No announcement yet.

uhm lets have a discussion about computer mice. yay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a huge recharger I bought in hong kong that lets me charge enough AAA and AA batteries simulatenously to suffice my mouse, 2 mp3 players, and graphing calculator.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

apple mouse owns
      Code:
      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
      1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
      1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
      1:lnx> kk
      1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Wireless is cool if you use your computer as a set top box but I really can't see the point if you only have a computer monitor. What on earth can you do with a mouse from 3 meters away when I can hardly read the text from where I sit.
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by banzi fuq
          and what mouse would be the best bang for buck for FPS games?
          all wireless opticals I have tried suck. I use a standard wired optical by Dexxa. I'm an elite FPS player too. It does it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
            My mouse came with a recharging cradle and I have no complaints about the power. The one thing that does bug me is that the mouse goes into "sleep mode" when not in use for a while. To turn it back on you just have to press any button or move the scroll wheel. While that is generally a good thing, every now and then when I bring it out of sleep mode, I need to also reset the signal between the mouse and the cradle (which also serves as the signal receiver.)

I had another wireless mouse before this one that did not have a recharging cradle. That mouse ate up batteries, of course, but a pair of AAAs lasted several months, not just 3 weeks. Were the batteries you used the ones that came with the mouse? In my experience, "freebie" batteries run out faster than ones you buy on your own.

If I were you, I'd think about getting a "wired" optical mouse. Unless you really prefer not having to worry about the cord then there's no real reason to go wireless. Some people say there is a slight lag with wireless mice, but others say that that's usually caused by having the receiver too close to the monitor or other devices which could affect the signal. I'm not much of an FPS gamer so I can't really tell you if my mouse was good for FPS games.

Is yours a Silver/grey memorex one that came in a purple lunchbox type thing? Cause your description sounds just like mine.

We've had it for half a year and haven't changed the batteries once, we just ahve to remember to stick the mouse in the cradle at night.

It's ok for FPS games, although if you move it really quick (quicker than you really should) it kinda skips down to one corner of the screen (which in FPS amkes you look up/down and spin around.)
            I've had no major problems with it in CS though and for £10 (around $15 - $20) it was a decent buy.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

My mouse was made by a company called Micro Innovations. I don't know much about them. I just wanted a wireless mouse that had a charger. The Logitech MX700 is probably the best but this one was 40% cheaper.

Comment

banzi, annux sends his warmest wishes
                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

?

? why do you want to move the ENTIRE mouse (be it either optical or laser,) about the pad instead of just slightly moving a trackball and keep the mouse in one spot and the cordless mouseses are even more heavy to slide all over that pad! A 2 or 3 programable button with wheel (also programable) and trackball with the ps/usb connection should be just fine for $30 instead of those $80 cordless optical mice.
                  Trying to save my $ for one of those rediculously expensive X800xt, and then I got to worry about the dual-core cpu early next year and what mobo will they insert on.
                  btw, whats the best mouse or gamepad to play SS with? I tend to use keyboard.
                  ps: ?any know what the wholesale is on a X800xt, because $500 just seems way too much in retail. I guess I will have to settle for a R9800xt if they ever get < $200. I worry the X800xt is actually about $200 wholesale!

Comment

I use a ballmouse. Works perfectly fine. Goddamned computerfreaks got to have all the new stuff, bah I say!
                    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                    There wont be another election for president.
                    Obama is the Omega President.
                    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I can personally recommend the Logitech MX-series.
                      I have the MX-500 and MX-510 wired optical mice.
                      I've also tried the MX-700, which is the wireless counterpart for the MX-500. It's a bit heavier though. It comes with a cradle for recharging purposes.
                      Last edited by Fallen Angel; 09-27-2004, 09:28 AM.
                      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

if you have a decent battery pwoerred mouse, rechargables last about a week (and i mean like heavy use, you guys know how much mouse effort forums take)

just buy some rechargables, 15 seconds of your life switching in between 2 pairs of batteries isn't anything
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                        X