hrs.
    3. all most whole day

B. Do you spend money in playing "Online Gamies" If no leave it blank

a. very little expense in playing "Online"
    b. i only use my extra money in playing
    c. Average expense in playing "Online"
    b. i dont care how much i spend playing

c. In terms of percent, how many times do you play in a week? estimate
    ex : 7x a day every 10 hrs ..... = 40%..

II.

1. Why is that people playing online games becomes so addictive that they spent too much money just to play on the net?

2. What is the Pro's and Con's of online gaming (Positive & Negative) if any?

3. Does playing "Online" makes your life change?, (Yes/No) & why?

4. Is there any benefits playing online games? if there is, specify? (atleast two (2))

5. Any more additional info regarding online games?

** sorry for my bad english

Part 1

Q1 = b (forums = playing as I'm still participating in the community which is essentially what subspace is all about)

Q2 = blank

Q3 = don't quite get the question but I think on average it works out as 1 hour a day

Part 2

Q1 = I think the problem is you're thinking of the word addiction in terms of drugs or cigarettes. People can become addicted to anything in the sense that they would prefer to be doing one thing (playing subspace) over just about anything else, its not a habit its just an unhealthy obsession.

Q2 = The pro is its a glorious waste of time, the con is its a glorious waste of time

Q3 = Online gaming hasn't changed my life to the extent its shaped me as a person but it does affect what I do at home (ie I don't tend to watch much telly on a saturday or sunday night as there's usually a TWL game that needs hosting)

Q4 = The only benefits I can think of regarding specifically online gaming is you can talk to your opponents and each and every competitor will be unique as opposed to learning a computer player's weaknesses (FIFA 2002)

Q5 = www.trenchwars.org
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Ask gerry for his warped and twisted research paper

Comment

Varies, depending on whether I have shifts at work, or other stuff to do. But it's pretty safe to say if i'm home, and awake, i'm playing. so... 24 hours in a day, minus 8 hours sleep, 16 hours.. minus a shift at work which varies in time...12 hours... minus some lunch, shower, taking a crap.... 10 hours a day... x 7 days... 70 hours

I pay for the connection, but I refuse to "pay to play".

you gotta rephrase this question, i dont have a clue what you mean, but i probably covered it in A.

1. Why is that people playing online games becomes so addictive that they spent too much money just to play on the net?
        I wouldnt know really, because I would never spend money to play. But I always compare my spending to that of my friends. Whereas some people go out every week, get pissed, pay for a taxi across the country and back, and so on... some people pay for games instead. It's no more addictive, no better, no worse, just different. Although, you have to admit, there are some total wierdos who are completely addicted and cant quit... but it's just like alcoholism and so on, you do something for long enough and it's hard to stop.

Pros: games are fun
        Cons: opportunity cost

Yeah of course it does, because you're playing online instead of doing something else. But every single choice we make changes our lives in the same way. Whether the change is for better or worse depends how you go about it.

4. ARE there any benefits playing online games? if there ARE, specify? (atleast two (2))
        1 - Well I live in a shit place, so my alternative would be to "hang out" on street corners and steal cars. So I guess playing online gives me something to do that isnt quite so.. "ghetto"..
        2 - I get to chat to ppl from loadsa different places, I learn a lot about different cultures and so on.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/fun.gam...es.women.reut/
        http://www.video-games-survey.com/online_gamers.htm

Comment

I
          A. a
          B. a
          C. Let's see... 7 hours a week x 168 hours in a week total / 100 = 11.76%

II.
          1. Beacause people are stupid, society tells you to spend money, and people get bored and want to be "31337" by paying for games.
          2. Pros: It's fun
          Cons: You become anti-social and have no life
          3. See cons in the above statement.
          4. Isn't that kinda like question 2? But I guess yea it's cool to talk to people from other countries and learn how to cuss out your friends in other languages and when they ask what you just said you say "I was just saying I was hungry" or something.
          5. No, I already gave you five minutes of my time.
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
          1:Chao <ER>> at all
          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Im going to answer basically in paragraph form. Well, it all depends. During school, I only play for about 2-3 hours, but during the summer, that can increase to like 5-10 hours. It all really depends on the day. If it is a nice day, chances are im going golfing or road hockey. If its a shitty day and its rainy, Ill stay inside and play this. If there is noone to do anything with I will play this game. I agree with RR, I dont pay to play, its a free game so im not going to put any money into obviously. Pros : none? Oh, you stay away from drugs! Cons: lose oppurtunity, strength, get fat, LOl,. Yah im not going to answer the rest
            the price is right, bitch.

Comment

have this research in school about online gaming pls pls help me in my survey ty ty ty =)

I.

c. less than but not greater than 10 hrs.

a. very little expense in playing "Online"

ex : 7x a day every 10 hrs ..... = 40%..

50%

II.

Because you get so use to it, and want to have the best or be the best

Pros- Learn new stuff about computers, talk about regular stuff .. relaxing.. talk to some awesome people.\
              negs-lamers

Yes-Dont have as much time of some other things.

4. Is there any benefits playing online games? if there is, specify? (atleast two (2))
              Learn new things on computers
              Get good connections with ppl far away

I play everyday because its relaxing. And nice to have a place you can be yourself and not give a shit what ppl think

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
              1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
              1:Freeze> LOL FAR
              ---
              5:waven> freeze
              5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
              5:waven> you state your business with sanji
              5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
              5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
              5:waven> and i will talk to ease
              5:Freeze> LOL
              5:waven> that's how things work around here
              --
              1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

I.
                A) c

B) don't but... i have had others pay for me

C) wtf?

II.

1. we have a thing called parents #2 my cable isn't to bad, comes with my cable tv and i have 4 other comps still only 50$ a month
                2. Pro's- meet other losers like yourself, meet other cultures, have a use for the foriegn language class I take
                3. life hasn't changed for me, because i don't have a gf, nor can i get one $ and i haven't gained weight in 2 years... so no changes i still go clubbin' sumtimes
                4. Benefits- typing gets quicker, meeting new people, learning cyber space, some people go into net based careers i know of a lot in tw itself
                5. ONLINE GAMES KICK ASS that'll go well with your... research looked it up on google.. jk
                Rough> lol these 3 newbies
                Rough> ive seen deck play better :P

Randedl> flapping their arms around
                Randedl> ask them why
                Randedl> SO MY FINGERS MOVE FASTER MAN

Comment

Part I:
                  -b and c; It depends on the day, but usually b.

-blank-

-((average of 4 hours per day * 7 days)/(24 hours in a day *7 day week))*100= 16%
                  -(I hope my math is right, I forget stuff over the summer vacation )

Part II:
                  -what? I guess because its fun.

-Pro: have fun, wastes time if you need to do so.
                  -Con: not so great for your social life, lack of exercise.

-yes: because If i wasnt playing online, I would be doing somthng else and that is diffrent than playing online so my life would have "changed".

-you get a better reaction time (I guess)
                  -you get to relieve stress

-yes, subspace/continuum owns.
                  Last edited by Overburn; 08-10-2004, 01:42 PM.
                  Like, there was this ninja who got
                  ticked off at some people who kept
                  talking while he was trying to rock
                  out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
                  flipped out and sang at them till
                  they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                    Ask gerry for his warped and twisted research paper
                    I'm willing to bet it was a publicity stunt (again).
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                    X