• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socom II

Anyone here plays Socom II?

I'm planning on buying it....

not sure yet.

please rply if you hava played and tell me if its good.

I love online games!!
    My Blog
    I'm looking for a basing squad. Hit me up. Caim E.X.

Archangell Review Corps: SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals 2 Reviewed!

Socom 2 is the console player's counter strike (X-Box CS sucks so hard it actually creates it's own vaccum seal on the case). If you don't have a rig to run CS, then by all means get Socom 2.

The singleplayer is reminicent of Rainbow 6, except I feel that the controls are more refined for console play. But, the main reason people pick up Socom is not to play by themselves sitting on their bean bag chair shunning all social contact, but to play online with friends around the globe.

The online play is fast and free. The servers are low on lag and there's plenty of players playing at all different levels of skill. But, like I said, if you're a CS player, there's not much more that CS does, and better. But if you're a PS2 fan with broadband (you can only play with broadband by the way) I'd highly recommend that you pick this up. You can generally find a used copy at EBGames or other similar stores for around $25-$30.

Note: Like CS, if you wanna get serious about this game, you need to pick up a USB headset mic.

And one interesting bit of info I found about socom...

The day before Valentine's day the Socom servers drop like 50% in population, but the day of Valentine's day, everything goes back to normal. Quite odd.
    DELETED

Comment

I bought the game last december, and i still can't beat that level when you have to disarm the bombs that are going to destroy the dam

Comment

I played SOCOMII online for a while, it is quite hard for a newbie to learn the tricks of the maps, I got quite good at it but very bored with it all in one day.

The best online game I have played on PS2 is Hardware: Online Arena. Its basically a game where you drive tanks and other armoured vehicles around a map to go and smash the shit out of others using loads of weapon power-ups. Great fun.

Comment

Someone around here (no names) needs to invest in GTA
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
            The best online game I have played on PS2 is Hardware: Online Arena.
            dude, thats a madddddd game! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
              The best online game I have played on PS2 is Hardware: Online Arena.

Yeah I played that on a 8-player LAN no kidding... good shiet, hadn't had fun on a PS2 like that for years Kinda made me want to get a network adapter, SOCOM II sounds good too. Apparently in Australia, Hardware comes free with the NA. Just very disappointed there's no StreetFighter or Pro Evolution Soccer online to play in England though, or else I would have got the NA yonks ago.
              Last edited by Nockm; 08-25-2004, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I don't know if Pio still plays it, but my disc is fucked, my name was

Choppin Treez and I obviously registered sixtoo as well
                what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                  Yeah I played that on a 8-player LAN no kidding... good shiet, hadn't had fun on a PS2 like that for years Kinda made me want to get a network adapter, SOCOM II sounds good too. Apparently in Australia, Hardware comes free with the NA. Just very disappointed there's no StreetFighter or Pro Evolution Soccer online to play in England though, or else I would have got the NA yonks ago.

Guilty Gear XX #reload is out for the PS2 and has online play
                  DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                    Socom 2 is the console player's counter strike (X-Box CS sucks so hard it actually creates it's own vaccum seal on the case). If you don't have a rig to run CS, then by all means get Socom 2.

The singleplayer is reminicent of Rainbow 6, except I feel that the controls are more refined for console play. But, the main reason people pick up Socom is not to play by themselves sitting on their bean bag chair shunning all social contact, but to play online with friends around the globe.

The online play is fast and free. The servers are low on lag and there's plenty of players playing at all different levels of skill. But, like I said, if you're a CS player, there's not much more that CS does, and better. But if you're a PS2 fan with broadband (you can only play with broadband by the way) I'd highly recommend that you pick this up. You can generally find a used copy at EBGames or other similar stores for around $25-$30.

Note: Like CS, if you wanna get serious about this game, you need to pick up a USB headset mic.

And one interesting bit of info I found about socom...

The day before Valentine's day the Socom servers drop like 50% in population, but the day of Valentine's day, everything goes back to normal. Quite odd.

Thanks a ton, I'm definetley gonna buy it..and the thing about V-day..lol...very weird.
                    My Blog
                    I'm looking for a basing squad. Hit me up. Caim E.X.

Comment

Working...
                    X