A book you should read before voting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erathia
    If you want a good political book that attacks the Bush administration and its policies pick up "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" by Al Franken. Michael Moore should only be enjoyed in theatres.
    Weird that all this is coming up, because I just read the moore book, and i'm reading this now, and you're right.. it's way better. Not only for writing style, but I think he's far more accurate in his bush attacks.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

The problem I've always found with Michael Moore is he's an excellent visual storyteller, but his arguements are rarely able to stand up to close scrutiny. He even admits a lot of the absurd scenarios he has in some of his movies (like getting a free gun in his bank) he carefully orchestrated in order to appear in the most negative way possible.

By contrast, Franken does excellent research, cites his sources and has fun pointing out when other people completely fail or screw up at doing the same thing. Plus he's actually funny instead of Moore's sort of "Drunken Uncle" kind of humour.
      Erathia> Attention the fort! Surrender and die!
      Melufa> don't you mean surrender or die?
      Erathia> No... no... I don't see that one working at all...

Comment

I didn't take it as gospel ZeUs!! I just thought most american people are probabaly a bit dumb and thought they should see other opinions on Bush.
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Most people are a bit dumb, and I'm not just talking about Americans here. Britan has it's share of country folk that could give a rats ass about Blair and the things he has done (or hasn't done, according to some people).
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

hasn't done
            EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
            cool koen> :)
            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
            cool koen> not because of a bug
            EvoLd> Lol
            Treachery> meh
            EvoLd> why then?
            PubAceR> women in power dont last
            EvoLd> LOl
            toaster oven reviews

Comment

Everyone is a bit dumb.

Comment

i
                Originally posted by dimboy2
                I didn't take it as gospel ZeUs!! I just thought most american people are probabaly a bit dumb and thought they should see other opinions on Bush.
                It's remarks like these that make the shit Zeus gives you warranted.

Side note, this book is rather old and it's sad that people are only interested in it now after he's made a movie you can't not watch or ignore.
                Last edited by Cops; 08-25-2004, 07:20 AM.
                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
                  i
                  Side note, this book is rather old and it's sad that people are only interested in it now after he's made a movie you can't not watch or ignore.
                  I have not seen the movie and I have no plans to see it either.
                  Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

you do know he's written another book since then, right?
                    Originally posted by Ward
                    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I stopped reading the book half way through after it turned into one epic moan
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                      X