Canadian Youth Taught Hate for America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Youth Taught Hate for America

A poll taken in Canada found that 40 percent of teenagers there thought America was a force for evil in the world. The number rose to 64 percent among French-Canadian teenagers. The Canadian media and the Canadian education system is now skewing their reportage about America so that all of these children, millions of Canadian children, feel that we are an evil force in the world. They're not providing perspective to the children up there and I believe I'm absolutely correct.

Certainly, no American wants anybody else killed in Iraq. But if you give a balanced presentation, which the CBC does not, the Toronto Globe and Mail does not, and say to your children, Look, this is a rough war. This is a tough thing. But a brutal dictator who killed hundreds of thousands of people is out of office, 56 million Iraqis, or whatever it is, 36 million, have a chance at self determination.

So it's not black and white. America is not the bad guy in Iraq. It might have been a mistake, but we're not the bad guy, and we are being portrayed in your country as such.

In America we have a balanced media and in Canada you guys dont. We have been tough on Canada because Canada, Chretien particularly, has been brutal on us. All this stat said to me was that the Canadian media and the Canadian education system is not giving the U.S.A. a fair shake.

Now I want to hear about what the Canadians think about this.

link to the poll.. k thx
    name of the organization conducted, where, when. name of the poll

btw, US hates Canada now because we refused to support US and attack Iraq, and for once, I'm actually agreeing with the government.
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

okay

Okay i can't find the exact poll but I have a link that reports what I said.

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0....ssageID=343184

One of the men who took the poll Rudyard Griffiths works for Toronto Globe and Mail
      Last edited by ignite ignite; 08-13-2004, 08:52 PM.

Comment

rofl
        you trust a report on cnet reviews?
        1 + 1 = 1

Comment

I understand that it was their decision to do what they thought was right in defending their country. Respect for the UN and other global organizations are things that Canadians do respect and believe to be something that helps keep the world safe and secure, but has been disrepected and ignored by the Americans.

I can see how some Canadians could preceve the US to be a force of evil but I don't think evil is the right word for this, they're clearly not on the right path in foreign relations and dealing with terrorism (or anything else most likely). Maybe that's what this "poll" found, that most Canadian Youth have some kind of freaking opinion on this, not that they hate or feel insecure in the world. We're not fueled by the media to hate or segrogate Americans and I find our news to be more balanced on subjects concerning Americans and anything else. Looking at the whole situations in the middle east and the information I have, I've made up my mind on what happend, why, and if it was justified in my opinion. Evil.... No.... but Human (allow to make mistakes ect...), but wrong in their actions with a good ammount of people up here... Yes.

I don't like CNN and American news compared to CBC or global News, city tv..., I think it's to self important and doesn't cover anything outside of their country or anything that doesn't involve Americans.

Educating people to make their own decisions and form their own opinions on what the Americans (or any other subject) did do and what they could have done differently is what the Canadian school system has done and will continue to do in the future.
          Last edited by Kolar; 08-13-2004, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Canada is kick ass country America likes bombs French like cigarettes Iraq likes terrorism ehhhh badaboom badabing!

Why hate America? As all the stubborn ass Americans say " We won WW1 and WW2!"
            the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
              " We won WW1 and WW2!"
              And don't you forget it! :light:
              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

if canadians are being taught to hate america its cause we hated them first. it always pisses me off to see a peer dissing canada for no reason.
                Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                apt>yes u can wtf
                apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                apt>na
                apt>ill show you pictures
                apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

What a coincidence: 40% of Americans support annexing Canada.

Comment

canada is to the north of us? Well wtf, who is to the South then?
                    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

French Canadians hate us because no one likes them. Other than Lea, you are an exception.

Comment

Trust me, the disgust with America's current foreign policy is not limited to just Canada. So it really has nothing to do with the country itself or its inhabitants.
                        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

i dont really dislike canada, but its fun to pretend i do
                          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

To this thread, I'd like to give a big woopdee fucking do.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                              And don't you forget it! :light:
                              ahaha fit You didn't and you know it!
                              the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X