Clear All

• ok seriously

http://www.reuters.com/printerFriend...toryID=6911883
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

I am serious, you're the fucking joker
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

is the decl. of independance banne in england

internet de la jerome

Comment

You on crack?
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

internet de la jerome

Comment

I wish people would stop being so crazy.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

i used to marvel at bands singing about drowning in the bullshit of politics, now i can relate to them

internet de la jerome

Comment

that doesn't make any sense at all
                Originally posted by Ward
                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Yet another example of how religion tends to start more problems than it solves.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

why isn't it just 'god'?

it's not like a figment of a shitload of imaginations needs a proper noun
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                      Yet another example of how religion tends to start more problems than it solves.

I don't think you can lay this one on religion. This one goes out to the far leftists who let ideology run wild in the face of common sense. We don't want some teacher telling our kids to be religious, but instead of telling him he can't teach the declaration of independence, why not sit down with your kid and talk to him about what those people believed vs. what you believe and let him know that he's free to believe what he wants? If it's actually an issue, have a meeting with the concerned parents and the teacher and include the students and have an open discussion about the whole issue... turn it into a learning experience for the kids instead of going the book-burning route with one of the most important documents in our nations history.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

So hard to say without seeing all the facts.

For what we know, this teacher's lesson plan could have been "we owe everything to Jesus. America is based on Jesus. Here's some documents that support my claim" or something. On the other hand, the teacher could have been a super-liberal and the principle banned anything that even had the word 'god' in it for the ENTIRE school cause the principle was crazy.

This article doesn't really give any useful information about what's really going on. It reminds me of the article a while back about the father who was being sued for leaving his kid out in the sun for 8 hours and giving the kid a sunburn. That's all the article said, and people got mad.

Well further reporting indicated that the kid was actually mentally retarded, and that the father had left him out in the sun before, and was specifically told not to because the kid had skin problems or something. And the father actually just left him there, went somewhere else for 8 hours, while he was supposed to be looking after this kid in place of the mother. So basically it really was negligance and justified that action was taken against him. But you'd never know it just by reading the first article you saw...

-Epi
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

political correctness is so correct nowadays that it has become incorrect
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I think that's just crazy. Are they going to stop allowing people to use currency now because it says "In God we trust" on it?
                            Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                            1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                            1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                            1:Chao <ER>> at all
                            1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                            1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                            Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                            Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

from reading in-between the lines....it would seem like maybe this teacher purposely picked up all writings that have some referrence to god. he might be a religious zealot. it said the principal was already making sure and approving this teacher's lesson plans, maybe he was doing that cause the guy was trying to teach religion and some students or parents complained. also the fact that the story mentions 5 different primary sources the teacher picked to read and teach the class, and just by plain coincidence they referred to god. when i took american history in highschool, we looked at something like 100 primary source materials, and maybe one referred to god in any meaningful way. sounds like this teacher 'maybe' picked and chose materials that had a religious content to it and he chose to centralfy his teachings from that aspect.

whatever u read in the news, try to look for the things that seem weird and make logical conclusions as to why it is 'that' way. ie read between the lines and use ur head for common sense. i could be wrong, but my explanation above seems like a very possible realistic assessment to what it is all about.
                              -L3

Comment

Working...
                              X