No announcement yet.

Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the great thing about technology is how it makes getting an erection that much easier
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
      Ilya is the first cloned human?
      he's the Raelian baby
      Originally posted by Ward
      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

keep it on the down-low

i dont want government agents coming for me like they did when they thought Screech was an alien in Saved by the Bell
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Nuke Wales as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ha! Sheesh.
            It is very sad how all these technological "advances" are deemed to be simply great for the human race. We are falling to the plague of "necessary" convenience. We are evermore pressed down upon by the weight of greed, marketing and propaganda. As this "time" presses down upon us, smothers us, we ever fall further from ourselves, toxic waste slowly infiltrating our minds, our bodies...poisoning us...consuming us. We slave away for the betterment of mankind obliviously, as it continues to get worse. And yet we state facts and figures, statistics, dehumanizations as progress. We denounce those who want to live simply, self-sustainably, even- for wanting to live off the land and provide for themselves. We like to call them lazy for not wanting to "work". All the while we toil away in sweatcubicles so that we can make great advancements in technology so that many people, instead of few(sometimes), can further their laziness to levels never-before-thought-possible all the while lessening their own thoughts. Ever so we spew pollution, chemicals into the land not caring about those in the future, and especially not caring for those that don't belong to the human race. For we humans love to feel that we are superior to all other life, all other matter. We love to take the lasso to the gallows and commit double-murder. Latch on to nature and tame her, for we are surely superior, disemboweling nature with our materialistic, arrogant thoughts and disemboweling ourselves with our superficial, greedy actions. Thinking ever in the physical plane, having to manipulate and categorize everything in our terminology while ever-losing vital "information" in our raging urges to classify and to define. We feel we must understand, and that we must understand in these terms we have created. Much is lost in transcription and conveyance, and each is subject to each's own perception. This all plays into our constant need to "advance" and "further" whatever it is we call "quality of life". Of course one could say this is nature, for we are nature and we build skyscrapers as bees build hives...

This is not to say that all technological advancements are just more pulsating, gene-molding ooze and contraptions- there are a plethora of great ideas and technologies that can help us live healthier and more in touch with our surroundings. I just find it very sad that the emphasis today is on greed, superficiality, "convenience", deidentifying and fitting in "technology". Much is simply played off to be for our benefit and we are thankful to have many things that were invented "for us", but we must keep in mind that/those which preceded and brought these technologies we are thankful into context, or even existence.
            shut up u idiot, ur using a fucking computer. if u wanted information you could WALK to get a newspaper. so stfu.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
              ?go africa
              hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by PZN
                shut up u idiot, ur using a fucking computer. if u wanted information you could WALK to get a newspaper. so stfu.
                Try actually reading my post and THINKING about it.

Greed, ignorance, and the communal superiority complex of the human race
                Clutching metal braces as we race to disgrace
                As the pollution wipes clear all expression, all face

Comment

??? are u stupid, in the first part it seems as if you're denouncing the technological revolution saying that its causing us to lose touch with nature. and yet you're using a computer. all im wondering is what book you got that off.

Comment

Don't call someone stupid just because you yourself didn't bother to read his second paragraph.

Comment

GANGSTERS DONT DANCE,

WE BOOGIE
                      Last edited by Ilya; 08-30-2004, 04:26 PM.

Comment

the second paragraph still puts down technology.

Comment

But it also says that it's not all bad. Don't forget that things don't always have to be black and white, yes and no, or 1 and 0.

In any case, I can't figure out why you seem so angry at him for that post. It's not like he insulted you personally, but that's the way you reacted.

Comment

Originally posted by PZN
                            ??? are u stupid, in the first part it seems as if you're denouncing the technological revolution saying that its causing us to lose touch with nature. and yet you're using a computer. all im wondering is what book you got that off.
                            Hating technological manifestations/"advancements" and refusing to associate with them is much different from acknowledging their existence while being saddened/upset/etc. by their presence/birth. As for computers, I never mentioned them specifically. Do I enjoy using them? Yes. Does that mean that I must also feel that they are a great thing and/or in the best interest of the human race and/or earth? Most definitely not. One region does not necessarily assign my opinion to one side of the good/bad spectrum.

Simply refusing to associate with all these technologies, or choosing to ignore them doesn't make them go away. If I were to move somewhere else in the world where they haven't (yet) taken over (and defined) society, someone wouldn't suddenly travel back in time and cause these technologies to never exist in the first place, and something wouldn't suddenly destroy them in the present- they would still be here on the earth taking their toll and I would simply be running away from what I don't like.
                            Last edited by Ha! Sheesh.; 08-30-2004, 06:58 PM.

Greed, ignorance, and the communal superiority complex of the human race
                            Clutching metal braces as we race to disgrace
                            As the pollution wipes clear all expression, all face

Comment

:S i am very tired, excuse me... if i came off a little harsh, sorry. i havent had any sleep because ive been building a prototype for a project. if anyone is wondering, the prototype is going well, i cant say the same for me.

Comment

(Technology is going too far) is what I said. I love computers, and yes I agree with Ha! Sheesh. Don't you like home as no place other? Like for example: If you were gone to someone's house to stay there a week (just that one spot) it would get boring. Thats what I think our present is, our
                                home is our present and our future is trying to take our home away. I don't know how old you guys are but some people that are 55 probably hate some new updated technology that we have now in 2004. I try to explain something but I could never point it out. Its hard to explain it! But if you got what I was trying to say then thank you for understanding me. :up:
                                Mr. Arrogant 2 entered arena

Paky Dude> asdfasdf
                                Paky Dude> sdfasdkl;fasdklfjkl
                                Paky Dude> asl'fjalsdkfjkldfj
                                Paky Dude> jfalsfjklasdjfklsdfj
                                Paky Dude> now gtfo

Mr. Arrogant 2 left arena

Comment

Working...
                                X