Bored... 2D fighting game fans read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored... 2D fighting game fans read.

'm really on the bored side, having set aside a character design I am currently working on to submit to Terminal Reality( video game company, made BloodRaybe 2, they liked the Prom Night picture I drew click here, seriously they liked it ). Anyway, the character has been in my mind for ages to be in a game, an Action/RPG, fighter and whatever else he could fit into. I got to thinking( I am always thinking up game ideas ) about a possibility in a 2D fighting game, which stemmed from this character.

Y'know how in 2D fighters, let's take Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2 for example, how you can link normal moves into special moves into super moves, ie the following:

With Ryu -
    LP, LK, Crouching LP, Crouching LK, LP Tatsumaki Senpukyaku( Hurricane Kick ), Shinkuu Hadouken

Well, my idea was what if you could do "delayed" supers and combos. Let me explain.

Say you have 3 bar super meter( ala CvS2 ) and you go for a combo leading into a super: Ryu again, HP, HP Shoryuken, Shin Shoryuken, well say you did the Shin Shoryuken using LP, if you hold down LP you could lead into a delay of...

Say you hit 3 of the 9 hits of the Shin Shoryuken, if you release LP, Ryu would stop the super( only using a percentange of the super bar that equaled the amount of the super move used ), throw out a LP, and you could renew the starting combo( HP, HP Shoryuken ) and then redo the LP Shin Shoryuken motion to finish the super where it left off.

This way you could tack on additional damage, however small it may be, and make longer/flashier combos. Also, you could use another super for even more damage, however the second super would use double the meter it usually does.

Example:

Ryu-

HP, HP Shoryuken, LP Shin Shoryuken( hit 8 of the 9 hits, using 90% of one full bar of super ), LP, Crouching LK x2, Shinkuu Hadouken( total meter usage is 290% of 300% ) for a total of 16 hits and much higher damage.

What do you think?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

uhm.. ok.. what?
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Gal not 2D fighting fan...

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

you're the best drawer in tw

Comment

Originally posted by Send
          you're the best drawer in tw
          Thanks n.n

.Halo.

Comment

I remember you can do something like that in the SF EX series with the Super Cancel or something (HP+HK), but not quite in the same vein as you, as the Super Cancel is an actual hit in itself. Super Cancel takes up a Super bar already too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
              I remember you can do something like that in the SF EX series with the Super Cancel or something (HP+HK), but not quite in the same vein as you, as the Super Cancel is an actual hit in itself. Super Cancel takes up a Super bar already too.
              Isn't that a move to cacel and opponent's super? And EX is 3D not 2D

.Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
                An interesting idea but it would lead to a rediculous number of infinite or near infinite combos with multiple characters. That is basically the biggest problem with Marvel vs Capcom 2, WAY too many infinite combos.
                Nope, got that covered.

MvC2 and CvS2 were only examples of 2D fighters, I didn't mean this system for those two games, but let me explain.

Only 3 bars of super meter, every super in the game would cost 1 or 3 bars. Thus you could not do a level 3 super into a level one, unless you only used less than 100% of the first bar, but that would completely kill the damage of the super. Also, if you do a level 1 super, delay it and start a new level 1 super( ie do a Shin Shoryuken, cancel it and combo into a Shinkuu Hadouken ) the Shinkuu Hadouken would use 2 levels of super, which is double it's normal usage. That, coupled with unless by cliches, it's hard to lengthen combos much past a certain point, usually you can only combo up to 5 normal moves on the ground/air, and no more than 2 specials, if even that many.

Also, say if you get hit after canceling the super, or you block a hit, your super would become null and because you were punished for attempting it, you would use the normal amount of meter, even if you canceled it. That would balance out things a bit, making you have to be sure you can land the delayed normal and not just throwing stuff out.

But near infinite combos and infinite combos yes could happen, if you can find the right combination... perhaps if you delay the super or the super you add to it, the damage could lessen with each hit? Say with each hit after the first of the supers they would do 10-20% less damage than the previous hit?

.Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
                  An interesting idea but it would lead to a rediculous number of infinite or near infinite combos with multiple characters. That is basically the biggest problem with Marvel vs Capcom 2, WAY too many infinite combos.
                  cool avatar
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                    'm really on the bored side, having set aside a character design I am currently working on to submit to Terminal Reality( video game company, made BloodRaybe 2, they liked the Prom Night picture I drew click here, seriously they liked it ). Anyway, the character has been in my mind for ages to be in a game, an Action/RPG, fighter and whatever else he could fit into. I got to thinking( I am always thinking up game ideas ) about a possibility in a 2D fighting game, which stemmed from this character.

Y'know how in 2D fighters, let's take Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2 for example, how you can link normal moves into special moves into super moves, ie the following:

With Ryu -
                    LP, LK, Crouching LP, Crouching LK, LP Tatsumaki Senpukyaku( Hurricane Kick ), Shinkuu Hadouken

Well, my idea was what if you could do "delayed" supers and combos. Let me explain.

Say you have 3 bar super meter( ala CvS2 ) and you go for a combo leading into a super: Ryu again, HP, HP Shoryuken, Shin Shoryuken, well say you did the Shin Shoryuken using LP, if you hold down LP you could lead into a delay of...

Say you hit 3 of the 9 hits of the Shin Shoryuken, if you release LP, Ryu would stop the super( only using a percentange of the super bar that equaled the amount of the super move used ), throw out a LP, and you could renew the starting combo( HP, HP Shoryuken ) and then redo the LP Shin Shoryuken motion to finish the super where it left off.

This way you could tack on additional damage, however small it may be, and make longer/flashier combos. Also, you could use another super for even more damage, however the second super would use double the meter it usually does.

Example:

Ryu-

HP, HP Shoryuken, LP Shin Shoryuken( hit 8 of the 9 hits, using 90% of one full bar of super ), LP, Crouching LK x2, Shinkuu Hadouken( total meter usage is 290% of 300% ) for a total of 16 hits and much higher damage.

What do you think?
                    Lemme check if I got this right:
                    1. Game starts
                    2. Timer starts ticking down from 20
                    3. Press as many buttons as quickly as you can
                    4. Timer is out
                    5. The characters start jumping around like master Yoda in the new (in many meanings) Star Wars movies.
                    6. The one who pressed more buttons/nanosecond wins.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                      Isn't that a move to cacel and opponent's super? And EX is 3D not 2D
                      Nope it cancels your own. If you do it by itself, it is just a unblockable move. And as you should know, it is 2D with just 3D graphics.

Comment

Sounds a lot like level 2 super-cancels in cvs2 with C groove. You have a 3-stage super bar, and if you connect with a level 2 super, you can cancel it after it connects to another level 1 super.
                        www.liveforspeed.net

Comment

The only capcom fanboys I approve of are Richard Creager and No one can kill me.
                          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                            5. The characters start jumping around like master Yoda in the new (in many meanings) Star Wars movies.
                            lol yoda, super graphics masta
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

1. Tacturn Bob, favorite avatar of all time that I've seen up in here

2. I'm not totally sure, if this was what you had in mind, but...

Okay, so you're Ryu and you hit your super fireball, and then you cancel it. Now, you should only have a limited amount of time until your 'charge' lasts and maybe keep the background all trippy, add in some chaotic music, and you have like 7 to 10 seconds to blast off your super fireball or you waste ALL of your energy bars and give it to the opposing team.

That now, in turn, would give the opponent who successfully defended itself from your super strike a reward of having their own now.
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X