Fcc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fcc

This is mostly for the Americans here, though I wouldn't doubt a lot of the rest of you know what I am talking about.

As an artist, censorship is something I really, truly dislike, because I feel it is no one's right to tell artists of any kind that they can't express themselves how they want to( in restriction, 've heard seriel killers label themselves as "artists", to me, that's just a no ).

Anyway, most everyone knows how Howard Stern is being treated and how the FCC/Government want to control everything. To me, the FCC is stupid. They ban "dirty" words from the radio and tv, and are wanting to move into cable if they haven't already. Words like shit, fuck, bitch, ass, etc etc are banned from multimedia, but there are so many more "clean" words that when put together can be far more offensive than these "dirty" words. Want an example?

I want to slit open your babies stomach and pull out its kidney, then shove it down its throat while it bleeds to death.

I think that's a little more offensive than saying "fuck you", isn't it?

Thoughts on the FCC, censorship and really anything to do with this?

( Example came from Foamy's Rants for the Masses CD )

Btw, 'm bored, 13 minutes until I head off to work.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Well, I'd hate to say it, but I'm a little more to the center on this issue. I was not down with Janet's boob being dangled, but I think Stern shouldn't have Michael Powell's hand up his ass all day either.

The main difference is the Superbowl is an event that is family oriented, and many American families tune in with no expectation of nudity. Perhaps a little sensuality or mild crudity with the commercials, but definitely not nudity.

However, Stern is a different story. You know what you're going to get with him, he loves to be an edgy mofo and if you aren't down with that, turn the fucking dial.

But I still think America is pretty uptight and hypocritical when it comes to values. We don't like nudity, but we love violence? We don't like drugs, but we love pharmecuticals? We care about preventing gay marriage, but don't give a fuck about the environment?

Oh well. 59 million people can't be wrong. Must be me. :rolleyeso

Comment

Working...
    X