Question for the Jewish community here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Jewish community here

The other day at the metro, I saw these people passing out flyers. Funny thing though, is that they had t-shirts that said " Jews for Jesus". Sounds crazy I know, but it's true. I was just wondering (someone correct me if I'm wrong)- but didn't Jesus get the shit beat out of him by a bunch of Jewish people? And I thought that while they believe in Jesus, the Jewish people don't accept him as their lord and savior. Help LB out and teach me something.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

While I'm not Jewish myself, I have a friend who is and he's told me that while Judaism does not accept Christ as savior, they do advocate his teachings as wise and words to live by. I don't know preciesly what's up with "Jews for Jesus" though.

Edit: Shade and Yojo, respond to this or else.
    Last edited by Fit of Rage; 09-08-2004, 11:15 PM.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Well, I'm not especially an active Jew anymore so my word is not law (only in this case, continue taking it is as law elsewhere). Opinions on Jesus vary widely. Some people think he existed, some people think he's made up. BY and large, the belief is God did not knock up mary, because we don't think of God like that. Personally, I figure there was probably a crazy, charismatic guy named christ and a lot of bored gullible people.

Jews for Jesus are pretty much laughed at by every other sect of Judism. Except the black hats, they don't really laugh much from what i've seen. I think they're deal is "Yeah, so Jesus didn't exist but we're gonna pretend for the sake of unity" or something.

Comment

Jews for Jesus

FYI - this idea has been around for awhile. They call it "Christianity"
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Omg The Jews!

racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
            FYI - this idea has been around for awhile. They call it "Christianity"
            That's pretty much it. If Jews for Jesus are laughed at by other Jews, they certainly aren't laughed at by other Christians. Basically they are people saying, yo, Jesus was a Jew, let's bring it back to the roots, people, hard core. Original Jews unite for Christ!

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
              Well, I'm not especially an active Jew anymore so my word is not law (only in this case, continue taking it is as law elsewhere). Opinions on Jesus vary widely. Some people think he existed, some people think he's made up. BY and large, the belief is God did not knock up mary, because we don't think of God like that. Personally, I figure there was probably a crazy, charismatic guy named christ and a lot of bored gullible people.

Jews for Jesus are pretty much laughed at by every other sect of Judism. Except the black hats, they don't really laugh much from what i've seen. I think they're deal is "Yeah, so Jesus didn't exist but we're gonna pretend for the sake of unity" or something.
              NOTE: Jesus did exist, proven. Whether he had special healing powers, new story,
              EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
              cool koen> :)
              PRiMORDiAL> pfft
              cool koen> not because of a bug
              EvoLd> Lol
              Treachery> meh
              EvoLd> why then?
              PubAceR> women in power dont last
              EvoLd> LOl
              toaster oven reviews

Comment

Hahaha. I saw those stupid "jews for "jesus" fruits yesterday" That's the stupidest thing i've ever seen.

Verthanthi 4 win
                Aphotic

Comment

they're probably trying to convert jews to christianity

like vincent tried to do with me

until i threw a desk at him
                  can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Jews for Jesus is simple, live a Jewish lifestyle, while following the beliefs of the New Testament. In other words, you believe Jesus is the son of god, but much of your culture is still Jewish (holidays, clothing, etc.).

Comment

Wait, didnt the romans beat the crap out of him, and then washed their hands in innocence?
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Hey I'm jewish, well I was born jewish, but I don't think you can be considered one when you don't believe in god.
                        Lets face it, religion is one big pile of lies, do you believe that in the 3rd millenium people still actually waste their lives by studying one book all of their lives?

Look what religion gives us today, suicide bombers (shahids), wars, hatered, racism, prevents people off their freedom, small mindedness, ignorance.
                        I think we can do without all this and without this man-made god.

believe in yourself people, live your dreams, eat whatever you want, f*ck all you can, love as many people as you can, get the job you want and contribute to the entire human kind, we're all in this together.

Comment

While I'm not going to blindly support organized religon 100%, I don't think it's a complete waste of time. The ones you mention are the extremists, that are stupid and would have done something stupid even if it didn't concern religon. For alot of people churches and religous groups provide structure, guidance and a warm, kind atmosphere that might not be found at home. You can't just lump every religon together and say it's bad just because Ahim-Jabul-Bobba Fett-Kassim went and drove his 93 Chevy into a Burger King. There is good along with the bad, and forgetting that is just as bad as those extremists who think their religon is the only one that should be worshipped.
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

It is said that once upon a time a king gathered a few men who were born blind. They were asked to describe an elephant, but each one was presented with only a certain part of it. To one was presented the head of the elephant, to another the trunk, to another its ears, to another the leg, the body, the tail, tuft of the tail, etc. The one who was presented with the head said: "The elephant is like a pot!" The one who was presented the trunk answered, "The elephant is like a hose". The one who touched only the ears thought that the elephant was a fan, the others said that it was a pillar, a wall, a rope, a brush, etc. Then they quarreled among themselves, each thinking that he was the only one right and the others were wrong. The obvious truth is that the elephant is a unity of many parts, a unity that they could not grasp in their ignorance.

Comment

few people know this about me, but i am actually God
                              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Working...
                              X